Tookie Brown (Committed to Georgia Southern) | The Boneyard

Tookie Brown (Committed to Georgia Southern)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just decommitted from Mississippi State.

From ESPN:

Strengths:
Brown's speed and quickness allows him to excel in transition and to get into the paint mostly at will against a set defense where he does a good of getting his teammates involved with his penetration and passing. He can make open rythum dribble shots and plays in attack mode. Brown is also a good rebounder for a point guard.

Weaknesses:
adding strength should be at the top of the to do list for Brown in addition to continue to develop as a shooter and decision maker all in which he is very capable.

Bottom Line:
Brown is an attacking point guard that can make plays for teammates or can call his own number when needed. He has all the tools needed to run a team.

Reaction Score
It's safe to say that he wouldn't have said this if they hadn't given him the release, right?

Reaction Score
he was easily the best player on the floor in that title game against Lubin/Simonds last year.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
That video isn't great, but I've watched games where he looked like the best player on the court without being the best prospect. Can't hurt to open the book on him again.

Personally I think he'll stay south at this point.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If there is an area where our staff has contacts, it's Georgia. (Ricky.)

We do need another ballhandler, but we have another Georgia prospect coming up in a week, so this one might be a little delicate.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thanks. I guess we should just ignore it instead of talking about it on a freaking message board.
Check every thread. Every recruiting thread. Every page has at least 2 comments saying exactly what you're saying. There's only so much you can say on a freaking message board without repeating the same thing

Reaction Score
Check every thread. Every recruiting thread. Every page has at least 2 comments saying exactly what you're saying. There's only so much you can say on a freaking message board without repeating the same thing

We are banking 3 scholarships for no apparent reason whatsoever. I have no idea why we shouldn't be talking about that constantly.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We are banking 3 scholarships for no apparent reason whatsoever. I have no idea why we shouldn't be talking about that constantly.

I don't know about you, but I don't think that KO is just going to boot up his computer, check the BY, and say "Oh ! We have 3 extra scholarships that we should fill! Thanks guys, I'm gonna get off my @$$ and finally start recruiting!"

Reaction Score
I don't know about you, but I don't think that KO is just going to boot up his computer, check the BY, and say "Oh ! We have 3 extra scholarships that we should fill! Thanks guys, I'm gonna get off my @$$ and finally start recruiting!"

This could be Russian I honestly have no clue what you're even talking about. Saving 3 scholarships for no reason apparently makes sense to you. Genius.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This could be Russian I honestly have no clue what you're even talking about. Saving 3 scholarships for no reason apparently makes sense to you. Genius.

I'm wondering what the purpose of incessantly complaining about recruiting without having any real insight is. It's not like you going on and on about how screwed our recruiting is and how the sky is falling imminently will actually cause a change in the way the program conducts business, so all I have to ask is what's the point?

Also I find it incredibly hilarious that you think the staff is purposely saving these scholarships. Why were they on the recruiting trail all year offering prospects if they wanted to leave 3 spots open? Furthermore, what makes you think they're just sitting on their @$$es right now -- aren't multiple graduate transfers being actively recruited?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It seems to me that we have tried mightily to fill those scholarships and that we are still trying to do so. If we don't, it won't be for no reason whatsoever; it will be because we missed on the recruits we wanted. So I think there is a fatal flaw in your "saving three scholarships for no reason" theory.

As for talking about it constantly, clearly some are and some aren't. No question the recruiting misses are concerning on a number of levels. The question imo is what can be done about it.

Rather than making up fiction like "banking three scholarships for no reason" or demanding pink slips for the staff, I've tried to better understand the nature and extent of the problem and what we can and can't control. For example, we can't control the conference. Not that that stops people here from demanding that we change that. What we can control is the players whom we target. That's why I thought that the Coach K insight I posted in the 20th best recruiting class thread was interesting. It does seem that we might have cast too wide of a net and would be better served by focusing more effort on fewer recruits, and especially focusing on "fit" for our program. There is no question that we wasted a lot of time, effort and resources getting on the list with a lot of top recruits, only to end up not being selected by any of them except Adams and Enoch. That's where I would invest my efforts trying to refine our approach.

KO had a tremendous first two seasons as head coach by any reasonable measure. This season, not so much. I expected bumps in the road, and it appears that recruiting may be one of them that he needs to figure out pronto. But in fairness to him, it is an entirely different landscape now than the environment in which we were previously recruiting, starting with the handicap that our present conference poses. I am confident that he will adjust.

Reaction Score
Kid can dribble and breathes. That's my qualifications for an offer. Not sure if matches the coaches though.

Reaction Score
I think you just have nothing worthwhile to add to any discussion, but you still want to butt in, so this why you put it 5 times in every thread.

Reaction Score
I bet if Ollie could do it over again and choose between five Top 100 players vs. 3 open scholarships, he'd take 3 open scholarships ;)

It makes a ton of sense to play under the scholarship limit for the 5th straight year. Depth isn't important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom