Today’s practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Today’s practice

Reaction Score
And Azzi is still rounding into form after three weeks of practice and 5 games. You don't come off of 6 months in the training room and play like you best games.
Six months? If you discount the couple of games she played in January, I believe she was out less than 3 months.

Reaction Score
If she were guaranteed to win the championship, I think she might play but since that’s impossible, the real answer is, no way would/should she give up a year’s eligibility for one or two competitive games. I sure wish she could play though!:(
This is a wonderful "Thought Palace" experiment. A video game series should be launched around it.

PB's NIL would go up even more off scale high!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Only if she said definitively that she's not planning on sticking around for that extra year of eligibility. But there's no point even getting into these hypotheticals because she's not going to be cleared to practice let alone play in the next ten days.
I’ve read all of the answers to “good time” Charliebball’s hypothetical query. The consensus is a resounding no. But consider this. Paige has 3 more years of eligibility left beginning next season.

The question here is will she use all 3 of those years? If she plans on using all 3 years, no. But what if she doesn't? Something to think about.

Reaction Score
a purely philosophical question..........if Paige was cleared to play and UConn reached the semifinals........would you consider playing her in the last two games if she was going to be the difference between winning and losing but knowing that she would lose a year of eligibility?
Hell NO, not something to even think of. Full rehabilitation is what should be afforded to Paige. That with the camaraderie of the team and her ability to see and realize the future. There has been no talk of her in practice or able to do so other than light things.
Year of eligibility is something dear to us home town fans but meaningless in the big picture that of Paige.
She has carte blanche in my book to decide her future.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
a purely philosophical question..........if Paige was cleared to play and UConn reached the semifinals........would you consider playing her in the last two games if she was going to be the difference between winning and losing but knowing that she would lose a year of eligibility?
Let's hope not, can you imagine the "who starts" thread if Bueckers was included, now????

Reaction Score
I’ve read all of the answers to “good time” Charliebball’s hypothetical query. The consensus is a resounding no. But consider this. Paige has 3 more years of eligibility left beginning next season.

The question here is will she use all 3 of those years? If she plans on using all 3 years, no. But what if she doesn't? Something to think about.
yes that was part of the reason I asked the philosophical question in the first place...........the odds of her staying for another three years are not all that great........I figure two years max.........

Reaction Score
yes that was part of the reason I asked the philosophical question in the first place...........the odds of her staying for another three years are not all that great........I figure two years max.........
If she plays two more years she will be 23 in the WNBA that seems pretty older than most

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Absolutely not. With very little to no practice and no recent game experience under her, she would be going up against players who'd played all/most of their seasons and so are much prepared than she could be. And she'd be playing with her teammates who have developed their own chemistry/teamwork without her. Even without those factors, there would be no guarantee of her making that difference, and it would eliminate one of her future options in the form of another whole season of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Todays game will be hard. But for fun…… YES!, if it was something she wanted to do. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us. Not even talking basketball.

Reaction Score
No!

Reaction Score
No...too risky and not enough time to significantly contribute. Remember how many games it took her last year to get up to game speed. Not worth it.

Reaction Score
Don't know about you but luckily, I have an uncanny ability to focus on more than one thought at a time.........
I don’t need to answer for another poster but since I agree with the reply; I too am able to think of more than one thing at a time, hence my opinion of your “hypothetical”, IMO completely unnecessary. By my unofficial count it is about the 6,248 post that in some way shape or form laments the fact that the young lady got hurt and “boy if she had only been available”. It certainly is a shame that happened to her again but no one ever said life was fair.
But the fact is this team would not be “this team” if she didn’t get hurt and off the top of my head, arguably the 3 top stories when summarizing the season, IMO, namely the stepping up of Muhl, Senechal and Edwards would all be much different to say the least.

Reaction Score
Absolutely! Paige isn't sticking around for an extra year no matter what she does the next two weeks. I think UCONN is lucky she is coming back next year. If her health wasn't at risk and they were guaranteed a Championship why would anyone pass that up? Only thing is it might sting a couple of the current contributors.

Reaction Score
Yes, because next year is her COVid year and she won’t be in Storrs after next year.

Reaction Score
I doubt Paige would play here two more years. If she wanted to play, I'd play her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom