To Dunn & before him Lashlee.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To Dunn & before him Lashlee....

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps saying UConn doesn’t have the money to pay a good coach. Where did they get the $17 million to screw the football team?
Disco red pants got it all

C

Chief00

UConn got Lashlee for a 250k PAY CUT from Auburn! You probably didn't know or understand that. He wasn't going to be kept at Auburn. It wasn't a secret.

You want to keep a 600k coach for 350k and you think he's going to stick around for long? WRONG! He's gone the second he gets a chance. And he got that chance at SMU...
I know exactly what happened at Auburn and UConn. You are right - he got his chance at SMU not UConn. How much of an increase did Dunn get?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I know exactly what happened at Auburn and UConn. You are right - he got his chance at SMU not UConn. How much of an increase did Dunn get?

To go to the NFL???

Are you being serious right now? Please stop drinking...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Not that I should answer anyone who would ask how much more Dunn gets by... GOING TO THE NFL!!!...

... but the answer is 150k more than he was making here at UConn, and Randy Edsall doesn't have to reach into his own salary to make it happen. Good God, people are so late to the party around here!

C

Chief00

From the start Lauren Lashlee wanted to return to the South but was wiling to spend 3-4 years anywhere so her husband could show his abilities away from Mahlzan to enhance his HC chances. Under RE that was impossible.
That is closer to the truth. It’s been horrible how this nice woman has been dumped on when she had nothing to do with what happened. Chief will always challenge someone when I read that untruthful narrative.

C

Chief00

Not that I should answer anyone who would ask how much more Dunn gets by... GOING TO THE NFL!!!...

... but the answer is 150k more than he was making here at UConn, and Randy Edsall doesn't have to reach into his own salary to make it happen. Good God, people are so late to the party around here!
He’s the tight ends coach for the Jets and UConn could have matched his salary.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
He’s the tight ends coach for the Jets and UConn could have matched his salary.

I love how you say UConn could have matched his salary when it is well documented that they WOULD NOT, and that Edsall offered 150k of his own salary to try to match. This is all known. You can't rewrite history.

And this lack of funding is EXACTLY why we are where we are today...

C

Chief00

YIKES....NO attack Chief but a post like this really exposes a chink in your panties / armor. ;)
I got a DM from a friend of a former coach - who said I was correct about it. Leave the wife alone, stop bullying her - she knew what she signed up for marrying a coach. The problem was inside the coaches meeting room.

Reaction Score
I got a DM from a friend of a former coach - who said I was correct about it. Leave the wife alone, stop bullying her - she knew what she signed up for marrying a coach. The problem was inside the coaches meeting room.

Damn Bunkey’s friends with a football coach? Who knew

C

Chief00

I love how you say UConn could have matched his salary when it is well documented that they WOULD NOT, and that Edsall offered 150k of his own salary to try to match. This is all known. You can't rewrite history.

And this lack of funding is EXACTLY why we are where we are today...
Randy offered that before the Jets thing finalized because he knew he was leaving to go some place or any place and wanted a positive narrative rather than having the narrative be losing OC number 2. Since Randy knew he was leaving he knew it was nothing out of his pocket.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Randy offered that before the Jets thing finalized because he knew he was leaving to go some place or any place and wanted a positive narrative rather than having the narrative be losing OC number 2. Since Randy knew he was leaving he knew it was nothing out of his pocket.

The fact that Randy had to offer it is the PROOF that UConn wouldn't.

You can try to spin it any way you want to. Until we are competitive in our payment of coaches, we will NOT be competitive in our performance in the field. Period.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
To further drive my point home, they recently released the list of salaries for all our coordinators and assistant coaches. Not one of them is making higher than 350k. Not one.

We identified two very good OCs over the last three years and lost both in large part due to a salary much lower than their market value. Now, we have an OLine coach filling that role, and the results should surprise nobody. While I'm sure he's a good OLine coach, OC isn't his forte.

Put money into this darned program and stop screwing around!!!

Reaction Score
To further drive my point home, they recently released the list of salaries for all our coordinators and assistant coaches. Not one of them is making higher than 350k. Not one.

Put money into this darned program and stop screwing around!!!

>>Five members of new University of Houston football coach Dana Holgorsen’s coaching staff will make at least $300,000 next season, according to contracts details released Friday.

Co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Brandon Jones ($500,000), defensive coordinator Joe Cauthen ($430,000), co-offensive coordinator/quarterback coach Marquel Blackwell ($400,000) and co-defensive coordinator Doug Belk ($400,000) all received three-year deals that put them among the highest-paid assistants from a non-Power Five school, according to information obtained by the Houston Chronicle through an open-records request.<<

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Lashlee wife didn't like it up here, period. End of story

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps saying UConn doesn’t have the money to pay a good coach. Where did they get the $17 million to screw the football team?
Excellent point!!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
>>Five members of new University of Houston football coach Dana Holgorsen’s coaching staff will make at least $300,000 next season, according to contracts details released Friday.

Co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Brandon Jones ($500,000), defensive coordinator Joe Cauthen ($430,000), co-offensive coordinator/quarterback coach Marquel Blackwell ($400,000) and co-defensive coordinator Doug Belk ($400,000) all received three-year deals that put them among the highest-paid assistants from a non-Power Five school, according to information obtained by the Houston Chronicle through an open-records request.<<

And this is why we can't even win in the AAC. Four assistants getting paid more than everyone on our coaching staff.

Do it right or don't do it at all...

Reaction Score
Interesting Houston is using a combination of an O-Line coach and QB coach as it's co-offensive coordinators.

Reaction Score
From students
Excellent point!!

>>The AAC already is holding in escrow this past year’s year-end distribution of approximately $5.1 million to UConn. The AAC will hold next year’s distribution, too. There’s no way of knowing an exact figure. Some of it depends on how successful the league is, especially in football. If the AAC lands a spot in a New Year’s Six bowl, as it has the last few years, and Geno Auriemma gets the UConn women into the Final Four (a direct $500,000 bonus), that will mean a payout in the $5 million to $6 million range.

The hope is UConn is around the $11 million mark by next year. UConn negotiated the balance and each year for the following six years the school would give the AAC about $1 million. That’s tenable.

With the move, the school also looks at saving upward of $2 million a year in travel and believes there will be at least a $2 million increase in revenue related to men’s basketball. If those figures reach fruition, the entire $17 million exit and $3.5 million Big East entry fees would be covered in five years.<<

Reaction Score
I don't believe he had a choice. Lashlee came because of his connections to Benedict.

He left because his wife was unhappy and SMU paid him significantly more for the same job...

Yup! He got a significant pay raise, the opportunity to work for Dykes, and the chance to move his family to a place they would be happy. Plus, he has a better opportunity to succeed at SMU since he has access to better talent.

Examples:
SMU - signed Shane Buechelle who could probably start on most P5 programs.
UConn - signed a D3 guy.

James Proche made two insane catches that won the Tulsa game. Does UConn have anyone who can make this catch?

As Uconn moves on from the AAC, it needs
1) to fire Randy and his embarrassing “bonuses” that don’t involve winning; and
2) hire an aggressive young staff that can recruit better talent across the board.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yup! He got a significant pay raise, the opportunity to work for Dykes, and the chance to move his family to a place they would be happy. Plus, he has a better opportunity to succeed at SMU since he has access to better talent.

Examples:
SMU - signed Shane Buechelle who could probably start on most P5 programs.
UConn - signed a D3 guy.

James Proche made two insane catches that won the Tulsa game. Does UConn have anyone who can make this catch?

As Uconn moves on from the AAC, it needs
1) to fire Randy and his embarrassing “bonuses” that don’t involve winning; and
2) hire an aggressive young staff that can recruit better talent across the board.

He doesn't have better access to talent at SMU. Being at the 6th best program in Texas, outside of the P5, gets you no additional access to anything.

They're paying him much more and he's happier in the south. Keep your SMU nonsense to yourself...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom