OT: - Tom Brady finally retiring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Tom Brady finally retiring

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He's still trying to talk Gisele into one more year

Reaction Score
Who was better in their respective sport? Tom Brady or Michael Jordan?

Reaction Score
I think his wife wants to spend more time with him. If she were yours.. What are you gonna do? Know what I'm sayin'?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And apparently kicks the Patriots in the teeth on his way out the door. Good for him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll put down a five spot saying Brady is taking snaps somewhere in the NFL in 2023.

Reaction Score
If you mean $5. you are on.
I'd take that bet too. Why leave Tampa Bay? New Orleans has no coach or QB. Carolina is a disaster, again with no answer at QB. The Falcons with an ancient Matt Ryan are toothless. He's a lock for a division title and positioned for home field advantage the next couple seasons. Not to mention, they are in that spot where a veteran FA looking to make a title run comes on board (think Blount, Corey Dillon for NE) to add depth/weapons.

What other team has no answer at QB in the next 2 years and better weapons and a better situation than Tampa?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And apparently kicks the Patriots in the teeth on his way out the door. Good for him.
I was glad to see it. Kraft threw him to the wolves to protect BB during Deflategate. He clearly hasn't forgiven him.

Reaction Score
On the same note as my comments about Tampa's situation in the division?

If you're McDaniels, why go to the Raiders now?

• They released Ruggs and Damon Arnette has legal issues to deal with - Both 1st rounders.
  • Derek Carr is their QB as of right now. Assuming they don't get Rodgers, are you competing in that division with someone at level of a Carr (or worse)?
  • Herbert in LAC, Mahomes in KC and just play along, Rodgers in Denver for the next 2-3 years? Best case they're in 3rd place and there's NO chance of them winning that division.

My point? Seems to me McDaniels is running from his NE situation rather than running TO a great opportunity. I mean, go to the Jags, get Trevor Lawrence and go against the Titans and the Carson Wentz Colts.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No more Brady in the Super Bowl.
The Patriots stink.

I can finally breathe again.
Right. If not for the Patriots during the Brady era, the Jets would have...still been mediocre at best most years for two decades.

Reaction Score
Right. If not for the Patriots during the Brady era, the Jets would have...still been mediocre at best most years for two decades.
Sure. Even if Belichick had stayed on as head coach there, right?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Sure. Even if Belichick had stayed on as head coach there, right?

The Brady era happened after Belicheck's 10 minute reign as NYJ head coach.

Moot point otherwise:
"One of the not only most defining, but one of the great moments of my career," Belichick said of his resignation. "That combined with Robert (Kraft) giving me the opportunity to come here, I couldn’t have asked for anything more. That wasn’t a good situation for me, and I didn’t want to be part of it, so I wasn’t."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom