Top 3 Picks in 2019 WNBA Draft? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Picks in 2019 WNBA Draft?

Reaction Score
Jordy (and Scoop):
Brianna missed the 17-18 season due to an ACL, which is usually a season-ender for anyone (if not more).
However, before that, she was very resilient in dealing with her injuries. She had a serious shoulder injury her sophomore year. Rather than have immediate surgery, she played through it (wearing a brace), had surgery in the off-season and came back in time for her junior year, albeit with not a lot of practice time. She's a gamer.

I'm adding in some of her season highlights because its' been a year since we've seen her name in boxscores. she can play. Well. If she's makes it through this year, she's a first-round draft choice.

Hopefully, MM will able to ease her into minutes as the season progresses. Playing with her buddy, Jessica Shepard, will help, as will the return of Mik Vaughn, who interestingly both looks and plays a bit like Bri.

BTW, I noted she shared a stat with Stewey, which I found interesting given I thought of pairing them together in Seattle!

Freshman Year (2014-2015)
• Started in 35 of 36 games played, averaging 25.6 minutes
• Averaged 13.8 points, 7.9 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 1.1 steals per game with 10 double-doubles, leading team in all categories except scoring and steals
• Led nation and ACC in field-goal percentage (.652), becoming the third freshman in NCAA history to lead nation in field-goal percentage

Sophomore Year (2015-2016)
• Started all 29 games played (missed six games with shoulder injury)
• Led ACC in both field-goal percentage (.593 - fifth in nation) and blocked shots (3.0 bpg - 13th in nation)
• Scored in double figures 25 times (including four 20-point games)
• One of two players to rank in the top 13 in nation in field-goal percentage and blocked shots per game (along with one Breanna Stewart)

JUNIOR SEASON (2016-17)
• Started all 35 games, averaging 28.7 minutes per game
• Had a career high 38 assists
• Was named ACC Defensive Player of the Year for the second straight season, standing ninth in league history in blocks (263)
• Saw less than 20 minutes of action only four times
• Scored in double figures 29 times and recorded seven double-doubles

I don't like her much because of the team she plays on, for obvious reasons, but she seems like a great kid. With that being said, up to her junior year, she hadn't really developed anything outside of 3 -5 feet from the basket. That might be an issue for her in the W. She won't be able to dominate with her athleticism in the paint like she is able to do in college. If she has used the past 15 months to open her face up game against, she will do well.

Now, with that being said, watch her drop 35 on us in South Bend and have 4 3's. HA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom