OT: - Toasters | The Boneyard

OT: Toasters

Reaction Score
Toast remind me of toaster ovens which remind me of a microwave. Speaking of Vinnie Johnson I don’t think those Pistons teams will be favorably compared to the Celtics and Laker teams of the same era.

Something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I never make toast, but when we go out to breakfast, I do enjoy some toast.

It’s not like it’s hard to make, but I just do not enjoy home toast as much as diner toast. The only thing I can take from that is that even the minimal effort needed to make my own toast outweighs the enjoyment I receive from toast.

So I guess I like toast, but I don’t like it that much.

Now, I expect 22 people to expound on the virtues of some artisanal toast made only at one diner somewhere in New Haven.

To those people I say no! Your toast is not special. There is only one way to make toast. It is even easier than lobster rolls and a two-year old could make a perfect lobster roll if you left them in a room with just a lobster, a roll and a some butter.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Love me a four slice toaster with separate settings for bagels and for frozen breaded items.

My two teenage kids can knock out a loaf of bread in a day or two if left to their own judgement.

I'm pretty versatile with what I put in the toaster. Pretty much anything without flax seed or chia is fair game.

Put me down for some room temp salted butter (Land Of Lakes preferably) and a topping.

I get real picky about my jams, jellies and preserves- Strawberry is number 1 by a large margin. Can't stand Concord grape. Some all natural chunky PB is a good topping as is Nutella.

Like moston this board I've lost 2-3 homes from electrical fires due to electrical shorts or bread crumbs stuck in the heating element. Also, like most, a few ER trips due to fishing out gunk while toaster is plugged in. Lessons learned, toaster stays unplugged until used and then is immediately unplugged. Until recently.

Needless to say, linking toaster usage to Alexa has been a godsend. I put bread in toaster at night before bed. When Alexa wakes me up with her soothing voice I can command her to start the toaster.

Really cool to come out of bed room and have coffee and toast awaiting without the drawback of seeing your spouse at kitchen table in their bed time apearral wanting a medal for making breakfast.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I own a Cuisinart toaster oven which is versatile enough to do everything a pop-up toaster can do, and also reheat slices of leftover New Haven pizza.

In seven hours, I'm meeting an insurance agent at a Greek diner in New Haven. I will look on the menu to see if it's the one with the artisinal toast.

Yesterday, I called a college friend I hadn't spoken to in 18 years to tell him that one of our suitemates had a non-malignant brain tumor removed seven months ago and has lost the ability to remember the night when the guy I called ordered "French toast and a side order of toast" at Jay's Diner in Rochester.

As to Land o Lakes butter, the last I knew, the company refuses to answer whether it uses milk from cows that have been treated with bovine growth hormone, but I think you might still be able to fold the box so that the pretty Native American woman's knees look like .

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We have a panini grill. Have you considered this as an alternative?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I rarely toast bread at home. But I always toast bialys.

I do like cinnamon toast, though. But not on a bialy, obviously.

Reaction Score
What's with all the bread toasting mentions in this thread? That's just weird. Everyone knows when you toast you use alcohol.

1539945567501.png

Reaction Score
Nothing toasts bread better than a toaster. Toaster ovens take forever. You can also toast sandwiches in a toaster. Try toasting sliced Italian bread; delicious.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A toaster is useless. Everyone who's anyone knows the toaster oven is where it's at.

I rarely toast bread anymore at home, but I will throw it, butter side down, in a cast iron skillet and grill it. Great for bulky rolls and English Muffins too.

Reaction Score
I’m on a sourdough kick. In addition to being a change of pace bread, my wife tells me that it is also among the healthier choices.

The key to making properly prepared sourdough toast (any toast, really) is to bring it right up to a faint, golden brown but no more. Think crispy AND chewy.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
KO would order toast when eating with recruits at the Capitol Grill.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Toasters are also great for a quick Pop tart warm up. Only need 30 seconds to make the stale crust a bit pliant and provide a little warmth to the filling

I'm mostly an unfrosted cinnamon or strawberry guy.

Also like their new peanut butter chocolate Pop tarts. Quick easy breakfast for the commute in to work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom