To Meghan Culmo-Paige Bueckers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To Meghan Culmo-Paige Bueckers

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I took offense when she mentioned Paige best player in the country…to correcting herself and saying one of the best in the country.
Excuse me: She was overwhelming the Player of the year and if not for the injury would have won it again.

Nothing is guaranteed. Get over it.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Some threads should not be spun.
Mid-caffeine after a sleepover with 3 grandkids, and this thread has serious TYFYIIUWBB.

Reaction Score
I took offense when she mentioned Paige best player in the country…to correcting herself and saying one of the best in the country.
Excuse me: She was overwhelming the Player of the year and if not for the injury would have won it again.
Calm down.

Reaction Score
Even so, in 2004, DT's senior year, Alana Beard from Duke was named POY. Not everyone bleeds UConn blue.
Maya, and Stewie are the 2 greatest of all time. They both are great on offense and defense. That is why Jordan was the best, he was great offensively, and on defense.
Dee is probably the greatest clutch scorer in history, but never was great on defense.
Just my opinion, but 3rd behind Maya and Stewie.

Reaction Score
Maya, and Stewie are the 2 greatest of all time. They both are great on offense and defense. That is why Jordan was the best, he was great offensively, and on defense.
Dee is probably the greatest clutch scorer in history, but never was great on defense.
DT was the greatest SG defensive rebounder UCONN ever had (unless last few years there has been 1 but I can't recall). Defensive rebounding is a key to good defense too. And DT was as physical of a guard as you'll ever see.

Reaction Score
Geno said DT’s offensive prowess was what also made her a great defender because she knew exactly what the other team was gonna do

Reaction Score
Well actually Stewie had 3 or 4 All-Americans playing with her--there was MoJeff, Hartley, KML, and Steph around that time... Probably the greatest UConn--no, greatest WBB team, ever...

Reaction Score
Paige is great... But Boston is, too... and Kaitlyn Clark has been otherworldly
Caitlin Clark is truly otherworthy = how many times does she have to
score over 40 points to prove her transcendent offensive shooting
range. But.. I agree with an earlier
comment: we'll know more when we get to March! Somebody
will have to be disappointed!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Not sure where we disagree. My point was that the best player doesn't always get the POY award. I also agreed with your comment that Boston was being highly touted for POY for this season, even before Paige was injured.

In terms of the 2003 and 2004 teams, DTs teammates were no slouches. Both Ann Strother and Nicole Wolff were named H.S. POY, while red shirt seniors Jessica Moore and Ashley Battle had WNBA careers. Maria Conlon was a steady Point guard, and took a lot of pressure off DT.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
But.. I agree with an earlier
Keep in mind that POY is chosen BEFORE the Tournament begins.

Reaction Score
I'd go Boston as well but I do think Clark should be in the running. I don't think kids should be penalized for playing on bad teams. I think Morrow should get All American but if she had to play the same schedule as SC I don't think the numbers would be quite as good but look what she achieved against us both games.
Good players on bad teams will be the center of those teams offensive output and therefore have better individual statistics. Stats and greatness don’t necessarily equate. The vreat player that makes the team better is the player is want on my team.

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark is truly otherworthy = how many times does she have to
score over 40 points to prove her transcendent offensive shooting
range. But.. I agree with an earlier
irrelevant to me how far Iowa goes, Clark has nowhere near the help that Uconn has with unlimited top recruits, and South Carolina who also has been recruiting atop level. Again she chose to stay home and I'll always tip my hat off to her for that. She coulda gone to Notre Dame who I believe was the other finalist for her recruiting, but she wanted to build something special of her own. Can't fault her for that.

Reaction Score
Good players on bad teams will be the center of those teams offensive output and therefore have better individual statistics. Stats and greatness don’t necessarily equate. The vreat player that makes the team better is the player is want on my team.
I think Clark is awesome though. I think she makes Iowa real good.

Reaction Score

No matter what the media would like us to think championships are won by teams. There may be an MOP but no MOP won one alone. And If 3 is good then 4 is better. And if we are to be fair Dt may have played with less but Stewart never choked away a FF like DT did in 2001.

Just trying to provide balance.

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the thumbs down early in this thread. First, let me say that I have no problem with Meghan Culmo. Second, the OP expressed a very positive opinion about Paige and got a bunch of thumbs down BY UCONN FANS. Here's where I'm coming from, Paige is the reigning NPOY of the year until another one is named, like it or not. Is she in the running to repeat? No, but that doesn't change last year.

If there is something going on here that I don't understand please explain it to me. FWIW, DT is the GOAT.

Reaction Score
I believe that there is a dark horse in the running and she plays in the Big East, is a Freshman, and is averaging a double-double 20.6 pts, 13.4 rbds, 2.7 stls, and 1.9 asts. She is currently on a 18 straight games double-double streak, and has had 21 double-doubles out of 26 games, Aneesah Morrow.
Not a chance.

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the thumbs down early in this thread. First, let me say that I have no problem with Meghan Culmo.
I disagree a lot of what Meg has to say. But a poster on here called her bitter? -- Just wow!!!!! I'm sure she bleeds blue 100 times more than all of us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom