To all the Lou doubters | The Boneyard

To all the Lou doubters

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1554056843580.png

"Not ready for it all to end"​

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A few post game thoughts -
1. When shots are falling like they were today, UConn usually wins.
2. Collier had a quiet double-double (12/13), but together she and Lou lead this team to victory.
3. Redemption is sweet. This win gives the team a BIG shot of confidence going forward to next week.
4. The UConn fans in attendance got their money's worth this weekend.
5. Christyn didn't play like a freshman today. 16/7/3.
6. As so many posters suggested, Durr was kept under control this time. No one else stepped up for them.
8. UConn wilted a bit in the final minutes, but gallantly and courageously fought their way back with a refuse to lose resolve. Kudos to the starters. Everyone (except Lou) played 40 minutes as the bench was not able to give them any support today. ONO had 1 block off the bench in 8 minutes today. Zeros across the rest of the board.
7. UConn Nation has a ticket punched for the final four where anything can happen. Four down, two to go. The dream is still alive!! ;)
8. In various media articles posted yesterday and this morning, it's confirmed that Lou is still hurting as many posters concluded.
9. Today turned out to be a pretty good day. :D

Last thought - I'm a huge UConn fan but............................ I must admit, and I'm doing it publicly, during the dog days of summer past, when we (the Boneyard collective) were trying to figure things out, there were so many unknowns then that I honestly had my doubts THIS team would make it this far.

We had just lost Gabby and Kia. We were trying to figure out who was going to replace their production and leadership. Geno has done it again. He knew where this team needed to be come March, and got 'er done. I'm a believer now!! I can’t help it, I’m from Missouri. ;)

This team brings to mind that old adage NEVER underestimate the heart of a champion. Now it's on to Tampa next weekend, and everybody is invited!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I don't think "real" UConn fans doubted her will to win......................it really came down to how much she could overcome the back injury.......................based on the UCLA game it didn't seem like she was going to be her old self again.......................glad to see that reports of her demise were greatly exaggerated.....................of course the same questions about her health will start all over again in the next round...........

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Lou "doubters" were the ones that knew she had this game in her. That another UCLA game wasn't going to fly against Louisville. It was great to see her bring her A game today for two reasons: One, they don't win without it and second, I think another clunker and a team loss would have hurt her legacy. Now she has a chance to join the pantheon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom