Toledo is also out of the 2013 Tournament | The Boneyard

Toledo is also out of the 2013 Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Here's what this proves: That is one really bad writer.

Reaction Score
I can see it now...Toledo's appeal granted due to something along the lines of "Toledo's new second year coach wasn't given the ability to promote a 4 year rolling score that could coply with the standard"

Reaction Score
if anyone cares, Toledo women have a most interesting case before NCAA. Prior to BB season there were 3 seniors on their team, Toledo was at max scholies and Toledo offered 3 schollies to current high school seniors . So every thing was on track. BUT one of the Toledo seniors has an ACL in first game of the season and that player has been granted a medical red shirt for an extra year of eligibility. So the situation is Toledo is (or will be) one OVER the schollie limit. Toledo has asked for a special exception to the schollie limit. The alternative is to cut off one of their scholie offers. Seems to me that Toledo has a strong case but from the NCAA perspective, once they open the door to allowing extra schollies, you know some schools will take advantage.

Reaction Score
if anyone cares, Toledo women have a most interesting case before NCAA. Prior to BB season there were 3 seniors on their team, Toledo was at max scholies and Toledo offered 3 schollies to current high school seniors . So every thing was on track. BUT one of the Toledo seniors has an ACL in first game of the season and that player has been granted a medical red shirt for an extra year of eligibility. So the situation is Toledo is (or will be) one OVER the schollie limit. Toledo has asked for a special exception to the schollie limit. The alternative is to cut off one of their scholie offers. Seems to me that Toledo has a strong case but from the NCAA perspective, once they open the door to allowing extra schollies, you know some schools will take advantage.
1. I don't think toledo is getting their appeal approved either. Under that scenario the NCAA actually does open itself up to serious criticism...right now in the media it si the defender of academics. If it lets todledo in it is on a witch hunt against UCONN.

2. The Toledo women probably won't get their scholarship waiver. I seem to recall this happening somewhere else (hockey I think) where someone actually gave an extra scholarship, apparently through some kind of clerical error . The player was on campus, in class and so forth, the school appealed saying they would provide it out of other resources, but the NCAA not only said no, they docked the school a scholarship the next year to boot.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Toledo issued a statement.

"We have received word that we are ineligible for the 2013 NCAA Tournament. Honestly, we had no idea there even was such a thing as the NCAA Tournament, but if this duck*s with our hopes for a CBI bid, we're gonna go ape s***. Thank you and suck it."

Reaction Score
Holy Toledo!
Not really a punishment. They Haven't been in the NCAAs since 1980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members