Top 16 tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 16 tonight

Reaction Score
that if Maryland shall jump higher on this list then they will need to beat teams ranked higher than them. And, unfortunately they haven't. And they do not face the likes of most of these teams in the remaining schedule.

If MD beats Ohio St, they will move up. Mark it down.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If MD beats Ohio St, they will move up. Mark it down.

Agreed. Once they beat up the big ten they'll get more recognition from the committee. Their only notable win at this point was a close victory over Louisville. Still though, kind of surprised they're at 9 when they appear to be a top 4-5 team. If they end up in a bracket with Mississippi State, I think just about everyone will put money on the Terps.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Duke ends up as a #3 seed.... imma be like this for Oregon State to be the #2 in our region

Praying-Dog-300x241.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If Duke ends up as a #3 seed... imma be like this for Oregon State to be the #2 in our region

If I were you I wouldn't look ahead of the first 2 games. IIRC the last NCAA tournament home game did not go so well for Duke. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I were you I wouldn't look ahead of the first 2 games. IIRC the last NCAA tournament home game did not go so well for Duke. :rolleyes:

Actually we beat the #5 seed Miss State in 2015 to get to the Sweet 16.

You are thinking back to 2014 when we got beat by #7 Depaul We were without All-American PG Gray (Knee), Alexis Jones (Knee), and another backup PG (Wells).... playing Tricia Liston at the PG against that quicker guard oriented Depaul team was a recipe for disaster... and that's exactly what happened.... a disaster :(

Barring injury... I dont see any 6, 11, or 14 seeded team coming into Durham and knocking this years team off. :mad: 15-0 at home this year with one more game vs Miami next Sunday.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Actually we beat the #5 seed Miss State in 2015 to get to the Sweet 16.

You are thinking back to 2014 when we got beat by #7 Depaul We were without All-American PG Gray (Knee), Alexis Jones (Knee), and another backup PG (Wells)... playing Tricia Liston at the PG against that quicker guard oriented Depaul team was a recipe for disaster.. and that's exactly what happened... a disaster :(

Barring injury.. I dont see any 6, 11, or 14 seeded team coming into Durham and knocking this years team off. :mad: 15-0 at home this year with one more game vs Miami next Sunday.

Oops, I got my years mixed up there. Yes, they beat Miss St and then lost to the 1-seed Terps. And yes, Duke has been extra tough at home this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tennessee sent to Durham, to see DeShields face off against the player she got a T for trash-talking her freshman year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oops, I got my years mixed up there. Yes, they beat Miss St and then lost to the 1-seed Terps. And yes, Duke has been extra tough at home this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tennessee sent to Durham, to see DeShields face off against the player she got a T for trash-talking her freshman year.

Oh yeah... the ACC Tourney Semi-finals in 2014. :D Of course I was there... with a few UNC fans around me. It changed the momentum of the game in our favor. That was an electric atmosphere that Saturday night. If you recall... UNC had swept Duke in the regular season..... but we got our sweet revenge :cool: Also in the regular season finale.. that was the game that Coach McCallie went through the handshake line and skipped Deshields :eek:

I have mixed feelings on TN being sent to Durham. I feel confident that we would beat them in Durham..... and it would be fun to send them packing..... but in the event of an upset..... it would be a sickening feeling losing to that gang.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Taunting, to be more precise. I was thinking of that incident earlier today. I often think of it when DeShields is spoken of as having fallen short of expectations.

Can you remind us who the Duke player was?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Taunting, to be more precise. I was thinking of that incident earlier today. I often think of it when DeShields is spoken of as having fallen short of expectations.

Can you remind us who the Duke player was?

If my memory recalls... it was Haley Peters. #23 (at the time) had just hit 3 in front of Peters and started to jaw.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If my memory recalls.. it was Haley Peters. #23 (at the time) had just hit 3 in front of Peters and started to jaw.

Again I got a detail wrong. I was thinking for some reason it was Greenwell, but it was Peters:
ACC Women's Basketball Digest - ACC Semifinal: #2 Duke 66, #6 UNC 61 - 3/8/2014

It was that type of behavior that made me strongly dislike DeShields in her freshman year, and I had no rival allegiance compelling me to do so. I do think, to her credit, she has grown out of that stuff.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I do think, to her credit, she has grown out of that stuff.
Which is to your credit. I have a hard time getting past that when I think of her and her attitude. Hopefully, you're right and she's matured.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Which is to your credit. I have a hard time getting past that when I think of her and her attitude. Hopefully, you're right and she's matured.

Well, I mainly mean that she isn't getting technicals for taunting and I don't see her disrespecting her opponents anymore. Sometimes her body language at Tennessee has looked bad (a bit pouty), but I believe even that has improved since last year. What has improved leaps and bounds this year is her effort on defense, which of course is attitude-related.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom