To cap off regular season, which games most enjoyed? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To cap off regular season, which games most enjoyed?

Reaction Score
Best games I got to see in person: DePaul, Baylor, #100 SC. Absolutely incredible energy from the arena in all 3 games. Beautiful basketball in the DePaul game, flashes of pure genius from Crystal Dangerfield in the Baylor game, and just... history made at the SC game. I've been to a lot of UConn games, but each one of those was definitely extremely special for their own reasons.

Best games I watched on TV: Maryland, ND. Nothing like beating those two programs!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was a lil shocked... and in South Bend
images

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Gabby Williams show against Notre Dame and South Carolina. She took over games against elite teams.

Crystal responding to Geno's call to "win the game for us" against the very tall Baylor team. She showed greatness 2 games into her career against a top team. No fear!

Lou Legend sinking buckets in College Park and barfing in another one. The pretty girl from So. Cal. really is a Badass.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
1. FSU - great start to the season
2. Baylor -Strength of will wore out Baylor and showed us what this team was made of
3. ND - the Gabby Williams show was amazing
4. MD - another down to the wire game with Saniya hitting another big three at the end
5. SC - big time fun-filled game to get to 100 - this team showed again that they outlast the opposition and find ways to come up with the key big baskets at the end of the half/quarter

Reaction Score
A season full of great games (aside than the Tulane one) so how do you chose only 2...
If I have to I'll go with Baylor (a game that very few people thought UConn will win) and USF (a beautiful game with a performance for the ages by Lou).
HM: ND (how sweet it is to win at South Bend) with the superwomen performance by Gabby, Maryland (FLOU is a great name for it), DePaul (that first quarter was out worldly), and SC (another superwomen performance by Gabby and number 100 in the books).

Reaction Score
ALL - really enjoying reading your takes on this especially, but not only, from those of you who are giving your interesting reasons.
After a long season with so many games, one of the surprises here is the amount of agreement being reported. At the same time, the "outliers" are interesting as well.

Reaction Score
1) Baylor game was a big surprise. A great turn-out by the students sure helped the Uconn team to a great victory.
2) Maryland. I was there lost in a sea of terrapins! It was an amazing game as a fan to watch Uconn built a big lead and hang on against a slew of crazy faults.
3) ND against the odd, Uconn beat a very good team on their own court.
4) SC was great with the student attending in force adding a festive atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Mrs. B was feeling good and we were able to go see the Texas game. The closest garage was full, so we had to take our time getting in. We lolligagged even more and had a Bobby Flay burger first then got in our seats just after the timeout where they gave Lou a T after the fact. So the result was we missed the tough beginning and just saw the girls soar!
Those Bobby Flay burgers are awesome!

I really can't pick a favorite game, though. Perhaps the Championship, though, since I kept saying for days afterwards to my wife, "I got one thing to say to you, Katie Lou Samuelson!"

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
In chronological order:

Baylor -- they looked really beatable after FSU. I really didn't expect them to win this one, but it was one holy moment after another

Maryland -- Loved Chong's three and block at the end. I've always loved her, glad to see her forcing the naysayers to take notice

Temple -- they again looked vulnerable after Tulane, but won this one with an exclamation point.

Reaction Score
I'll go Baylor, ND, and DePaul or USF - the first two for the excitement and drama and stellar performances, the last two for poetry in motion and seeing what this team could actually accomplish when they were all on against a decent team.
You beat me to it but I'd add (just for me) Tulane, MD, US Carolina.

Reaction Score
First I would say Baylor. Team was still a bit unknown and I went wondering if I would see a loss. Close game,great atmosphere,and hope for the season.
Next may be the Notre Dame game because of Gabby's heroics and because Notre Dame!
I really enjoyed the DePaul and USF (first &last) games for the beauty and dominance. And the SCar game was fun in person due to the hype about reaching. 100.
Say what you want--ND to me is always a threat---good team poor team they always give me wonderment --Geno in recent times has pulled a new rabbit out of his golf cap-muffet also is capable of finding rabbits in a briar patch.

Reaction Score
SC game for sure, but loved the play in the UCF semi-final when Lou winged almost a full court pass, hardly looking, to Kia who caught it on the run.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Winning in South Bend by a somewhat comfortable margin. That was the first real sign that this team was going to be something special for the rest of the season, winning a tough road game. Maryland and SC were the other two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom