Today's Crowd... | The Boneyard

Today's Crowd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awful. Too drunk. No energy. Got 3 beers dropped on me in 3 minutes in the Young Alumni section. If you're gonna be belligerently wasted keep it on the runway. I know it's hard to stay into it when it's two teams punting to each other for half the game but I'd rather have 25k actual fans than 40k people treating the Rent like happy hour.

Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was fine. Late arrivals as usual. It's hard to get up for this , but that isn't the fans fault. It's the product.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was fine too. Thought it was absolutely ridiculous when the stadium was emptying out with a tie game and 9 minutes to go.

Your second statement is exactly why I can't agree with your first statement.

The crowd wasn't all that good today. Late to fill in (to see a new coach and a new QB?!?), early to leave, hard to motivate to make noise unless it was a third down. My section was seemingly anemic, and I saw multiple people reading books like it was a friggin' library. It's days like this that make it tough for a die hard like me, to be honest. I know the casual fan looks at an 0-4 (now 0-5) team differently than I do, and with a lot less passion. But there was plenty to root for today...

Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was fine too. Thought it was absolutely ridiculous when the stadium was emptying out with a tie game and 9 minutes to go.

The Tampa Bay media noticed it as well:

TBTimes_Bulls
3:27pm via Web
Durden fair catches at own 40. 3:31 to go. They're streaming out of Rentschler Field. Sheez, still lots of time

Reaction Score
The people next to me left in the third quarter. They left early for the Michigan game. Oh, and she sleeps...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381617697969.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381617697969.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 117
Reaction Score
The Tampa Bay media noticed it as well:

TBTimes_Bulls
3:27pm via Web
Durden fair catches at own 40. 3:31 to go. They're streaming out of Rentschler Field. Sheez, still lots of time

More people leave UConn games early than go to USF games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Um.. For the level of play on the field the size of the crowd was ridiculous. That was distasteful for a Tuesday might MAC game.

Reaction Score
Put a better product on the field and I'll forgo another beer while tailgating on a beautiful day and get into the game sooner.

Reaction Score
The crowd was not really with it after the first half, IMO. Can't blame them after the deflating drops (on offense and defense) In the 4th it was weak. The later than usual crowd was delayed by road race and major accident (tractor trailer) at the E 84/91 juncture.

The students get a D as far as I'm concerned. Energy seemed flat (from what I'm used to hearing) and the 4th quarter exodus by them didn't impress me.

Reaction Score
The diehards on the board care way too much what the casual fan does at games. Many just don't follow or understand the game like people here do. A woman behind me was asking why a punt that landed around the 20, wasn't a touch back. I'm thankful that we have enough casual fans there that the place isn't 3/4 empty most of the time. Wait till the Memphis game. We maybe schedule for everyone on the boneyard to meet in one of the sections.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seriously people should do a way better job of being passionate when watching the 105th best team in the country lose at home to the 106th best. And those numbers exclude the 10 FCS teams better than both of them.

That was an awful game played by awful teams. You want to blame people for not being into it? It's supposed to be entertaining - not an obligation.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Good size crowd but the energy was to be expected for a Noon start between 0-4 and 1-4 teams that were having a punting battle. Honestly, I was getting a bit dopey from my seat in that second half. It was homecoming so alot of casuals there were catching up with long lost friends. Honestly, I don't care as long as the bigger crowds help us report increased attendance figures to Jim Delaney's office in a winless season.

Reaction Score
Seriously people should do a way better job of being passionate when watching the 105th best team in the country lose at home to the 106th best. And those numbers exclude the 10 FCS teams better than both of them.

That was an awful game played by awful teams. You want to blame people for not being into it? It's supposed to be entertaining - not an obligation.

It was one one the worst sporting events that I can remember going to. Today's game was not a week played game by either team. It was a pillow fight.

I will support my team and will be there for the remainder of the games. I'll watch all of the, on tv as well. I like pain I guess.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Simply put: today sucked.

At least my beers were cold.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Casual fans weren't into two of the worst teams in America going at it in a snore fest?! Damnit I better complain about this on the internet!

Fact is our program sucks, our conference sucks and if the casual fan can't get into it, it's tough to really blame them.

Reaction Score
Casual fans weren't into two of the worst teams in America going at it in a snore fest?! Damnit I better complain about this on the internet!

Fact is our program sucks, our conference sucks and if the casual fan can't get into it, it's tough to really blame them.

With fans like you, who needs the casual fan. You make freescooter fun to be around. Have fun in Brooklyn on Nov 8th.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
With fans like you, who needs the casual fan. You make freescooter fun to be around. Have fun in Brooklyn on Nov 8th.

K, noted. The Rent should be reserved for you and you only.

Got it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The crowd was fine. It's the posters that are the problem.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The crowd was fine. It's the posters that are the problem.

Says the guy who wanted to shut the program down.

This place has become a looney bin....maybe that's the sign that I belong...:(

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Says the guy who wanted to shut the program down.

This place has become a looney bin....maybe that's the sign that I belong...:(

We are 0-5 and there are not too many possible "W's" left on the schedule. It is possible that the program has already been shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom