Tom Moore Expected To Return To UConn As Part Of Dan Hurley's Staff | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tom Moore Expected To Return To UConn As Part Of Dan Hurley's Staff

Reaction Score
I thought we’d keep Chill as an assistant with the same salary and then pay Moore an Associate Head Coach size salary too. Hurley’s huge salary might kill our chances of doing that. No question, that’s a sure thing staff to bring in national championship talent. If there is a way to do it, we can’t miss the chance.

Reaction Score
Calhoun kept Howie when he came in.
Yes, but Howie had been in Storrs longer than a single season. Additionally, NCAA "just cause" considerations did not exist with Perno; just inadequate recruiting, shaky coaching, and a resulting poor record. As TheFunster suggests above, perhaps there's a full-scale house cleaning now and fresh start.

Reaction Score
Easy solution. Moore comes in as Associate Head Coach and Chill stays on as Associate to the Head Coach.
assistant-to-the-regional-manager.jpg

Reaction Score
Bring in a RIP Hamilton, Rudy Gay and keep Ricky Moore. That would help with player interest.

Reaction Score
Tom Moore is a Uconn guy for life regardless of where he's been or who he's coached. I was lucky enough to meet him last year around this time in Dog Lane over in Storrs Center, he was sitting down to have lunch with Dee Rowe and told me how happy it made him to be back on campus just as a visitor. We're happy to have you back coach!
From my interaction with Tom Moore when he was at UConn I can tell you he is a top notch guy. He went above and beyond many times to be nice to me when he didn't have to. He is as down to earth as anyone in that type of position.

Reaction Score
Its up to Chillious to convince Hurley during his 'job' interview to keep him on. He's got to sell himself with all his experience and qualifications. Same stuff we all go through.

Lets just hope he can close Hurley when they meet as good as he can close recruits. Its mainly on him (and of course Hurley). Of course that's if he really wants to stay after his position (e.g. role, title, salary, etc.) he will be interviewing for is defined.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like Ricky on the recruiting trail

I really think that the more inexperienced guys like Ricky need to move around and learn from multiple different coaches. We did a them and ourselves disservice for a long time by loading our bench with ex players.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bring in a RIP Hamilton, Rudy Gay and keep Ricky Moore. That would help with player interest.

I'd really like to see us stop being a job factory for ex players. Let them go learn how to coach somewhere else, and if they prove their worth, then maybe we hire them. I'm tired of these guys using ex player status to "skip the line" and land jobs that they generally aren't qualified for. And yes, that's exactly what happened with Ollie...both times UConn hired him (as HC and assistant).

Reaction Score
Good points on Ricky. Leitao or Pikiell can bring him in. Pikiell will have an opening after we steal Hobbs back to fill that last spot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley and Moore bring decades of street cred in the northeast corridor. They have the connections to make inroads with HS freshmen and sophomores.
The current way high level high school talent works is they are off to prep schools by the time they are juniors and seniors and every blue blood in America is on them.
Get in early using their connections and have the relationships built by the time they go to NEPSAC schools.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For whatever it is worth...just saw Chillios outside the Werth Center packing up his SUV with boxes, pictures....

That sounds about how it's going to go. c'est la vie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom