Today I heard the ECU fb coach talk about college football | The Boneyard

Today I heard the ECU fb coach talk about college football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He talked how ECU's team was loaded and he was looking forward to his CUSA schedule and OOC games: VT, UNC, NC State.

When the radio host said what about next year and the AAC the coach said there's a lot of stuff still happening regarding CR and ECU is committed to being included. He did not say a thing about the AAC. Very interesting.

I know no one here is happy with our situation, but it was interesting to hear ECU not make any comment on it at all. Now I do not think the ECU fb coach knows anything way inside, but he is pretty tight with the other NC schools, has been around for awhile, and perhaps his "lack of any AAC comments" reflects a belief held by many involved in CFB in NC. Maybe the AAC gets blown up after 1 year, that HAS to be good news for us.

Reaction Score
Depending on how much you believe the rumors ECU is tagged as a reasonable expansion candidate for either the Big 12 or SEC (at least by the message board fan bases). He could be a believer in that school of thought, I suppose.

Reaction Score
Depending on how much you believe the rumors ECU is tagged as a reasonable expansion candidate for either the Big 12 or SEC (at least by the message board fan bases). He could be a believer in that school of thought, I suppose.

ECU would certainly get either league into NC, but, if either of those leagues wanted a NC school, it'd be either Carolina, or, State. They have a very loyal and supportive fanbase, but, they'd never bring the eyeballs to those leagues that their two more well-known brethren would. JMHO.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He thinks ECU is loaded so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
He talked how ECU's team was loaded and he was looking forward to his CUSA schedule and OOC games: VT, UNC, NC State.

When the radio host said what about next year and the AAC the coach said there's a lot of stuff still happening regarding CR and ECU is committed to being included. He did not say a thing about the AAC. Very interesting.

I know no one here is happy with our situation, but it was interesting to hear ECU not make any comment on it at all. Now I do not think the ECU fb coach knows anything way inside, but he is pretty tight with the other NC schools, has been around for awhile, and perhaps his "lack of any AAC comments" reflects a belief held by many involved in CFB in NC. Maybe the AAC gets blown up after 1 year, that HAS to be good news for us.

Dave Brandon, Michigan AD, weighed in again on expansion.
Here is the part of the article dealing with expansion.
It relates to your post about "there's a lot of stuff still happening regarding CR".
He reiterates his perspective that further expansion will happen and that various conferences are exploring it.

http://btn.com/2013/08/21/web-links-another-u-m-injury-alvarez-vs-bielema-more/
Link to original article via BTN
The Big Ten welcomes Rutgers and Maryland next season. While the conference seems set for now, other conferences continue to explore their options. That could result in further expansion for the Big Ten and its 14 teams. "There's always going to be buzz, and yes, I do anticipate further expansion," Brandon said. "Various conferences are exploring it, but specific to the Big Ten, I think we're pretty comfortable where we are right now. We're still digesting the addition of two programs that haven't even started out yet. We're pretty busy assimilating two very large institutions in getting all the scheduling and both athletic and academic collaborations built. "I don't know of any discussions taking place that pertain specially to the Big Ten, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were other discussions taking place with other conferences and schools. I personally believe you're going to see more consolidation in the future."

Reaction Score
The Big 12, at 10, will probably be under pressure to expand.

Reaction Score
With the new super division coming next year regardless of CR Conference like the AAC and MW will Morph into those that want to pay and play and those that don't.

Reaction Score
ECU would certainly get either league into NC, but, if either of those leagues wanted a NC school, it'd be either Carolina, or, State. They have a very loyal and supportive fanbase, but, they'd never bring the eyeballs to those leagues that their two more well-known brethren would. JMHO.

The running assumption would be that those schools are off the table due to the GoR, of course.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Any time you can grab the fifth-best team in North Carolina, you have to do it.

Reaction Score
Any time you can grab the fifth-best team in North Carolina, you have to do it.

5th? They might be 6th.

The big draw is their metropolis. Less than 2 hours to the nearest airport!

Reaction Score
I love those rabid ECU fans...they can put 55,000 in the seats.

When they beat 10 win VT and 9 win WVU in 2008, I thought that they might be on their way.

I hope that they have some success.

Reaction Score
I happen to think they deserve more credit than they get and have enough promise as a FB school to be at least the #3 school in NC !?!I think ECU has great growth potential with there growing WVU-like fanbase!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I love those rabid ECU fans...they can put 55,000 in the seats.

When they beat 10 win VT and 9 win WVU in 2008, I thought that they might be on their way.

I hope that they have some success.

I wish 0 success on anyone in the AAC not named UConn. The days of conference pride are over in CT, it's a scorched-earth policy going forward.

Reaction Score

Somebody has a prescription for medical marijuana. ECU in the SEC? Ha, ha, ha, ha.....!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The day I give a f* about what the ECU football coach has to say is the day I stop following college sports.

Exactly.

They're a reduced-calorie version of West Virginia.

I accept that they exist in this world and that they actually have a nice little thing carved out for themselves...but I never want to hear from them or see them or be reminded that we're associated with them. We built a mansion in what used to be a nice neighborhood - East Carolina is one of the five or six Winnebagos now parked in our driveway.

Reaction Score
Fishy - You are missing the point. ECU isn't bragging about its new rich friend (UConn), rather its implying that they realize the AAC isn't going to be around in the near future.

Reaction Score
Fishy - You are missing the point. ECU isn't bragging about its new rich friend (UConn), rather its implying that they realize the AAC isn't going to be around in the near future.
I agree and outside of you guys no one has been given less respect for carving a "niche" for themselves with good fans and hard work! I see no disrespect to UConn in what their saying and they have the same high hopes for their future.I think people will be surprised how talented and competitive they'll be !!

Reaction Score
The Big 12, at 10, will probably be under pressure to expand.

If they're forced to just go to 12, then, BYU, Colorado State, and, Cincinnati will be their most likely targets, IMHO.

Reaction Score
The running assumption would be that those schools are off the table due to the GoR, of course.

Yes sir, that is true. But, would the SEC go that far, just to get into the NC market? I wouldn't believe so, but, you never know. Seeing as how all of CR has played tells us nothing is for certain.

Reaction Score
Yes sir, that is true. But, would the SEC go that far, just to get into the NC market? I wouldn't believe so, but, you never know. Seeing as how all of CR has played tells us nothing is for certain.

Probably not, I agree. It's less far-fetched that some of the rumors being thrown about though.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Just so I am clear: we are talking about the same ECU that the Big East wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole being a target of the SEC?

Reaction Score
Just so I am clear: we are talking about the same ECU that the Big East wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole being a target of the SEC?

ECU gets the SEC a foothold in the #9 most populous state. Not that I believe the SEC would extend an invite....

I never thought that the Big Ten would take Rutgers, that the WAC would collapse (one year ago this week). Times and situations change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom