Today's Crowd... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Today's Crowd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nailed it as usual - I thought the crowd was pretty decent size-wise for the situation. Not the most peppy crowd, but then again not the most peppy game either. I too closed my eyes for a while and just enjoyed the warm sun on my face. No harm done. I do worry about the crowd size for Memphis, I think that game might have tumbleweeds blowing through the stands if it's exceptionally cold out and we're still not that great.

I agree. We're at the nadir of our D-1 football program and the place was almost full. That's impressive, not bash-worthy.

Reaction Score
I can't stand fans of the football team who constantly bash who they consider basketball only fans. In their minds you can't root for both teams

You don't root for the FB team. You're never here except to bit** about someone or something. That's a fact.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I can't stand fans of the football team who constantly bash who they consider basketball only fans. In their minds you can't root for both teams

You liked posts on the CR board saying that UConn should downgrade football because the AAC will kill the basketball program.

So, yes, you ARE a basketball only fan. Based on your own statements.

Reaction Score
For heavens sake will posters stop predicating our invite to another conference will be based on how many fans are at the games. Remember the ACC took Pitt and the Big took MD who had terrible fan support, why the ACC took the Cuse is also question. It is all about location and TVs.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You liked posts on the CR board saying that UConn should downgrade football because the AAC will kill the basketball program.

So, yes, you ARE a basketball only fan. Based on your own statements.

Some cases can be extreme, but labeling fans as either football only, mens or womens only is just as frustrating as the in fighting between the fans of the programs to me.

Even though I make a 1 way 4 hour trek each.way.from Brooklyn to the Rent to support this football team for every home game, I found out I was a basketball only fan and shouldn't bother showing up anymore because we don't need fans like me!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
For heavens sake will posters stop predicating our invite to another conference will be based on how many fans are at the games. Remember the ACC took Pitt and the Big took MD who had terrible fan support, why the ACC took the Cuse is also question. It is all about location and TVs.

It won't be solely based on our attendance at games but it absolutely is part of the equation. If CR was solely about location and TVs, we would already be in the B1G or ACC now. We're in a MUCH better location than Pitt and UL. In fact, if you want to roll up NYC, Boston and CT demographics as having UCONN presence, we are probably one of the top located schools in the country!

Sadly, one of the many negative perceptions about UCONN in CR is the fanbase. Justified or not, everyone in the country seems to think that we only brought 2,000 fans (including the band and players' families) to the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago. We also don't sell out our small off-campus stadium regularly which are two more negatives. When you throw in an attendance decline in basketball too, then guess what? "UCONN fans don't care."

While game attendance won't get us an invite, it certainly wouldn't hurt. I'm sure more than a couple of B1G people scouted our Michigan game and saw a great atmosphere. If we can sell out UL and/or RU and then announce a decent crowd for Memphis in a lost season, then it would definitely help the cause to change that negative perception that UCONN fans don't care. Perception is everything in CR.

Reaction Score
Some cases can be extreme, but labeling fans as either football only, mens or womens only is just as frustrating as the in fighting between the fans of the programs to me.

Even though I make a 1 way 4 hour trek each.way.from Brooklyn to the Rent to support this football team for every home game, I found out I was a basketball only fan and shouldn't bother showing up anymore because we don't need fans like me!

I know people who travel a fair distance to the FB games and moan ALL the time. My advice would be to them...stop going. Negative b8tching and moaning only draws other people to do the same.

There are many people on this board who share their displeasure, including me, with the situation we are in. The key is how you do it. Some never learn how because it is their nature to be a Debbie downer. Never be happy and see the bad without ever seeing the good.

The worst thing is they don't know it, or if called on it, will fight to the death to deny it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I know people who travel a fair distance to the FB games and moan ALL the time. My advice would be to them...stop going. Negative b8tching and moaning only draws other people to do the same.

There are many people on this board who share their displeasure, including me, with the situation we are in. The key is how you do it. Some never learn how because it is their nature to be a Debbie downer. Never be happy and see the bad without ever seeing the good.

The worst thing is they don't know it, or if called on it, will fight to the death to deny it.

I'll be honest with you, you'll never confuse me with UConnDan97 on the optimism scale on the Boneyard, but I think you are severely misjudging my general disposition towards UConn football based on our exchange last night.

I have over 2k posts on this site and most are pretty well reasoned and lean towards the bright side of things more so than not. I stand by what I said last night about Boyle and the staff. The kid looks likes he has the skills to be good and that's going to be what I try to focus on the rest of the season, but he wasn't good yesterday. I went over the top with my eternal damnation or temple bus trip comments, but overall I think my points were reasonable.

Going forward I want to move on to Cinci and would like to extend a Boneyard olive branch towards you as you're obviously a good fan and poster on here. How about it?

Reaction Score
Going forward I want to move on to Cinci and would like to extend a Boneyard olive branch towards you as you're obviously a good fan and poster on here. How about it?

Awww... Husky Hugs after a tough loss.

husky_hug__by_emogal94-d4wdhti.jpg

Reaction Score

Which way do you head up to Rentschler? Best way (least amount of traffic barring no accidents) from Westchester is Hutch to Merrit to 91..take RT 3/Charter Oak Bridge to Rt 2. 1.5 hrs from Port Chester...that should put you at about 2-2:15 hrs from Brooklyn.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Which way do you head up to Rentschler? Best way (least amount of traffic barring no accidents) from Westchester is Hutch to Merrit to 91..take RT 3/Charter Oak Bridge to Rt 2. 1.5 hrs from Port Chester...that should put you at about 2-2:15 hrs from Brooklyn.

Thanks FDNY. I failed to mention that I don't have my car anymore that I'm in the city.

So, I have to get to take a subway to Atlantic Ave/Barclays, then transfer to the 4/5 to get to Grand Central. From there I take the metro north to New Haven where luckily I have friends who can pick me up and go to the Rent. If not, I have to take the shoreline East to another buddy and go from there to the Rent.

It's pretty time consuming and expensive (the travel is twice as much as my seats) but I love the program and want to continue to support it even at our lowest point. That's why it's still worth it to me.

Reaction Score
Thanks FDNY. I failed to mention that I don't have my car anymore that I'm in the city.

So, I have to get to take a subway to Atlantic Ave/Barclays, then transfer to the 4/5 to get to Grand Central. From there I take the metro north to New Haven where luckily I have friends who can pick me up and go to the Rent. If not, I have to take the shoreline East to another buddy and go from there to the Rent.

It's pretty time consuming and expensive (the travel is twice as much as my seats) but I love the program and want to continue to support it even at our lowest point. That's why it's still worth it to me.

I'm impressed ConnHuskBask. That's a hell of an effort to watch what we've been watching. I live in Eastern CT and the first traffic is the light at Forbes and Silver Lane in East hartford. What are you doing for L-Ville? The 8:30 start should help but Friday travel is always a nightmare in Central CT roadways.

Reaction Score

GREAT JOB!!!!! That is an awesome attitude! Not an easy trip by anymeans...you won't get anymore flack from here from me. Nice to know another hardcore fan!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm impressed ConnHuskBask. That's a hell of an effort to watch what we've been watching. I live in Eastern CT and the first traffic is the light at Forbes and Silver Lane in East hartford. What are you doing for L-Ville? The 8:30 start should help but Friday travel is always a nightmare in Central CT roadways.

I actually took the day off from work when the schedule first came out. It'll probably end up being the easiest game for me to attend haha.

Reaction Score
I'll be honest with you, you'll never confuse me with UConnDan97 on the optimism scale on the Boneyard, but I think you are severely misjudging my general disposition towards UConn football based on our exchange last night.

I have over 2k posts on this site and most are pretty well reasoned and lean towards the bright side of things more so than not. I stand by what I said last night about Boyle and the staff. The kid looks likes he has the skills to be good and that's going to be what I try to focus on the rest of the season, but he wasn't good yesterday. I went over the top with my eternal damnation or temple bus trip comments, but overall I think my points were reasonable.

I'm game. I can be a little over the top myself. As far as UConnDan97, he took my course and was my ace student. :cool:

I know many BB fans are angry with the way the FB program has regressed and I'm seen plenty of posts that wish FB would go away. You included. But I also know that deep down you are a fan of all UConn athletics so let's just move on to a new day.

Funny thing. I've been a BB fan since the Corny Thompson days and went full blast once JC showed up. I've always watched the games and lived and died by them...until FB upgraded. I still watched all the games but it was nothing like what I experienced with FB.

Now that JC is gone and KO has taken over I've been glued to every recruiting story there is. Last year was amazing and I think this year is going to be special. PP has caused me to come back to the BB side and now that he's gone I get to be crazy over both programs.

I used to follow the BB threads during games but I couldn't take the posters, who when we were down by 5 in the first half, gave up on the season and each player was terrible. That happens over here to. Drives me crazy.

Reaction Score

Stop going, yeah that will help. Seriously, do you want only the 59 people in the entire world who think, talk and dress like you to go to the game? Good, maybe people like you should stay home

Reaction Score

ConnHuskBask check your pm inbox

Reaction Score
Stop going, yeah that will help. Seriously, do you want only the 59 people in the entire world who think, talk and dress like you to go to the game? Good, maybe people like you should stay home

Here's proof you drink too much. I posted, in another thread, about people complaining too much and that much more growing pain was too come this year and next. I also said if you didn't like it to go the duckk away and get the duckk out. It was aimed at people like you.

You frickin gave me a like. You're truly clueless.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Don't they have zipcar in NYC? Seems like it would be a lot easier than going thru the different transfers.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm game. I can be a little over the top myself. As far as UConnDan97, he took my course and was my ace student. :cool:

I know many BB fans are angry with the way the FB program has regressed and I'm seen plenty of posts that wish FB would go away. You included. But I also know that deep down you are a fan of all UConn athletics so let's just move on to a new day.

Funny thing. I've been a BB fan since the Corny Thompson days and went full blast once JC showed up. I've always watched the games and lived and died by them...until FB upgraded. I still watched all the games but it was nothing like what I experienced with FB.

Now that JC is gone and KO has taken over I've been glued to every recruiting story there is. Last year was amazing and I think this year is going to be special. PP has caused me to come back to the BB side and now that he's gone I get to be crazy over both programs.

I used to follow the BB threads during games but I couldn't take the posters, who when we were down by 5 in the first half, gave up on the season and each player was terrible. That happens over here to. Drives me crazy.

All fair points and I respect your opinions and passion. One thing is that I said in jest about shutting down the football program last night. Let's be honest here, I love it too much and more importantly if UConn football ceased to exist, what the hell would I do with my time haha!

As FDNY, JimmySerano and you have pointed out to me, we really just need to try and stay positive as tough as things may get. I still stand by my points, but as I've admitted, I've come axross poorly last night (and I'm sure other times in the past).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Don't they have zipcar in NYC? Seems like it would be a lot easier than going thru the different transfers.

Good call CA, I know zip car does operate in NYC. I'll have to look into it and price it out and basically weigh out the pros and cons.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
CHB, that's a hell of a commitment. Nice job.

Reaction Score
Some people don't give a sh it about football but enjoy a nice day in the sunshine with friends and family. Such is life.

They are fully entitled to that. They are also more than welcome to wear the Maize colored jacket to the UCONN vs. Michigan game as well. SMH.

Actually, I did make mention of the guys color choice during the Michigan. I said, of all games you decided to break out the yellow jacket, huh? He replied that it was his only rainproof coat. When he arrived to the USF game he made it a point to tell me that he wasn't wearing green. I replied by telling him to make sure that the bright red jacket he was wearing stayed home for the Louisville and Rutgers games.

In all actuality, I really do not believe that what people wear makes a damn bit of difference as far as conference realignment is considered, as some proclaim. It is certainly a sign of the casual fan. The last tailgating commercial I saw depicting die hard fans didn't show a 49ers fan wearing a blue jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom