To cap off regular season, which games most enjoyed? | The Boneyard

To cap off regular season, which games most enjoyed?

Reaction Score
In the rear view mirror, which two or three regular season games come to mind as having been the most enjoyable for you? Would be very interested also in what reasons you'd cite for each of the games you select..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'll go Baylor, ND, and DePaul or USF - the first two for the excitement and drama and stellar performances, the last two for poetry in motion and seeing what this team could actually accomplish when they were all on against a decent team.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Duke vs Lower Carolina

Duke vs UNC..

I can elaborate more once I get back from the hot dog stand :cool:
I think we want UConn games. Though to appease you, I would say Duke SC!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I'm going with the first game and the last.

We had no idea what we'd be in for this season. More than a few of us had bitten our nails down to the knub after watching the Florida state game. Exhilarating beyond belief....mainly bc it was the first game in a while that we legitimately could not claim an automatic win (ahhh, the good Ole Stewie days...) In light of this, I'd mark Pheesa's block at the end the very top PLAY of the season. What a game!

Fast forward 30+ games and you have one of the best games these women collectively have played while in a UCONN jersey. Such fluid playing and impeccable passing. And, my goodness, Katie Lou!!! We have never been privy to a performance like that as long as we've all been Husky fans (simply seeing she set the record!). I'd mark Lou's play at the championship the top PERFORMANCE of the year.

Gosh, we have to be the luckiest fan base in all of sports

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I absolutely delighted in watching UConn vs. South Carolina. UConn was going for 100 in a row. Gampel was electric. We shut down SC's bigs in the second half with amazing team defense. Gabby was over-the-top fantastic. And best of all we won. What a fabulous game to watch!

Reaction Score
Florida State. It was the most exciting game since the OT loss to Stanford. You didn't know what you'd get going into the game. It showed how tough these players can be and how rough around the edges they were as a team It provided a first clue about how great Pheesa was going to be and how much Saniya brings to the table. I expected that there would be more such thrillers to follow ( more than what we actually got) who knew they'd get so good so fast?
The Maryland game would be my second choice. Two exciting victories over two good teams that we weren't sure who the winner would be at tip off.
It's amazing how much more confident the BY is now compared to then.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The "FLOU" Game vs Maryland.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year Terps. I left you a gift in the garbage bin. :rolleyes:

OCHOOPS, for future reference, we've un-officially nick-named that game "The Barf game". When you say: the Barf game, most readers here in the yard will know what game you're referring to.

Reaction Score
First I would say Baylor. Team was still a bit unknown and I went wondering if I would see a loss. Close game,great atmosphere,and hope for the season.
Next may be the Notre Dame game because of Gabby's heroics and because Notre Dame!
I really enjoyed the DePaul and USF (first &last) games for the beauty and dominance. And the SCar game was fun in person due to the hype about reaching. 100.

Reaction Score
We were privileged to see the game live. Love it. Went to the game at SMU where UConn set the new record for consecutive wins. Great fun. The SC game on TV ranks up there, too.

Reaction Score
Have to go with
a. Barf (or FLOU) Game vs MD
b. AAC Championship... that game was pure Art... I remember thinking I didn't want it to end because I enjoyed watching the incredible play of our Girls.

Honorable Mention: ND, Baylor, FSU

Reaction Score
Mrs. B was feeling good and we were able to go see the Texas game. The closest garage was full, so we had to take our time getting in. We lolligagged even more and had a Bobby Flay burger first then got in our seats just after the timeout where they gave Lou a T after the fact. So the result was we missed the tough beginning and just saw the girls soar!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Baylor. There's no beating the reaction I had after the first period when I turned to my friend and said, "Holy (expletive), they can beat this team". And watching Mulkey lose her mind while her attire stayed intact.

Nebraska. Watching those great fans finally get to see Geno and crew after so many years. Those fans deserve better. They especially deserve a Jessica Shepard that isn't 30 pounds overweight.

DePaul. When they really began to show their potential.

Maryland. When I saw 3 sick Husky's, with Lou heading the bucket list, take a 19 point lead then watch a tired, foul plagued crew hold on to victory.

Ohio State. Listening to Debbie Antonelli say she loves UConn's style of play and Geno's coaching. Also when she said UConn even runs from the locker room faster than any other team.

ND. It never gets old.

Reaction Score
Baylor, ND, 1st USF (#90), and USF tournament championship (watching Lou was the highlight of the season)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom