To all the Lou doubters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To all the Lou doubters

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Lou "doubters" were the ones that knew she had this game in her. That another UCLA game wasn't going to fly against Louisville. It was great to see her bring her A game today for two reasons: One, they don't win without it and second, I think another clunker and a team loss would have hurt her legacy. Now she has a chance to join the pantheon.

According to Geno Lou practiced like it was going to be another UCLA game, but knowing Lou it just might be something pretty spectacular too.

Reaction Score
Doubters!? Come on, now. We were just waiting on Lou to have one of those games were she just goes off especially against one of the top teams in the nation during a big game. We got two more and we need her to show up and show out!! We gonna need a monster game from everybody but Lou is one of the Big Two and we need her.

Reaction Score
I was so disappointed in the "Lou does not step up in big games " crowd from the chat on Friday, that I never opened it today. Most enjoyable that way. I am glad she was able to put that myth to rest. Go Huskies.
Nice not to have to take a shower after the game huh?

Reaction Score
I was so disappointed in the "Lou does not step up in big games " crowd from the chat on Friday, that I never opened it today. Most enjoyable that way. I am glad she was able to put that myth to rest. Go Huskies.

I'm glad I didn't read it. It's such nonsense. IMO there i no reason for anyone to post "she doesn't step up in big games." How would you even categorize "a big game?" I also got upset when earlier this year someone posted that fans don't get hard on Lou because they envision her as their daughter (I found the post to be outrageous and insulting.) . I just think some fans just for some reason invent reasons not to like her. Of all things though-- it's UCONN fans. On another thread below some UCLA fan was apparently acknowledging that he or she said it too but even after the latest game that poster said to paraphrase "she doesn't always play well in these type of games."

Just even down to the end -- you got to pull teeth- and even then- some will still have to find something nit-pick to say. Who plays well "always?" It's just a refusal to give Lou full acknowledgement even something so small there must be a dig. I'm hoping that a vats majority of fans said no way in hell to that supposition.

Last year she got 26 points vs Louisville / led the team in scoring. Led the team in scoring vs Texas in which UCONN was threatened to lose - she got 19. Last year vs ND in reg season she led the team in scoring vs ND and got 18 points. These games don't count? That's not "stepping up big" vs good competition? So the two games in final four are the only reason to say "she doesn't step up in big games?' Yet in the two final fours she she got 15 and 16 points and shot 50% from the field and 50% from 3 and averaged 6 rebounds. It's not like she stunk.

Gonna miss Lou and Pheesa. Hopefully they got two more w's left in them.

Reaction Score
Well, this Boneyarder was happy to point out that she will make an awesome pro. And IMHO, the performance by Napheesa during this tournament has made a believer out of me in terms of her prospects of becoming a pro star.

Reaction Score
I'm glad I didn't read it. It's such nonsense. IMO there i no reason for anyone to post "she doesn't step up in big games." How would you even categorize "a big game?" I also got upset when earlier this year someone posted that fans don't get hard on Lou because they envision her as their daughter (I found the post to be outrageous and insulting.) . I just think some fans just for some reason invent reasons not to like her. Of all things though-- it's UCONN fans. On another thread below some UCLA fan was apparently acknowledging that he or she said it too but even after the latest game that poster said to paraphrase "she doesn't always play well in these type of games."

Just even down to the end -- you got to pull teeth- and even then- some will still have to find something nit-pick to say. Who plays well "always?" It's just a refusal to give Lou full acknowledgement even something so small there must be a dig. I'm hoping that a vats majority of fans said no way in hell to that supposition.

Last year she got 26 points vs Louisville / led the team in scoring. Led the team in scoring vs Texas in which UCONN was threatened to lose - she got 19. Last year vs ND in reg season she led the team in scoring vs ND and got 18 points. These games don't count? That's not "stepping up big" vs good competition? So the two games in final four are the only reason to say "she doesn't step up in big games?' Yet in the two final fours she she got 15 and 16 points and shot 50% from the field and 50% from 3 and averaged 6 rebounds. It's not like she stunk.

Gonna miss Lou and Pheesa. Hopefully they got two more w's left in them.
KLS, of course, played well in both those semi final games. She just took only 22 shots in 90 minutes. That is mainly due to (1) being a team first player and (2) her teammates ignoring her when she cuts and posts up (has been going on for her entire career). You can't get blood out of a rock, especially when you can't even have the rock in the first place. What she showed and proved again in this brilliant performance is that she is the most versatile player in the country and that she is the most important player in relation to the success of her team. The dismissing of her great soon to be 3-time All-American career by the talking heads and virtually everyone is ridiculous. Lawson was referring to her as if she was some one dimensional role player. While as a former good player Lawson may inject some worthwhile insight she still has shown a lack of back round knowledge of at least one of the current great players. KLS was not referred to being a 2-time AA even once during the telecast. To continually put Durr and Collier on a level higher than KLS was a lack of presenting the facts to the audience. Even this season she made the Naismith semi final ten list just like Collier and Durr. All this under-appreciation despite her all-around numbers being superior to Durr's. Just look them up. Finally, at the end, her great FT shooting which has been ignored all season was finally mentioned.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Leadership. (from Jeff Jacobs article)

1554126206037.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Of course I’m ecstatic about Lou’s performance yesterday. As a parent of a former college athlete, I’m also incredibly happy for the Samuelson family. When your child plays sports, you live and die with their achievements.

When I saw John & Karlie Samuelson, Lou’s father & sister at the AAC tournament supporting the team and Lou, who was not going to play, it was both a wonderful gesture on their part, and also sad at the same time. During the first 3 games of the tournament, Lou was not 100% and clearly struggled to help her team.

Yesterday’s game was great for the team, the fans and for Lou. It also had to be a joy and relief to John Samuelson and his family to watch his little girl overcome her pain and doubt to register a performance for the ages, on the biggest stage when her team absolutely needed her.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Leadership. (from Jeff Jacobs article)

View attachment 41679
You don't see this stuff in a box score or stat sheet. So if a player is having an off night, filling that stat sheet, there are other ways to lead. Hopefully Walker and Williams will be the leader for the future Huskies and pass on the leadership they learned from Lou and Phesia.

Reaction Score
I was very pleased for Lou. She had the injury during the tournament during her freshman year and she had to endure the two heartbreaking losses after her sophomore and junior years. If she was unable to play up to her true form due to injury, that would have bothered her for years to come. Yesterday's performance was heroic and fueled the victory. This is a team that is earning everything it gets. Nothing has come easy. Here's hoping number 12 is on the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom