To Dave Benedict | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To Dave Benedict

Reaction Score
Whats the difference if they fire him now or at the end of the season? You're going to end up with the same result.

Save the money
No you're not. I think it would be better for the players and the stability of the team, and for the school in finding a new coach. The quicker the better.

Reaction Score
No you're not. I think it would be better for the players and the stability of the team, and for the school in finding a new coach. The quicker the better.
It's the same team with the same talent. They aren't going to look better with an assistant coach.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Word is Benedict never wanted to hire Edsall.

Wait till the end of the year and save the money if you are going to do it.
I'm nowhere near as connected to the program like you but I was told the same thing by people working in the athletic department.

I was also told a lot of the decisions are out of his hand which is awful if true.

Reaction Score
They're broke. They aren't eating a million to make you feel better for eight weeks.
How can they be eating a million by firing him now, while paying him $150,000 every month since last January??????

Reaction Score
I love when you wave the white flag!
No flags. Why do they have to pay him another million dollars if they fire him now, while paying him $150,000 every month since January?

Reaction Score
No flags. Why do they have to pay him another million dollars if they fire him now, while paying him $150,000 every month since January?

Reading is fundamental dude...

1570928569735.png

Reaction Score
Reading is fundamental dude...

View attachment 47144
I saw your post but didn't read it. Sorry Medic, that is some contract. That being said they should fire him now anyway. If they fire him now, it's better for the players and the stability of the team, one million well spent IMO. Plus they could get lucky with an interim coach stepping in quickly. If the school cares about the program they should fire him tomorrow at the airport.

Reaction Score
I saw your post but didn't read it. Sorry Medic, that is some contract. That being said they should fire him now anyway. If they fire him now, it's better for the players and the stability of the team, one million well spent IMO. Plus they could get lucky with an interim coach stepping in quickly. If the school cares about the program they should fire him tomorrow at the airport.

Why wouldn’t you just put that $1m into new coach/new coaching staff salaries moving forward?

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Agreed. Word is Benedict never wanted to hire Edsall.

Wait till the end of the year and save the money if you are going to do it.
I do know they don't get along presently..

Reaction Score
Season is lost. Players have already quit on him. Save the Million and go chase TJ. Give him a 2 year deal. If he goes . 500 in year 2 he gets a 1 year extension and bumped to $1.5 Million. If he wins 6-7 games in year 3, he gets 2 year extension. The guy is hungry and still looking for his shot to prove himself. Great experience. Knows the environment and will kick butt. Plus, he’s cheap. He needs at least 650k each for an OC and DC. Bring in Danny O as QB coach. Let’s get after this thing.

Reaction Score
I do know they don't get along presently..
Don’t know about that but Benedict hired Randy because he knew what it took to be successful here. But circumstances have obviously changed

Reaction Score
Season is lost. Players have already quit on him. Save the Million and go chase TJ. Give him a 2 year deal. If he goes . 500 in year 2 he gets a 1 year extension and bumped to $1.5 Million. If he wins 6-7 games in year 3, he gets 2 year extension. The guy is hungry and still looking for his shot to prove himself. Great experience. Knows the environment and will kick butt. Plus, he’s cheap. He needs at least 650k each for an OC and DC. Bring in Danny O as QB coach. Let’s get after this thing.
TJ? Seriously? Because he wore short sleeves on cold days? We can do better than that

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t you just put that $1m into new coach/new coaching staff salaries moving forward?
You can move forward NOW, if you get rid of Edsall now, especially in the eyes of the players and any new coaching prospects. I think Edsall has lost control of the team. Give him his one million, I don't care. Getting rid of this guy mid season is 100 times better for the program than waiting to announce a new coach in February.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom