Too much Cuse hate on this board | The Boneyard

Too much Cuse hate on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're not the ones who killed the Big East. Boeheim is on record as saying we never would have gone to the ACC had the BE taken the espn deal in early 2011 that Pitt and ND rejected. As a cuse fan I'm sad to the BE collapse, and I know our long term future is far from totally secure given the fault lines in the ACC between the southern football schools, the Carolina schools, and the old BE schools. Everyone knows ND joining fulltime is a real longshot. A healthy BE if Miami and BC (and even, gulp, WV) hadn't left would have been preferable to road games at Clemson and Wake.

That said, all the anti-Cuse posts here over the top. Uconn being a major NYC player is just not true. If you've ever been to a BE tourney game, you know the 10 blocks around MSG are a sea of orange...not navy nor red. Our alum in the media, football and b-ball history (one of the only schools in D1 to have won both football and b-ball NC's), and recent success in all sports ensure our relevance. If you've been to a bar in the city on a fall Saturday, you know the NYC teams are Michigan, Penn St, Cuse, UVA, ND. Lots of Duke alum too but not for football games. Not UConn. (Nor Rutgers.) Connecticut is a decently populated, wealthy state that's an attractive tv market on its own merits. That said, i think some of the posters on this board overrate the tv $ aspect to CR. As ND's said, they would have been in the B1G years ago if it were all about the money. Same could be said for UNC and UVA. Yes, it's a factor...but not the only one. A program's tradition and geography matter too, along with their relative power within a conference, with academics, lacrosse (rising in popularity), and olympic sports lesser but still relevant factors.

I'm posting this in the hopes that the UConn fans don't tip over into rabid WVU style ACC-hating zombies. You could be in the ACC one day, or we could both be in some new northeastern conference one day. Nothing's impossible. I hope our administrations stay in touch, and we schedule some b-ball games soon.

Reaction Score
Not enough Cuse hate here, if you ask me.

xlkj.jpg

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Hate? Pffft.

We've gone beyond hate and straight to apathy. We just gon't give a ---- about SU anymore.

See you when we see you. Enjoy Greensboro...

Reaction Score
Yeah we should embrace a school that has been working hard to keep us out of the ACC. If you ask me, there isn't enough hate. The fruits can suck it. We would hate the Orange and BCU even if we are in the ACC.

Reaction Score
We're not the ones who killed the Big East. Boeheim is on record as saying we never would have gone to the ACC had the BE taken the espn deal in early 2011 that Pitt and ND rejected. As a cuse fan I'm sad to the BE collapse, and I know our long term future is far from totally secure given the fault lines in the ACC between the southern football schools, the Carolina schools, and the old BE schools. Everyone knows ND joining fulltime is a real longshot. A healthy BE if Miami and BC (and even, gulp, WV) hadn't left would have been preferable to road games at Clemson and Wake.

That said, all the anti-Cuse posts here over the top. Uconn being a major NYC player is just not true. If you've ever been to a BE tourney game, you know the 10 blocks around MSG are a sea of orange...not navy nor red. Our alum in the media, football and b-ball history (one of the only schools in D1 to have won both football and b-ball NC's), and recent success in all sports ensure our relevance. If you've been to a bar in the city on a fall Saturday, you know the NYC teams are Michigan, Penn St, Cuse, UVA, ND. Lots of Duke alum too but not for football games. Not UConn. (Nor Rutgers.) Connecticut is a decently populated, wealthy state that's an attractive tv market on its own merits. That said, i think some of the posters on this board overrate the tv $ aspect to CR. As ND's said, they would have been in the B1G years ago if it were all about the money. Same could be said for UNC and UVA. Yes, it's a factor...but not the only one. A program's tradition and geography matter too, along with their relative power within a conference, with academics, lacrosse (rising in popularity), and olympic sports lesser but still relevant factors.

I'm posting this in the hopes that the UConn fans don't tip over into rabid WVU style ACC-hating zombies. You could be in the ACC one day, or we could both be in some new northeastern conference one day. Nothing's impossible. I hope our administrations stay in touch, and we schedule some b-ball games soon.

You actually think there is a Syracuse presence for football on fall Saturdays in NYC?

You just exposed yourself as ignorant with that post.

Columbia U, football program has more fans in NYC than Syracuse.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Cuse hate is all about their fans reaction after they left. That, and the latent sadness CR has cause round here.

If they stop being johnsons it will pass.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dear Adbern7,
Thank you for your interest in the University of Connecticut.

This post he made today actually gave him more fan points then any of our beat writers interest wise in the program today. He'll the courant might pay him 45k a year after that post.

Reaction Score
This post he made today actually gave him more fan points then any of our beat writers interest wise in the program today. He'll the courant might pay him 45k a year after that post.
What's good?

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
And this: "If you've been to a bar in the city on a fall Saturday, you know the NYC teams are Michigan, Penn St, Cuse, UVA, ND."

UVA? Are you serious? Do you come from an alternate Earth where the University of Virginia is an actual hearts-and-minds state flagship and not an elistist institution masquerading as a public school?

(UVA's value in conference realignment continues to baffle me--they have no fans and I can remember an article a few years back where they were noted to be a football team that actually drove national ratings downward--viewers went out of their way to not watch Cavalier football, in other words--I can't google it up though. But allegedly that's what the B1G wants, so, whatever. Maybe the B1G didn't want them as badly as was rumored? Because I can't believe a school as snotty as UVA is willingly sticking around in an ACC that is now the latest version of the Big East--a kludge league of disparate parts slapped together by a cable network. And they're being matched up with Louisville--a commuter school that they have precisely nothing in common with as an institution--as their fake archrival. Insult to injury, as they say.)

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That you Bern? Must be feeling good about your defamation suit to come here stirring the pot. Do us a favor and go get in line for your wife.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And this: "If you've been to a bar in the city on a fall Saturday, you know the NYC teams are Michigan, Penn St, Cuse, UVA, ND."

UVA? Are you serious? Do you come from an alternate Earth where the University of Virginia is an actual hearts-and-minds state flagship and not an elistist institution masquerading as a public school?

(UVA's value in conference realignment continues to baffle me--they have no fans and I can remember an article a few years back where they were noted to be a football team that actually drove national ratings downward--viewers went out of their way to not watch Cavalier football, in other words--I can't google it up though. But allegedly that's what the B1G wants, so, whatever. Maybe the B1G didn't want them as badly as was rumored? Because I can't believe a school as snotty as UVA is willingly sticking around in an ACC that is now the latest version of the Big East--a kludge league of disparate parts slapped together by a cable network. And they're being matched up with Louisville--a commuter school that they have precisely nothing in common with as an institution--as their fake archrival. Insult to injury, as they say.)

Fertile recruiting ground. Lots of cable TV sets. Great academics. Geographic sense.

Not that complicated.

You are right that nobody is watching them by choice anywhere right now though.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
Fertile recruiting ground. Lots of cable TV sets. Great academics. Geographic sense.

Not that complicated.

You are right that nobody is watching them by choice anywhere right now though.

Yeah I was thinking of them more in a fanbase sense. But they do provide the other things you mentioned.

Reaction Score
Fertile recruiting ground. Lots of cable TV sets. Great academics. Geographic sense. Not that complicated. You are right that nobody is watching them by choice anywhere right now though.

Absolutely the B1G was and likely remains interested in UVA. Per E. Gordon Gee from his infamous meeting with the Ohio State Athletic Council on December 5th ... all of a sudden Virginia and Duke, which are very similar institutions to — and North Carolina — which are very similar institutions to the Big Ten, there is a real possibility that we may end up having that kind of T which goes south. And I could see them joining us. And I could see them having a real interest in joining us.”

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Absolutely the B1G was and likely remains interested in UVA. Per E. Gordon Gee from his infamous meeting with the Ohio State Athletic Council on December 5th ... all of a sudden Virginia and Duke, which are very similar institutions to — and North Carolina — which are very similar institutions to the Big Ten, there is a real possibility that we may end up having that kind of T which goes south. And I could see them joining us. And I could see them having a real interest in joining us.”

North Carolina is the prize. The attempt at flipping Virginia was to get UNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom