Today's Geno Show Wow | The Boneyard

Today's Geno Show Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
He let us in today in so many ways, don't you think? These shows are so delicious to us fans... and there are a lot of coaches that should be taking notes! Points, rebounds.. not so much. Hustle plays on the floor, oh yeah.. Etc. What do you think as most insightful?

Reaction Score
Despite what he says, he must consider the WBCA AA awards meaningful since the names of those players who were first team WBCA honorees are hanging from the ceiling at Gompel.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Loved his comments on Morgan and his interview with her. Thought that was great stuff. I also thought it was interesting when he said there were only a few kids on the team who "liked" practice and liked the hard stuff. I was surprised he did not mention Nurse - he only said Morgan and sometimes Moriah. He also said KML has done really well at practice. I think this is where they miss a gym rat like Kelly Faris, or even Mel Thomas. A kid who completely busted her butt 100% of the time every single day...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Loved his comments on Morgan and his interview with her. Thought that was great stuff. I also thought it was interesting when he said there were only a few kids on the team who "liked" practice and liked the hard stuff. I was surprised he did not mention Nurse - he only said Morgan and sometimes Moriah. He also said KML has done really well at practice. I think this is where they miss a gym rat like Kelly Faris, or even Mel Thomas. A kid who completely busted her butt 100% of the time every single day...
Kids who bust their butts? Sounds like Napheesa Collier to me. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Winning an individual award, "eh, somebody voted". Winning a championship, "you EARNED it".

Sorta like Geno telling the team in early practice this year: (paraphrase) You're not defending last year's Nat'l Championship. No one is taking that trophy away, out of our building. No. We are attacking everyone else to win it this year." That is what he's about. That is what UConn is about. That is why we got our Soph guard commit immediately after the Duke game. Despite Sadie's departure and Saniya's struggles this kid said "Sign me up for this. This is big time. I will be big time."

Reaction Score
When will geno show be rebroadcast. Taped show but post game ran over so I missed last 15 mins of geno show.

Reaction Score
When will geno show be rebroadcast. Taped show but post game ran over so I missed last 15 mins of geno show.
Was posted on an earlier thread today so taking their word for it.

Tomorrow at 12:30 pm and Friday at 6:30

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Winning an individual award, "eh, somebody voted". Winning a championship, "you EARNED it".
Have to disagree with this. Individuals definitely earn their awards. Teams win Championships, not individuals. Stewart earned MOP, twice. Not every great player wins a Championship. Best example, Maya Moore's Senior Year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Have to disagree with this. Individuals definitely earn their awards. Teams win Championships, not individuals. Stewart earned MOP, twice. Not every great player wins a Championship. Best example, Maya Moore's Senior Year.

You are, of course, disagreeing with Geno! May wanna stay indoors for a few days. Just sayin' :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think Maya was that same type player. I never ever remember her taking a play off during a game and it doesn't seem to be her nature to do it in practice either.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I think Kerith does a great job of getting Geno to speak his mind. She obviously does her homework, and he respects her questions by answering with candor. (I also think it's funny when they are trying to crack each other up....who'll break first??)

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
He did say that the media shouldn't make the selections, but the coaches and the players knew who deserved what.
I'm reminded of the MVP awards lost by Ted Williams(Most notably 1941) because he wasn't more cooperative with the media.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Saw a Kerith tweet in which she admitted "my heart was pounding" when she asked Geno "the question" at halftime yesterday. A tribute to her that he answered honestly before heading to the locker room.

Reaction Score
Any link to his radio show/ the existing link on the radio web site does not work

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score
I think Kerith does a great job of getting Geno to speak his mind. She obviously does her homework, and he respects her questions by answering with candor. (I also think it's funny when they are trying to crack each other up....who'll break first??)
I still miss Geno and Meghan, but kudos to Kerith for doing her job well. Frontier (U-Verse) still shows it as Meghan (not Kerith) in the program description (but it's better than the ones where they show it as being about the coach of the University of Washington Huskies).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BTW, did anyone notice Geno's comment on playing time at UCONN?

Reaction Score
Saw a Kerith tweet in which she admitted "my heart was pounding" when she asked Geno "the question" at halftime yesterday. A tribute to her that he answered honestly before heading to the locker room.

Can I ask what the question was? I was working and didn't get to watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom