Today is National Signing Day (Ice Brady - Ayanna Patterson) | The Boneyard

Today is National Signing Day (Ice Brady - Ayanna Patterson)

Reaction Score
My uneducated guess is that one of these two may very well start next year, with Ono and Dorka almost certainly graduating.

A way-too-early guess for starters next year are Paige, Azzi, Leah, and Caroline Ducharme. That leaves one spot open, probably a big. We shall see. A plethora of riches, as they say.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
My uneducated guess is that one of these two may very well start next year, with Ono and Dorka almost certainly graduating.

A way-too-early guess for starters next year are Paige, Azzi, Leah, and Caroline Ducharme. That leaves one spot open, probably a big. We shall see. A plethora of riches, as they say.
Amari?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I read that as "singing day". I thought cool, we got 2 recruits who can sing.

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I wonder if Ayanna's primary contributions in her frosh year might be on the defensive end.
Her length/quickness and hops have been mentioned as [perhaps] enabling her to guard
all 5 positions. I'm think in the main what an asset she might be in handling quick/penetrating guards.
I bet both Ayanna and Ice earn significant minutes...especially if Dorka leaves [hope NOT!].
Ice seems to have a versatile offensive game...Ayanna can help on that end but her shut-down abilities may catch Geno's eye if some opponent dare starts to go off on us.

Reaction Score
Brady has the complete offensive package out to the three point line and is a good passer too..........Patterson's offensive game appears to be a work in progress but her ridiculous athletic ability will enable her to be a force on the boards at both ends of the court.....

Reaction Score
For anyone who has not seen Boston play this year, she has lost 20+ pounds and is quicker and more agile than in the past. Against Top 5 N Carolina State and their All American center, Boston dominated on defense and did not get winded. With several strong backups, she appeared in top condition through out. There are few current college players I would compare her to - no high school players.

Reaction Score
This is the 3rd or 4th time one of us has asserted Dorka has said she will stay 2 years. What she said was she intended to stay 2 years, BUT would take it a year at a time.
Uh, ok…..so she intended to stay two years but her intent was to take it one year at a time; I guess I will have my lawyer review my posts from here on out. Or at least ask you to proofread them first.

Reaction Score
Uh, ok…..so she intended to stay two years but her intent was to take it one year at a time; I guess I will have my lawyer review my posts from here on out. Or at least ask you to proofread them first.
That would be helpful

Reaction Score
Come on.... Boston is only a consensus first-team All-American and Patterson has just started her senior year in high school, piece of cake:rolleyes:. I wonder sometimes what kind of stuff people are smoking.
Well maybe the post about Patterson holding down Boston is a bit aspirational, but if you have ever seen Patterson in action, she is phenomenal. And I realize that I'm in the minority, but I don't happen to believe that Boston is an elite post--she is good for sure, but I haven't seen elite play out of her. Now that she's slimmed down and apparently improved her conditioning, perhaps the elite play in her will arise, but I thought Liv at least defensively, matched up respectfully against Boston. Now that we have offensive versatility in our front line and better outside shooting, we'll see whether Boston can continue to camp down in the lane and stay in her comfort zone...

Reaction Score
Well maybe the post about Patterson holding down Boston is a bit aspirational, but if you have ever seen Patterson in action, she is phenomenal. And I realize that I'm in the minority, but I don't happen to believe that Boston is an elite post--she is good for sure, but I haven't seen elite play out of her. Now that she's slimmed down and apparently improved her conditioning, perhaps the elite play in her will arise, but I thought Liv at least defensively, matched up respectfully against Boston. Now that we have offensive versatility in our front line and better outside shooting, we'll see whether Boston can continue to camp down in the lane and stay in her comfort zone...
Truer words were never spoken! While she is a good player and may well become an elite one, she certainly has not warranted the almost constant promotion by ESPN as such. She averages 13 and 10 which is solid, but not imo grounds for the breathless awe with which ESPN routinely seems to refer to her. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved to have her at UConn! I just think, based on her career so far, she is clearly overrated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom