Tonites the Nite | The Boneyard

Tonites the Nite

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
A lot of analysis and thoughts on what Geno should do in the threads. Hey we just beat 2 very very good number 1 teams that had really good post players, height and good guards. With that said I am not to concerned. Our defense has been terrific and I expect the same in this game. Our defense will hurt SC and we may not be able to shut down Boston but I believe our defense will slow here down. If everybody else except Boston is suffocated on defense it will be tuff to get a shot off and get Boston the ball. Our defense has shown us that over the past few games. We have very good guards and enough of them to make plays. I expect a low scoring game and if its close at the end I would not bet against Paige.

Since we've been healthy we are a different team. Our defense has been suffocating and we are playing as a team not depending on any one player. Tonite will all be about leadership at the guard positions. It will be about Poise Execution and trusting Genos game plan and Confidence.

UConn will win this one by 5 pts 66-61

Reaction Score
@Tonyc

I have admired your optimism all season long -though it is opposite my nature. But, this one time this season, I want your faith to fail.

I’m growing quite crotchety today an wanna’ tell everybody on both sides to shut up and let it play out on the court - but here I am reading this board.
:confused:

To an injury free game

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love Tony’s posts. They make me feel all…

Excited Lets Go GIF by NCAA Championships

LET’S GO!!!!!

(We are still doomed.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@Tonyc

I have admired your optimism all season long -though it is opposite my nature. But, this one time this season, I want your faith to fail.

I’m growing quite crotchety today an wanna’ tell everybody on both sides to shut up and let it play out on the court - but here I am reading this board.
:confused:

To an injury free game
No worries my friend, we’re doomed, so doomed, so very very very doomed. I’m sure our guys feel blessed just to be on the court with this phenomenal South Carolina team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Neil Young or Rod Stewart?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A lot of analysis and thoughts on what Geno should do in the threads. Hey we just beat 2 very very good number 1 teams that had really good post players, height and good guards. With that said I am not to concerned. Our defense has been terrific and I expect the same in this game. Our defense will hurt SC and we may not be able to shut down Boston but I believe our defense will slow here down. If everybody else except Boston is suffocated on defense it will be tuff to get a shot off and get Boston the ball. Our defense has shown us that over the past few games. We have very good guards and enough of them to make plays. I expect a low scoring game and if its close at the end I would not bet against Paige.

Since we've been healthy we are a different team. Our defense has been suffocating and we are playing as a team not depending on any one player. Tonite will all be about leadership at the guard positions. It will be about Poise Execution and trusting Genos game plan and Confidence.

UConn will win this one by 5 pts 66-61
Paralysis by analysis. :) I think it boils down to UConn playing one of their best defensive games of the year. If you look a the box score from SC's last game, you'll see that the starters did all of the scoring. Dawn got nothing (6 pts) from her bench. ALL of the starters scored in double figures with Boston leading the way with 23. That can't happen tonight.

UConn MUST have that same type of production from its starters. Somebody MUST slow down Boston and keep her at 15 points or less, and no more than 13 rebounds. If she's allowed to run amok and have her way on both ends of the court, it would be disastrous for us. UConn MUST start out fast and not fall behind. Fudd, Williams and Bueckers must be in Rhythm tonight with help from ONO, Edwards and Westbrook.

OUR SHOTS MUST FALL. If not, it can get ugly real fast. Remember 2 years ago when they held us to 2 points in the 1st quarter? The game was over at that point. You can bet SC will come to play. UConn had better come to play also. That 1 point lost to Stanford last year in the semifinal game is still fresh in their minds. They want to avenge that loss. SC will come in confident knowing they have already beaten UConn once this year.

UConn needs to flip that script and show them a different version of this team. Every player for UConn needs to come ready to play and as Geno says....bring something, whatever it is you have, bring it. Players play! This is the BIGGEST game of the year, play like it. Go hard every play, no unforced turnovers, If you get tired, play through it. You'll have the entire spring and summer to rest. Make ALL of your free throws and bunnies. Take no plays off. Lets hoist the trophy at the end of the game. If we were going to be denied, it would have happened already. Let's take what's ours!! We've already shown two #1 seeds the door, let's make it three. Go UConn. Let's do this!! :cool:

Reaction Score
I so love blowouts. You can sit back and enjoy the game without the agita of fearing that we'll lose. The beautiful pass, the crazy bucket, the amazing steal. But I think those days are gone. Not that we won't blow out some opponents but the assumption that 99% of games will be a blowout is toast. Too much parity in WBB.

This will be this season's last game, win or lose. Just in time, too. My heart/stomach/brain can't take this anymore.

Reaction Score
We all know that defense will be a MAJOR factor in this game. Fortunately, UConn is playing the best defense right now.
IMHO shooting will be the determinant element. If the 3's fall we win. Boston for 2-- Fudd for 3, Boston for 2-- Paige for 3, Boston for 2--CW for 3.
UConn beat Stanford--however, Stanford's very poor shooting doomed them. The result today would be similar for UConn.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We have to stop Boston from taking over the game. Let her have another Double/Double game but make it tough to get it.
Rebounding.... She's gonna get her points.

Reaction Score
Rebounding is key; South Carolina had 17 extra shots in the November game due to a 19 - 6 offensive rebounding edge and 5 fewer turnovers than UConn. UConn is a much better rebounding team now, so if they can rebound the way they have in the past 3 games and limit SC 2nd chance and transition opportunities, I think UConn can get the win.

Reaction Score
We come in as the underdogs, which is fine by me. SC is the favorite so more pressure on them. We should able to play loose. If we play the kind of defense we have been playing it will be a tight game. Limit Boston as much as we can. Shut down the rest of SC. Liv and AE have to stay on the floor, get every defensive rebound, no second chances for Boston not get into foul trouble. Paige and Azzi have to light it up tonight. CW has to drive to open up the outside for our shooters. Evina, Nika and Caroline have to be the spark off the bench to neutralize their bench. One game left. Winner take all. Hope we bring it and leave everything on the floor. No regrets. I like our chances. We can do this!

Reaction Score
Don't know who is going to win but I don't think it is going to be the close contest that everyone is expecting. I have a feeling that the MOV is going to be 10+ either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom