Top 10 plays for the Season | The Boneyard

Top 10 plays for the Season

Reaction Score
Great list, thanks! I was surprised to see how many highlight plays Sid was involved in this year. Shows that the potential is there. Also, I thought Gaffney’s reverse layup was one of the best non-dunk UConn highlights I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for putting this together.

Reaction Score
Wow, I love this. Thank you!

If you hadn't seen a second of UConn basketball this year and watched this video, you would think Sid was one of the 3 best players on the team. Really hope he is able to put it all together at some point.

Reaction Score
Great list, thanks! I was surprised to see how many highlight plays Sid was involved in this year. Shows that the potential is there. Also, I thought Gaffney’s reverse layup was one of the best non-dunk UConn highlights I’ve seen in a while. Thanks for putting this together.
Agreed on Gaffney. The degree of difficulty on that entire play was very high and he made it look pretty effortless.

Reaction Score
Wow, I love this. Thank you!

If you hadn't seen a second of UConn basketball this year and watched this video, you would think Sid was one of the 3 best players on the team. Really hope he is able to put it all together at some point.

Wilson produces highlight-reel plays. The problem is that he doesn't do much else when he's not doing those things.

Hope Hurley can get him to put in the solo time in the gym to improve his skills and work hard in practice to develop a better feel for the game.

On the other hand, it seems like these plays by Bouknight are routine and effortless, with so many more of them than captured in the highlights.

Reaction Score
Any one got any good honorable mentions? A few I'm thinking about:

- James Bouknight And-1 against Xavier to force 2OT.
- James Bouknight put-back on his own missed shot vs Maine
- Alterique Gilbert crunch time pull up jumper at the end of the Florida game.
- Brendan Adams poster dunk against Maine

Reaction Score
Any one got any good honorable mentions? A few I'm thinking about:

- James Bouknight And-1 against Xavier to force 2OT.
- James Bouknight put-back on his own missed shot vs Maine
- Alterique Gilbert crunch time pull up jumper at the end of the Florida game.
- Brendan Adams poster dunk against Maine

Was considering those I will also add
  • Steal and dunk by CV v. Florida
  • Alley oop from Gaff to Bouk v. Buffalo
  • alley oop to Akok v. Buffalo
  • Carlton block v. Villanova
Unlike in previous years, there was a lot to choose from so it made it hard to leave stuff out

Reaction Score
Was considering those I will also add
  • Steal and dunk by CV v. Florida
  • Alley oop from Gaff to Bouk v. Buffalo
  • alley oop to Akok v. Buffalo
  • Carlton block v. Villanova
Unlike in previous years, there was a lot to choose from so it made it hard to leave stuff out
Yeah no doubt. Those are some good additions as well. Had forgotten about that Carlton block and was kind of wracking my brain for the most impressive Akok play of the season but I think you nailed it. Fun season for highlights!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wilson produces highlight-reel plays. The problem is that he doesn't do much else when he's not doing those things.

Hope Hurley can get him to put in the solo time in the gym to improve his skills and work hard in practice to develop a better feel for the game.

On the other hand, it seems like these plays by Bouknight are routine and effortless, with so many more of them than captured in the highlights.

Yes on Wilson. He can make high level plays that you can't defend against or game plan against as an opposing coach. Also, those plays he made were at critical points in the game and against high level opponents.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Excellent !

I think most everyone already knew which play would be number 1.....
Played that about 15 times on the big screen this morning. Can't decide which one I like best.
Yeah, Bouk's impossible one hand catch and hammer is absolutely special, and deserves to be the top play of the season.
But the Vital/Bouk play is wild, too. CV is trying to throw it off the defender as he's going out of bounds. But the ball doesn't go out after bouncing off the guy. CV recovers, comes back inbounds, grabs the ball and fires a near 3/4 court pass on the money to Bouk for the stuff. That's special too.
But what about Sid getting it done at both ends with spectacular athleticism, sandwiched around Vital diving into the stands to save Sid's block?
Yet somehow, Whaley's pass ahead while lying on his back strikes a strong chord with me.
Can't decide. Maybe I should watch it again. And again, ad infinitum.
When does the season start again?

Reaction Score
Carlton looked so Carlton on his “oop” attempt in the Sid Wilson block and put back dunk highlight. He needs to shed weight badly.

Reaction Score
Played that about 15 times on the big screen this morning. Can't decide which one I like best.
Yeah, Bouk's impossible one hand catch and hammer is absolutely special, and deserves to be the top play of the season.
But the Vital/Bouk play is wild, too. CV is trying to throw it off the defender as he's going out of bounds. But the ball doesn't go out after bouncing off the guy. CV recovers, comes back inbounds, grabs the ball and fires a near 3/4 court pass on the money to Bouk for the stuff. That's special too.
But what about Sid getting it done at both ends with spectacular athleticism, sandwiched around Vital diving into the stands to save Sid's block?
Yet somehow, Whaley's pass ahead while lying on his back strikes a strong chord with me.
Can't decide. Maybe I should watch it again. And again, ad infinitum.
When does the season start again?

On both ends? Heck Sid was way ahead of both ends he started it on the first of 3 ends with a strategic turnover leading to this highlight. ;)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yes on Wilson. He can make high level plays that you can't defend against or game plan against as an opposing coach. Also, those plays he made were at critical points in the game and against high level opponents.
Sid's good moments are beyond great. His problem is that he seems to disappear between opportunities to make highlight reel type plays.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If Sid can play like he was up until his knee injury he is going be good for us next year.

Reaction Score
I don't even have to watch to know what #1 is! But I'm going to watch anyways while I'm working from home!

Reaction Score
That Wichita St. play that started with a Sid turnover, but ended with a vicious Sid put-back slam, could be considered 1b. Incredible team effort that ensued following the rejection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom