Too Many Deficiencies- NIT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Too Many Deficiencies- NIT

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Can’t (don’t want to) read this whole thread. It’s not even January.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I get you. What bugs me about this game is that once we seized control, there was no killer instinct. It seemed as if the team was content to play just hard enough to win. I saw no drive to execute with precision on both ends of the court. I saw no killer instinct and I find it disturbing. My desire is to execute every play as well as you can. Always cut hard, always make crisp passes, always take smart shots, always give forceful block outs, always secure the ball.

Maybe I miss JC too much. I cannot celebrate a win with, IMO, minimal effort.
You miss the fantasy version of JC you’ve created.

Or maybe I’m misremembering. The way I remember things there were years we had great proven teams and this forum had a lot of people complaining JC’s teams rarely blew out opponents like Duke, NC, or Kansas.

We went through several years post Dream Season where people complained JC could not recruit a competent big and people labeled JC a donut team coach.

And when he couldn’t get to the final four people were grumbling we might need a different coach to get us there.

People criticized the down years following NCs feeling that they felt shouldn’t happen. People were critical of his handling KFree in his senior season. The Dyson senior season and the Taliek freshman years were perceived quite differently than the glamorous description you wrote.

And his final season was disappointing relative to talent and expectations. We know KO’s player exodus and rightly criticized him for it. There was a lot of criticism when we lost Alex and R. Smith.

Even HOF coaches have years where they struggle with player and team development, struggle to recruit well, and struggle to win it all.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
You miss the fantasy version of JC you’ve created.

Or maybe I’m misremembering. The way I remember things there were years we had great proven teams and this forum had a lot of people complaining JC’s teams rarely blew out opponents like Duke, NC, or Kansas.

We went through several years post Dream Season where people complained JC could not recruit a competent big and people labeled JC a donut team coach.

And when he couldn’t get to the final four people were grumbling we might need a different coach to get us there.

People criticized the down years following NCs feeling that they felt shouldn’t happen. People were critical of his handling KFree in his senior season. The Dyson senior season and the Taliek freshman years were perceived quite differently than the glamorous description you wrote.

And his final season was disappointing relative to talent and expectations. We know KO’s player exodus and rightly criticized him for it. There was a lot of criticism when we lost Alex and R. Smith.

Even HOF coaches have years where they struggle with player and team development, struggle to recruit well, and struggle to win it all.
Excellent post! I am a veritable new comer to the forum and my JC experience was not affected by the BY. Perhaps that is our weakness as a forum. I think being here as made me more critical than necessary. I believe I, for one, need to temper game to game criticisms. It's Cv this game and Al the next. Then Josh can't catch and ... In reflection of your post, it's time for me to dial down and focus on the improvements and enjoy the game.

Reaction Score
We are bubble zone NCAAs and definitely a top 35 team. The challenge is maintaining competitive intensity and consistency night over night.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Uconn defense certainly keep them in a game but can the offense close out those games when it counts?
Not yet proven, and 3 times the answer has been No but could have been Yes. A missing puzzle piece thus far. It's a hump to get over.

Reaction Score
We are bubble zone NCAAs and definitely a top 35 team. The challenge is maintaining competitive intensity and consistency night over night.
There are far more than 35 teams better than us right now. We certainly look to have the potential to improve that, but to call us a definite top 35 at this point is silly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom