Too much confidence with Creighton next? | The Boneyard

Too much confidence with Creighton next?

Reaction Score
Business trip just getting started and I think our guys were really lookin forward to a Creighton game in their bracket--revenge game.

Will be a legit test to see how much we've grown in the last month or so.

Our depth and D should help us get the W.

Finish.Finish.Finish

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Look the team has had a tough slog fighting through no fans, games canceled, Bouknight's injury not to mention doing it all while trying to avoid getting sick. They unloaded on DePaul with a little too much French pastry in my view but it's understandable.
They were confident against Villanova and in my view got schooled in highly disciplined, complete team play in all phases of the game. They lost two to Creighton that should have been one but it is what it is.
Over confidence......how and why?? They actually need to beat Creighton to erase one of the disappointments of the year and set them straight on who the next top dog is (pun intended) in the Big East.
I don't know if they are over confident. They may just have the perfect amount of confidence just short of arrogance. If it is over confidence that would be a mistake.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Yes I'm confident the team really wants to get revenge, and will do everything to defeat Creighton and move onto Saturday. This of course assumes Bouk can play his usual minutes.

Creighton is the type of team UConn could face in the 2nd round of the tournament.

As Whaley said, "We want to win every game we play".

Reaction Score
We've looked awesome in handily beating inferior teams (side bar: how much of a breath of fresh air is it to be blowing teams out by 20-30 points with the game over by halftime, instead of playing down to the opponent and struggling to win by 10).

But Creighton is a different beast, and they're also playing well.

This will be a classic, back and forth game, and we're going to have to clean up a few things (dumb fouls far from the hoop, securing defensive rebounds, not going for up fakes)..

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm over confident, but if we play like we played last night and Bouknight contributes, we may beat Creighton by 10-15 tonight. We're playing at the highest level I've seen since then end of 2014 and we know how that turned out. The ball movement on offense has been awesome to watch. Creighton's defense and rebounding is not on par with us, I expect us to lock them up.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I want a Uconn Gtown final so we can beat Patrick in his building ?
Hey, did you know his number is in the rafters? He's reminding everybody every day.

Reaction Score
As well as we've played, we still have very few quality wins over good teams. USC (currently ranked 24/23 is our best resume win.) We should have beaten Creighton the first time, now's our change for payback and a win against a top 20 team.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Confidence is us knowing we're playing consistently around our best basketball every game. If it's not good enough so be it. UConn Fan's know a good team when they see it though.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm over confident, but if we play like we played last night and Bouknight contributes, we may beat Creighton by 10-15 tonight. We're playing at the highest level I've seen since then end of 2014 and we know how that turned out. The ball movement on offense has been awesome to watch. Creighton's defense and rebounding is not on par with us, I expect us to lock them up.
They looked really good against Butler. As much as I'd love a comfortable win, if we are able to pull it out, I expect a very close game throughout.

Reaction Score
I'm interested to see how Cole and others do against that trap Creighton used last night at the top of the key. If we can break it easily should be a lot of open shots. Should be interesting for a game plan for that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Expecting a tough game. I think we are a different team than we were in our prior games. I want to see how Creighton is going to handle Sanogo. Bishop has been a problem for us inside, especially when we were playing 1 big. He's going to have a harder time scoring against two bigs.

Reaction Score
We've looked awesome in handily beating inferior teams (side bar: how much of a breath of fresh air is it to be blowing teams out by 20-30 points with the game over by halftime, instead of playing down to the opponent and struggling to win by 10).

But Creighton is a different beast, and they're also playing well.

This will be a classic, back and forth game, and we're going to have to clean up a few things (dumb fouls far from the hoop, securing defensive rebounds, not going for up fakes)..

Agree so so much with the staying on their feet, can't go for the ball fakes they will be shooting FTs early and often while our guys will be in foul trouble. Love the blocked shots no doubt but you need to know when and when to just stand your ground, hands up and then box out. Creighton will use the ball fake well, need to pick our spots and keep key people on the floor as many minutes as possible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Monster rebounding advantage and a 20/8 assist to turnover ratio. The team played last night with a confidence I haven't seen since 2014. The passing was very dynamic and players moved well without the ball. I wouldn't worry too much about over confidence, as this is a team that felt it got robbed of an opportunity last year and now they are playing for seeding this year, not just to get in.
When the lead player's shooting is off a bit and the team still beats Depaul by 30+, that is a team ready to take on March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom