To Meghan Culmo-Paige Bueckers | The Boneyard

To Meghan Culmo-Paige Bueckers

Reaction Score
I took offense when she mentioned Paige best player in the country…to correcting herself and saying one of the best in the country.
Excuse me: She was overwhelming the Player of the year and if not for the injury would have won it again.

Reaction Score
I took offense when she mentioned Paige best player in the country…to correcting herself and saying one of the best in the country.
Excuse me: She was overwhelming the Player of the year and if not for the injury would have won it again.
I think we all have bigger fish to fry at this point.

Reaction Score
You do not speak for everyone
Fish will be fried in March if you want to go that way.

Reaction Score
It’s all subjective anyway. Your accumulated stats for one player versus my accumulated stats for another player. So you say no, it’s the eye test, and I say what could be more subjective than that. Objectively, we all know that is true.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. At the first big game of the season, South Carolina vs. N.C. State, the announcers were already touting Boston as the player of the year. Up until Paige's injury, Boston was still the leading candidate, based on strength of schedule.

Reaction Score
such a silly discussion, imho. Paige not in the running this year, she didn’t play enough. If she played like Paige and UConn in final 4, different story. Clark, great stats and a real talent, but does she make her team better. She’d be the same talent if she was on UConn but wouldn’t…couldn’t have the same stats. Boston healthy and really helping her team perform. Hands down right now.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that there is a dark horse in the running and she plays in the Big East, is a Freshman, and is averaging a double-double 20.6 pts, 13.4 rbds, 2.7 stls, and 1.9 asts. She is currently on a 18 straight games double-double streak, and has had 21 double-doubles out of 26 games, Aneesah Morrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd go Boston as well but I do think Clark should be in the running. I don't think kids should be penalized for playing on bad teams. I think Morrow should get All American but if she had to play the same schedule as SC I don't think the numbers would be quite as good but look what she achieved against us both games.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'd go Boston as well but I do think Clark should be in the running. I don't think kids should be penalized for playing on bad teams. I think Morrow should get All American but if she had to play the same schedule as SC I don't think the numbers would be quite as good but look what she achieved against us both games.
Morrow has played against 7 P5 schools and only one has kept her in single digits on points and rebounds, Rutgers 8 pts, 7 rbds, against Texas A&M she had 12 & 4. Against the other 5 she had double-doubles. AZ 24 & 16, NW 15 & 17, Vandy 28 & 15, Kentucky 18 & 17, and ND 19 & 10. Combine the totals and she averaged 17.7 points and 12.2 rebounds a game.

Reaction Score
But they still lost, what good are great stats when your team tanks UGH!!!

Sorry don't agree she is not in the same group with PB, BS and MM. Hher play is not at the level of the other three.
Surely you aren’t arguing that Dee should be ranked below Paige? Sure, Paige could turn out to be better than all of them but she’s not there yet and may never be. As for Dee not being at the same level as MM and BS, I guess we’ll just agree to disagree. She is at the very top of women’s basketball. She may have to share with some others but I doubt you’ll find many who would agree with your contention that she is below anyone in women’s basketball!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Even so, in 2004, DT's senior year, Alana Beard from Duke was named POY. Not everyone bleeds UConn blue.

Reaction Score
based on what? Your Bias?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom