To Dunn & before him Lashlee.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

To Dunn & before him Lashlee....

Reaction Score
He doesn't have better access to talent at SMU. Being at the 6th best program in Texas, outside of the P5, gets you no additional access to anything.

They're paying him much more and he's happier in the south. Keep your SMU nonsense to yourself...

Look at UH and SMU recruiting vs UConn.

Do you think UConn has a talent problem or a coaching problem? I think you have both. Fix the coaching situation and you can improve.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Do you think UConn has a talent problem or a coaching problem? I think you have both. Fix the coaching situation and you can improve.

Cool story, bro...

Reaction Score
Lashlee and Dunn leaving are where we should focus our anger at?

Not HCRE who left the program he built from trailers in the desert in 2011 just a mere 2 years before the last life boats were being launched for the ACC?
It’s weird but I had the very same thought while working on in-law deck today. Him there with a couple of more successful years might have put us over the top. It’s no small irony he’s in the straights he’s in right now and I still honestly like him. Recruiting, teaching and coaching Canadian and fcs transfer players is proving to be very difficult.

Reaction Score
Yup! He got a significant pay raise, the opportunity to work for Dykes, and the chance to move his family to a place they would be happy. Plus, he has a better opportunity to succeed at SMU since he has access to better talent.

Examples:
SMU - signed Shane Buechelle who could probably start on most P5 programs.
UConn - signed a D3 guy.

James Proche made two insane catches that won the Tulsa game. Does UConn have anyone who can make this catch?

As Uconn moves on from the AAC, it needs
1) to fire Randy and his embarrassing “bonuses” that don’t involve winning; and
2) hire an aggressive young staff that can recruit better talent across the board.

Also coach the better talent that they signed. Edsall HAS to go.

Reaction Score
And this is why we can't even win in the AAC. Four assistants getting paid more than everyone on our coaching staff.

Do it right or don't do it at all...

Please don’t give UConn a choice as they always make the wrong choice,

C

Chief00

>>The AAC already is holding in escrow this past year’s year-end distribution of approximately $5.1 million to UConn. The AAC will hold next year’s distribution, too. There’s no way of knowing an exact figure. Some of it depends on how successful the league is, especially in football. If the AAC lands a spot in a New Year’s Six bowl, as it has the last few years, and Geno Auriemma gets the UConn women into the Final Four (a direct $500,000 bonus), that will mean a payout in the $5 million to $6 million range.

The hope is UConn is around the $11 million mark by next year. UConn negotiated the balance and each year for the following six years the school would give the AAC about $1 million. That’s tenable.

With the move, the school also looks at saving upward of $2 million a year in travel and believes there will be at least a $2 million increase in revenue related to men’s basketball. If those figures reach fruition, the entire $17 million exit and $3.5 million Big East entry fees would be covered in five years.<<
I know they did some analysis but this is CT, a state where the government does very little with competence.

Both, agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Edsall didn’t run Lashlee out of town. We don’t have enough cornpone country girls and Cracker Barrells to keep a coach like him in state.

C

Chief00

The fact that Randy had to offer it is the PROOF that UConn wouldn't.

You can try to spin it any way you want to. Until we are competitive in our payment of coaches, we will NOT be competitive in our performance in the field. Period.
It’s not proof of anything other than your gullibility. Randy knew Dunn was gone and the offer made Randy look good in the press and Benedict look bad. It’s easy to offer a lot of money when you know you won’t have to pay it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It’s not proof of anything other than your gullibility. Randy knew Dunn was gone and the offer made Randy look good in the press and Benedict look bad. It’s easy to offer a lot of money when you know you won’t have to pay it.

I'll take the word of every beat writer for UConn over yours. Sorry...

Reaction Score
Probably knew of Dunn’s intentions. Waited until after signing day to leave. Edsall probably didn’t want to scramble late and promoted within.

Reaction Score
>>Five members of new University of Houston football coach Dana Holgorsen’s coaching staff will make at least $300,000 next season, according to contracts details released Friday.

Co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Brandon Jones ($500,000), defensive coordinator Joe Cauthen ($430,000), co-offensive coordinator/quarterback coach Marquel Blackwell ($400,000) and co-defensive coordinator Doug Belk ($400,000) all received three-year deals that put them among the highest-paid assistants from a non-Power Five school, according to information obtained by the Houston Chronicle through an open-records request.<<

and that sums up the issue with this program. lets ignore the “first assistants” for basketball, but I would be curious how much the third Coaches on the pecking order make on the men’s and women’s team. I would guess more than the coordinators and that is a huge problem.

make no mistake, lack of investment and support of the football team is the reason the team is now down for the count.

ridiculously short sighted administration and athletic department.

I will say it again - Football drives the bus.

Reaction Score
Ha

We have you listening to a SMU guy. Last year I attended a non-UCONN game at Gerald Ford Stadium. A Joke. They are on a rise now ... but that’s after 20 years of CRAP.

For my eyes ... Dunn > Lashlee

Lashlee did make that construct of young young Crocker D look woeful. A track meet that WE could never catch a breath. We might score; but the wide open play let the opposition score 2 to 3 times more.

Dunn understood balance. Dunn used Giufre as a Line coach better (Which we miss this year). Dunn was FAR better for Pindell than Lashlee for Sherriffs/Pindell. I think let Lauren Lashlee enjoy her Dallas Women’s Club. I think Dunn was a loss. I’m hoping Moyseenko has some magic. My view is QB position is about constant communication reps & skill development. I’m still thinking Zergiotis & Krajewski can be the guy. Beaudry ... hmmm

Reaction Score
All I can tell you is what I posted previously. I am certain you are wrong about this.

I'll say this again. You either do in fact have inside contacts and information you are sharing which would make you irresponsible. Or, you want folks to believe you have inside contacts and information which makes you a b*lls***er and irresponsible. I suspect it's the latter, but either way..........

C

Chief00

Ha

We have you listening to a SMU guy. Last year I attended a non-UCONN game at Gerald Ford Stadium. A Joke. They are on a rise now ... but that’s after 20 years of CRAP.

For my eyes ... Dunn > Lashlee

Lashlee did make that construct of young young Crocker D look woeful. A track meet that WE could never catch a breath. We might score; but the wide open play let the opposition score 2 to 3 times more.

Dunn understood balance. Dunn used Giufre as a Line coach better (Which we miss this year). Dunn was FAR better for Pindell than Lashlee for Sherriffs/Pindell. I think let Lauren Lashlee enjoy her Dallas Women’s Club. I think Dunn was a loss. I’m hoping Moyseenko has some magic. My view is QB position is about constant communication reps & skill development. I’m still thinking Zergiotis & Krajewski can be the guy. Beaudry ... hmmm

I understand the logic that you don’t want your team to score too quickly when you have one of the worse defenses in history. However, a good OC should have the mentality/instincts to want to score in my opinion. Asking him to pull back on that rather than focusing on fixing the defensive problem is a tall order. The only way we could win that year was to score like crazy. Good offensive players want to go to a program where they aggressively try to score. If you think Lashlee was the problem that year, I can’t agree.
As for the OC’s wife, she had nothing to do with him leaving. She may like Dallas better but that wasn’t what made him leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
John Dunn might be back soon because Gase will get fired the way the Jets are going.

Reaction Score
No

You don’t run a fast fast fast no-huddle when you’re playing a thin slice Fr/RFr/So laden defense. That was silly. Edsall CORRECTLY stated that. Lashlee looked great until about the 10 minutes mark of second quarter. It was simply silly

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
To further drive my point home, they recently released the list of salaries for all our coordinators and assistant coaches. Not one of them is making higher than 350k. Not one.

We identified two very good OCs over the last three years and lost both in large part due to a salary much lower than their market value. Now, we have an OLine coach filling that role, and the results should surprise nobody. While I'm sure he's a good OLine coach, OC isn't his forte.

Put money into this darned program and stop screwing around!!!
what money

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
what money

The money that they seem to find for every other initiative, like a new biotech park or free tuition for students with less than a 50k household.

I'm not saying that either of those were bad. Just saying that they can find some up front money to make the situation better and recoup with ticket sales after they inject life into the program...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I saw a post about bags at the Rent...i thought the OP wanted to know if barf bags are available!! :)

Seriously, bad game all around...
FCBB640B-740E-40E9-B78A-2306E07347B0.jpeg

C

Chief00

No

You don’t run a fast fast fast no-huddle when you’re playing a thin slice Fr/RFr/So laden defense. That was silly. Edsall CORRECTLY stated that. Lashlee looked great until about the 10 minutes mark of second quarter. It was simply silly
And how is that decision working out for us in our 1950’s retro offense lead by an OL coach?

C

Chief00

I'll take the word of every beat writer for UConn over yours. Sorry...
Well what they reported was true - Randy made that offer. What they were silent about or did not address was motivation other than how generous it was blah, blah, blah.
Question - What Beat Writer broke the Big East story that Chief IM people about in advance?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom