OT: - Tommy Heinsohn Passes Away | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Tommy Heinsohn Passes Away

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
RIP. I actually saw him play maybe the worst game of his career. For you youngsters, the NBA used to have occasional doubleheaders with 4 teams and the one I went to was at the old MSG. The Knicks played in one game and the Celtics in the other. Heinsohn was something like 0 for 14 from the floor and fouled out. He was usually a pretty effective gunner. One of a kind as a broadcaster.

Reaction Score
Damn, huge loss for the Celtics and the NBA. Tommy Heinsohn did it all for Celtics, and lived it all. No one loved the Celtics more then him. I could never picture him watching a Celtics game calmly. RIP

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Rest in Peace, Tommy. There was no color guy like him. He will be missed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
When I was at UConn, Cousy and Heinsohn would do the Celtics games. I would have needed subtitles to understand them. It certainly seemed like Heinsohn was drinking on the air, but that might have just been his personality. Very entertaining regardless.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
When I was at UConn, Cousy and Heinsohn would do the Celtics games. I would have needed subtitles to understand them. It certainly seemed like Heinsohn was drinking on the air, but that might have just been his personality. Very entertaining regardless.
I had a friend who was a Celtic fan and when they used to play 4 games a year in Hartford he got tickets for as close to the Celtic bench as could for the primary reason of the entertainment of watching Heinsohn explode on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
I don't know the year, it must have been 1979 or 1980, but I got a ride from Tommy Heinsohn when I was hitchhiking around campus one night. He had been to a game to look at someone from UConn- not sure who, but he stopped because he was lost and didn't know how to get back to the highway. I recognized him & had short conversation, then I got out & sent him on his way down 195.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They were good together. Tommy wasn't as bad on play-by-play as you might have thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom