Top 10 Best Teams at Scoring after a Timeout | The Boneyard

Top 10 Best Teams at Scoring after a Timeout

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How can that be? I read on the Boneyard that KO doesn't know how to call an inbounds play.
I second this
Where are the ones who made that claim????
I still can't see that the team is this high - top 33% would have opened my eyes

Reaction Score
My gut is that this has less to do with the actual inbound play than it does the set that occurs after.

But that's just as well. KO has always run much better stuff than people give him credit for, you just don't see it on a possession by possession basis because at the end of the day basketball is still about players. This is also why I have zero doubt he could succeed in the NBA.

Reaction Score
UConn comes in at #7 on NCAA.com's list. Pretty remarkable considering we are 244th in points per possession normally.

College basketball: How teams win the scoring battle after a timeout

You realize your bringing facts to a discussion that was heavily influenced by alternative facts?

This ruins the resident basketball "experts" claims that KO is not a very good Xs & Os coach. You bring facts while the "experts" base their conclusions on how often KO throws tantrums at refs.

There is a reason why KO was highly sought after coach by many NBA teams. Anyone who says KO is not a good in-game coach has no idea what they are talking about when it comes to basketball.

Reaction Score
I'm honestly shocked by this.

But also, how are there 12 possessions a game on offense after timeouts? Is it TV timeouts on whistles? 1st plays of halves? Anecdotally it seems we have trouble inbounding the ball in the frontcourt, but apparently we don't have trouble scoring on those possessions. Or at least, we score at about our normal rate even though the defense is set, and everyone else is much worse then.

We do often do lob dunks to Brimah in situations like this (like first play of 2nd halves).

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
There are a lot of times when this team comes out and plays well after timeouts, at least for a little while. It's like they can execute a specific play pretty well usually, but struggle to keep it going on their own.

Reaction Score
we just need Jalen to drink the cool-aid and every on else to listen.

I think the drinking part is done but the listening.... not so much.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
My gut is that this has less to do with the actual inbound play than it does the set that occurs after.

But that's just as well. KO has always run much better stuff than people give him credit for, you just don't see it on a possession by possession basis because at the end of the day basketball is still about players. This is also why I have zero doubt he could succeed in the NBA.
you think if the men adopt the quarters like the women he would do well?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know my frustrations are more with end line OOB plays where UConn mostly throws it to half court.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We'll assume the 3/4 across the court 40' pass that just got picked off for a steal will lower that percentage.

Reaction Score
Look at many of the other teams in the top 10, other than a very good UCLA team, nothing special.

Reaction Score
We don't run in-bounds plays from underneath the basket, anyone with eyes knows this.
This blows my mind most about Ollie as a coach. Good teams score 6-8 points a game off endline OOB plays. We rarely take advantage in such situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom