To Mask Or Not To Mask | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To Mask Or Not To Mask

Reaction Score
I've written this before, Geno should wear his mask in huddles and when talking with players. Shea, CD and JJ do a better job of this than he.
They do, but that's because Geno is constantly directing the team during the game, yelling out defenses, and offensive plays, etc. The other coaches not so much. Should he mask up more often, especially in a huddle, absolutely.

Reaction Score
IMO coaches should not have to wear their mask during games. They are around the players constantly and there are no fans. A mask has little to no value in this situation.

Its like restaurants in Virginia. You have to wear your mask from the front door to your table. Once you reach your table, you don't have to wear it anymore. Does anyone really think this accomplishes anything?

More than a third of a million Americans are already dead. And we're only just entering the worst part of this pandemic so far. A particularly virulent new strain of the virus that is much more contagious than what we've had inn this country before has just been discovered in distant Colorado. So it is only going to get worse. And we're well behind most countries already in getting people vaccinated. And the coach with a conscious at Duke has called off the entire season.

Coach Geno and all other coaches need to keep their masks on at all times. Or be thrown out of the venue and fined.

Reaction Score
More than a third of a million Americans are already dead. And we're only just entering the worst part of this pandemic so far. A particularly virulent new strain of the virus that is much more contagious than what we've had inn this country before has just been discovered in distant Colorado. So it is only going to get worse. And we're well behind most countries already in getting people vaccinated. And the coach with a conscious at Duke has called off the entire season.

Coach Geno and all other coaches need to keep their masks on at all times. Or be thrown out of the venue and fined.
I'm loving watching the games and following the team. I'll be honest with you though, if you walk through the Covid process step by step, according to scientific and commonsense protocols, we IMO should not be playing hoops this season. (I don't even want to admit it. ShSh)
Unless an NBA-like bubble is established.
BTW Duke owes the basketball community an explanation. Why aren't they talking? Whatever their reasoning, it must be important or they wouldn't cancel. Would their judgement help the common good?
I think their silence makes them look bad! Scared to expose hypocrisy?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
An intelligent response to a dangerous situation , especially in an institution of higher learning, should not be viewed as a "partisan" issue. Coaches and staff should wear the masks to set an example for fans and students alike. No matter the "rules" or "practices", it is the correct and responsible thing to do.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Be
Guess I'm not making myself clear. My fault. I actually think it's black and white. BTW I think Geno has done a super job on all fronts. A bubble is what the NBA created. Did you watch it? It was masterful. Anything short of that is not a bubble. Therefore the virus can gain access to the community. So proper protocols should be followed at all times. In my school building, we should wear masks at all times and social distance. Same with the team IMO. So, I point of the thread was whether Geno and the coaches should wear their masks. I said yes.
The huge question is really whether we should be playing at all. You're 100% right it's a really crazy time. I flew to Anchorage for a few days away from my village. Was that dumb? I skipped a dental appointment because I got cold feet last minute. Crap, a 41 year old US Congressman died yesterday. Come on 2021!
Beating our heads over the difference in our interpretation of a bubbleHead bang is pointless. We in general seem to agree on most areas. That is except the NBA, where their bubble as advertised would be good, in reality, while some of the grown children couldn't control themselves and made forays in the night. No system is perfect, If wearing masks was perfect no one who wore one 100% of the time would catch the virous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it odd that, after playing cheek by jowl with each other for
forty minutes, it is deemed too dangerous to have a "players only" handshake line
at the end of the game?

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it odd that, after playing cheek by jowl with each other for
forty minutes, it is deemed too dangerous to have a "players only" handshake line
at the end of the game?
IMO Point isn't that players should be shaking hands but that we shouldn't be playing. (not what I want in any shape or form) If you follow all the protocols from top to bottom, that is always what you end up with.
Unless you play in a bubble. Nobody wants to say it. Why isn't Duke talking?
Can we roll-the-dice and survive Jan and Feb and then everybody heads to the nearest bubble for the Tournament.

Reaction Score
The UConn coaches wear masks during all practices.
As they should. They are going home to their families every night, as well as shopping in public, etc. The players are much less vulnerable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom