To Dave Benedict | Page 3 | The Boneyard

To Dave Benedict

Reaction Score
You can move forward NOW, if you get rid of Edsall now, especially in the eyes of the players and any new coaching prospects. I think Edsall has lost control of the team. Give him his one million, I don't care. Getting rid of this guy mid season is 100 times better for the program than waiting to announce a new coach in February.

Why would you have to wait till February? Why not on December 2 to give a new staff a few weeks to solidify current commits (if they still meet the need) and to recruit additional players before the December 18-20 signing dates.

Reaction Score
Season is lost. Players have already quit on him. Save the Million and go chase TJ. Give him a 2 year deal. If he goes . 500 in year 2 he gets a 1 year extension and bumped to $1.5 Million. If he wins 6-7 games in year 3, he gets 2 year extension. The guy is hungry and still looking for his shot to prove himself. Great experience. Knows the environment and will kick butt. Plus, he’s cheap. He needs at least 650k each for an OC and DC. Bring in Danny O as QB coach. Let’s get after this thing.
The school needs to shake things up and fire Edsall now. Give him his one million, the school, the program, the players would be better for it. Too many pitfalls if they wait until Christmas.

Reaction Score
You can move forward NOW, if you get rid of Edsall now, especially in the eyes of the players and any new coaching prospects. I think Edsall has lost control of the team. Give him his one million, I don't care. Getting rid of this guy mid season is 100 times better for the program than waiting to announce a new coach in February.
Move forward to what? Basically a month and a half to save a million bucks you can use toward the next staff. I knew at some point his buyout was zero, i was pleasantly surprised to see its THIS YEAR.

Reaction Score
Why would you have to wait till February? Why not on December 2 to give a new staff a few weeks to solidify current commits (if they still meet the need) and to recruit additional players before the December 18-20 signing dates.
If they fire him now, doesn't the school get a mid season jump on a new coach, on recruits? Timing is critical here. Edsall's play calling kills this team every week, get rid of him now. I think some of the new coaching possibilities might be gone by early December. Fire him now, bring someone in quickly interim who can call some plays and teach the players how to tackle. Also consider if you wait till December 3rd, how many players will have already decided to leave? A mid season firing (tomorrow) is better for the team in the long run, and I think Mr's Schenkman and Burton would agree. Maybe we get lucky and the interim coach fires these kids up. The longer they wait the worse things will get. Time is money too, medic.

Reaction Score
If they fire him now, doesn't the school get a mid season jump on a new coach, on recruits? Timing is critical here. Edsall's play calling kills this team every week, get rid of him now. I think some of the new coaching possibilities might be gone by early December. Fire him now, bring someone in quickly interim who can call some plays and teach the players how to tackle. Also consider if you wait till December 3rd, how many players will have already decided to leave? A mid season firing (tomorrow) is better for the team in the long run, and I think Mr's Schenkman and Burton would agree. Maybe we get lucky and the interim coach fires these kids up. The longer they wait the worse things will get. Time is money too, medic.
You can’t bring anyone in now. Everyone we’d want has a job. Cmon man. Everyone’s under contract during the season

Reaction Score
Move forward to what? Basically a month and a half to save a million bucks you can use toward the next staff. I knew at some point his buyout was zero, i was pleasantly surprised to see its THIS YEAR.
Time is money too, even if it's just the 2nd half of the season.

Reaction Score
Is the 2nd half of the season worth a million bucks to you? The school has to make a change now. Get some of the former players to come back and coach interim, call some plays that work and teach the players to tackle.

Reaction Score
Is the 2nd half of the season worth a million bucks to you? The school has to make a change now. Get some of the former players to come back and coach interim, call some plays that work and teach the players to tackle.
No. Sadly it isnt. Nothing is changing.

Reaction Score
No. Sadly it isnt. Nothing is changing.
It could change if Edsall was fired tomorrow. The play calling and tackling are terrible. Fire him and name Spanos the interim coach, maybe bring in Dan O to help with the offense. The school needs to make a statement now, mid season. That's my opinion, if you don't agree, fine.

Reaction Score
Who do you think brought him back anyways? Benedict?

Reaction Score
Wow

Reaction Score
It could change if Edsall was fired tomorrow. The play calling and tackling are terrible. Fire him and name Spanos the interim coach, maybe bring in Dan O to help with the offense. The school needs to make a statement now, mid season. That's my opinion, if you don't agree, fine.
Okay. Zero chamce DanO leaves his good job for this mess right now in my opinion. But okay.

Reaction Score

Nothing is changing. This school made its bed.

Reaction Score

Spanos has been almost as awful as Crocker and you want to promote him?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The complete dedication to stupidity around here is astounding. Yeah sure easy to say throw a million bucks at a guy when it’s not your money and you don’t have to worry about how the hell to pay the next staff. You gonna pony up for your hissy fit @huskyrob1 ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom