Tonight's scrimmage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tonight's scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I just watched part of this on ESPN3, and I think I would enjoy it more without the guys. The women aren't getting much of an opportunity to show their stuff, so I find it disappointing. It was a nice idea, but I don't believe I like it.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
MoJeff looks GREAT! She looks as quick as the guys (OK, they are playing at half-speed, but still).

SOOO excited for this season. As evidenced by the fact that I am staying in on a Friday night to watch a mixed scrimmage. My fiance thinks I'm nuts.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I agree...I wish that they would have done five girls vs five girls and then the guys vs the guys.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really enjoyed that scrimmage - sure the guys were doing most of the shooting, but the assists all went to the women - Stewart had a few nice rebounds against the guys and a great three - MoJef against Boatright was great - he couldn't get around her - but stepped back for the three. And KML with the baby hook (she has been working on that shot) against one of the guys!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And a really good crowd - best I can remember for a long time. And both the men and women seemed to be having a great time - big grins.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Lots of fun for all.

Great atmosphere for basketball.

sTu

Reaction Score
I was at the game and for the question of who is quicker/faster, Mo or Sanyia? There is a question there?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
On ESPNU it showed some of the scrimmage and although the pass didnt make it to its intended target, Chong made a nice entry pass in the post and it was fast.

Cant wait to see her play.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I was there. Just got home.

I thought the coed scrimmage was an inspired idea before they did it and I am convinced now that I saw it. No other school would dare do it and yet UConn (thanks to Geno and Kevin) pulled it off masterfully.

The show itself (from about 7 to 7:30) was beyond fabulous. Rapid fire film clips of UConn men and women highlights and messages like "27 All Americans" and "Eleven National Championships" flashing on the screen. Rebecca and Kara on camera for ESPN and SNY cameras recording for future screening. All before a full house, next door to that massive practice facility under construction.

Then Geno's comment about how to respond to any question about the league (conference) UConn plays in: "We are in a league of our own! We are UConn!"

I will not be at all surprised if Geno closes the deal with A'ja tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I just watched part of this on ESPN3, and I think I would enjoy it more without the guys. The women aren't getting much of an opportunity to show their stuff, so I find it disappointing. It was a nice idea, but I don't believe I like it.
Hey Fightin Choke, I agree! What I've seen on ESPNU so far was the men playing above the rim and giving the girls the crumbs left after their misses! 1st night was super when women were alone! A 30 min. practice, a 20 min. scrimmage, and Geno talked to crowd/answered questions for 10 to 15 mins. tonight I got all the autographs and went home! at 6:50pm!

Reaction Score
...Then Geno's comment about how to respond to any question about the league (conference) UConn plays in: "We are in a league of our own! We are UConn!"...
I believe he said "we are in a league of our own,goddamnit"

Reaction Score
Couldn't get the internet to work so I'm waiting for the huskies to show up on espnu.

Reaction Score
Hey Fightin Choke, I agree! What I've seen on ESPNU so far was the men playing above the rim and giving the girls the crumbs left after their misses! 1st night was super when women were alone! A 30 min. practice, a 20 min. scrimmage, and Geno talked to crowd/answered questions for 10 to 15 mins. tonight I got all the autographs and went home! at 6:50pm!
The girls were being unselfish always passing it off that along with the men and the egos needing to be a highlight on espn didnt help. I see u edited your post, you left at 6:50? Not much of a fan are you even if you live 5 minutes from campus y even bother. You missed some sweet dribbling by whoever that small guard is , u missed quite a few assists too

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I believe he said "we are in a league of our own,goddamnit"

Upon further review, I think it was: "We are in a league of our own! We are UConn, Goddamnit!"

I hope that we will agree that the [expletive included] helped capture the bellicosity Geno intended -- and the crowd just loved it.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Upon further review, I think it was: "We are in a league of our own! We are UConn, Goddamnit!"

I hope that we will agree that the [expletive included] helped capture the bellicosity Geno intended -- and the crowd just loved it.

Kib - Did you catch a glimpse of the new commits and/or Miss Wilson??

From the TV vantage point, the whole atmosphere seemed really impressive in a high-tech, spectacular kind of way...I hope A'ja liked it! I loved the blue glow sticks....great touch.

P.S. I'm not a lover of high-tech for its own sake. I typically like low-key and simple, but I will give credit where I feel it is due. IMHO the First Night festivities are a good time to pull out all the stops.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Atmosphere looks AWESOME in the arena !!!!
Atmosphere was awesome in there. It was really fun and really impressive!!! It was packed to about 95-98% I think.
Regarding the guys vs girls- I think the players- especially the girls had more fun in this format!it really was well done!!!! Great observation!!!
The amount of points, rebounds, assists we have coming back is just ridiculous. I can't believe Stef and Bria are leaving next year...their freshman year was the first year I bought the CPTV online package, so I've watched pretty much every game of their careers.
i'm even more pathetic, went to ever home game big east and thru regionals since their freshman year, and watched every game numerous times on our DVR- numerous times! Magical ride and what transformations in them all!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom