tooooo funny | The Boneyard

tooooo funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
for years most of BE fball school fans have been screaming at the prov mob and all the nonaction that is going on. prov all this time has been a joke in bball. this will just show u how dumb that fanbase really is. go over to there board and read some of the threads. a good amount of posters over there actually want or believe that prov has sent a application to the acc and that the acc is "looking" for bball only schools to finish off the addition and even more funny is that prov could/should be one of the picks. just un real that ppl have no clue how things are happening. then there is the other side of the camp that is ok with the catholic bball league but they want the prov mob to now be proactive, lol, becuase they have shown that ability before. just to funny that board. just real rtards to whats actually happening here. its fantasy world over there beyond belief. the pest are the pitt/cuse fans that go over there just to on them one last time and let them kno abou the prov mob things up and how without pitt/cuse/uconn/ruty/wvu's in the conf any more, they will make almopst no tv$$$. i hope that fan base enjoys bc hockey on them.

Reaction Score
who cares? they'll be on the outside looking in when all is said and done...why do people keep trying to keep providence bball relevant?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here is the thing...the hoop-onlies do have a path to success.

Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Xavier and maybe Dayton have real value. They do what they do without the benefit of football -- although in the case of the Big East schools, an affiliation with football helps pad their bank accounts. That ship has sailed, but there is no reason that they should be diminished on the basketball court.

Figure this...

Georgetown
Villanova
St. John's
Marquette
Xavier
Dayton
Seton Hall
Providence
DePaul
Notre Dame

If Notre Dame doesn't want to be involved or if they want to go to 12, they can look at some of the bigger Colonial or Atlantic 10 schools. (If I were building the conference, I would stay at 10 to keep an 18-game, home and home schedule.) That looks like a 4-5 bid conference every year to me.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
That opens the door for St. John's, who might be on the rise, to return to prominence. For the life of me I don't understand how you can't recruit a 16 year old kid by telling him he can play half his games at the Garden.

Reaction Score
Its also not like St. Johns sells out all of their games at MSG. If SJU could pack MSG like it is packed for the BET for all of their games then they would be beyond compare, but they don't.

Reaction Score
That seems best, keeping a catholic flavor; I would think about, provided ND does leave, adding teams that have recently been to the Final Four, like Butler and G Mason. I imagine Georgetown would be against GM (and that university has a different feel than say, Villanova), but Butler could certianly fit the profile, and would fit in nicely with Marquette and DePaul in the midwest.

I could see Richmond in that conference as well, they were in the sweet 16 last year and have a good academic reputation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Here is the thing...the hoop-onlies do have a path to success.

Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Xavier and maybe Dayton have real value. They do what they do without the benefit of football -- although in the case of the Big East schools, an affiliation with football helps pad their bank accounts. That ship has sailed, but there is no reason that they should be diminished on the basketball court.

Figure this...

Georgetown
Villanova
St. John's
Marquette
Xavier
Dayton
Seton Hall
Providence
DePaul
Notre Dame

If Notre Dame doesn't want to be involved or if they want to go to 12, they can look at some of the bigger Colonial or Atlantic 10 schools. (If I were building the conference, I would stay at 10 to keep an 18-game, home and home schedule.) That looks like a 4-5 bid conference every year to me.

This is a viable conference. And absolutely nothing wrong with it. It may sting a little to get a reduced revenue stream that they have had in the past from the football stream, but that sour taste will be gone quickly. And yes some of the football schools fans are/were resentful that the bb only schools appeared to benefit more from the relationship than the football schools. But I take the position it was beneficial to both, although a little more beneficial to the bb schools.

UConn, Cuse and Pitt struggled in football (in UConn's case it was a non BCS football entity) and the bb side of the conference kept these schools in the limelight, which helped them in many ways. Georgetown, Nova and St. Johns were important names on the national scene during the early years of the conference. Only Syracuse added cache early in the leagues history.

The wobble of things getting out of balance for the football schools is a recent occurrence. And those fans that want to point this out to the bb school fan base are only examining things in a myopic way. I'm just going to move on when everything settles, looking fondly back at all the accomplishments UConn had in the BE and its rise to prominence in this conference and on the national scene. And I'll look forward to UConn's new adventure.

Reaction Score
This is a viable conference. And absolutely nothing wrong with it. It may sting a little to get a reduced revenue stream that they have had in the past from the football stream, but that sour taste will be gone quickly. And yes some of the football schools fans are/were resentful that the bb only schools appeared to benefit more from the relationship than the football schools. But I take the position it was beneficial to both, although a little more beneficial to the bb schools.

The BB only schools will realize a significant decrease in revenue and prestige from the dismantling of the Big East. The new league will need some form for football to make any real money and they know that. A bb only conference will be similar to that of a A10 as the big money will dry up (not totally but significantly) and the top coaches will be constantly moving to the mega conference jobs when they open up. Recruiting will suffer as recruits will not have Big Monday, MSG tourney, top coaches, top facilities etc. Don't look at these teams as they are today as they have had the Big East as a stage to get the best of the aforementioned advantages. Of course there will be that occasional team that pops up here and there for a short period of time but the league will not have any real stature. If the BB only league happens, I am very interested to see if they can average $11million per team as they would have under the most recent contract that ESPN offered to the that Marinate turned down. This will show everyone the extent of the piggybacking of the BB only's and I for one believe the disparity will be shocking that this defection didn't happen sooner.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The BB only schools will realize a significant decrease in revenue and prestige from the dismantling of the Big East. The new league will need some form for football to make any real money and they know that. A bb only conference will be similar to that of a A10 as the big money will dry up (not totally but significantly) and the top coaches will be constantly moving to the mega conference jobs when they open up. Recruiting will suffer as recruits will not have Big Monday, MSG tourney, top coaches, top facilities etc. Don't look at these teams as they are today as they have had the Big East as a stage to get the best of the aforementioned advantages. Of course there will be that occasional team that pops up here and there for a short period of time but the league will not have any real stature. If the BB only league happens, I am very interested to see if they can average $11million per team as they would have under the most recent contract that ESPN offered to the that Marinate turned down. This will show everyone the extent of the piggybacking of the BB only's and I for one believe the disparity will be shocking that this defection didn't happen sooner.
Your scenario is certainly a possibility. Turning down the contract is turning out to be a problem for the BE. But there was no way of knowing TAM was bolting the B12 and events were going to unfold the way they are now unfolding. And even with that contract, there was no guarantee teams would abandon the BE resulting in the contract being reduced. TAM is bolting a better contract. So was the gamble for a better contract for the BE foolish? Certainly the way events unfolded. But had they been different Marinotto would have been considered a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom