OT: - To all of the NY/Connecticut Boneyarders out there | The Boneyard

OT: To all of the NY/Connecticut Boneyarders out there

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Went out to the store tonight out of a general sense of obligation to make some sort of protective gesture to reassure the family in the face of the blizzard.

Came home with bacon, a new corkscrew and some gum.

Kinda feel like a hero, but I'm downplaying it.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'm hunkering down, atm, and will probably be this way for a while as I've lost feeling in my lower legs.

Reaction Score
Went out at 4:45 AM to shovel. I was outside longer than I would have liked. I just looked outside, and all that schit is covered. The office closed today but I'd rather be at work. Head bang

Reaction Score
How long this going to take to clean up? I need a blood test tomorrow morning.

Reaction Score
Those guys get kind of blase' over snowy weather...(I kind of almost think that Fishy's comment was straight up).

Reaction Score
Those guys get kind of blase' over snowy weather...(I kind of almost think that Fishy's comment was straight up).
Are you surprised? Look at what extents people go over college athletics....

Reaction Score
Went out to the store tonight out of a general sense of obligation to make some sort of protective gesture to reassure the family in the face of the blizzard.

Came home with bacon, a new corkscrew and some gum.

Kinda feel like a hero, but I'm downplaying it.

had the cork screw - 4 bottles of wine - have a jug of A'bunadh for happy hour... (never had a drop until I joined the BY...)

Reaction Score
WVU taking the bus to Buffalo....maybe fans are lining up in a convoy behind the plow.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
had the cork screw - 4 bottles of wine - have a jug of A'bunadh for happy hour... (never had a drop until I joined the BY...)

I got the kind of corkscrew that you use on older wine bottles where the cork may break up. It's not really a corkscrew, but I don't know what else to call it - it kinda has two flat prongs that slide down the cork to free it up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It was. The fortunate can be blasé. But it is definitely a dangerous storm for some people in less fortunate circumstances - we have 15" of snow already and the proper blizzard is still winding up.

Roads are closed and the plows have temporarily have admitted defeat.

But for most of the people here, today is a mini-holiday. We're warm, we're inside and the biggest danger we'll face today is the internet going down and taking Netflix with it.

So far, the biggest impact the storm has had on me is that I had the time to use the Aeropress this morning instead of the Keurig.

Reaction Score
I am definitely on the better side of the storm... very happy about that
NBC/NYC News team 4 was doing their damnedest to make sleet/rain sound like the seventh seal was being broken and Armageddon was upon us this morning. Not saying it is not dangerous out there, but they did their best to scare the bejeezes out of people.

Oh well, this bloody mary isn't going to drink itself... I have to get back to it. Be safe everyone.

Reaction Score
I am definitely on the better side of the storm... very happy about that
NBC/NYC News team 4 was doing their damnedest to make sleet/rain sound like the seventh seal was being broken and Armageddon was upon us this morning. Not saying it is not dangerous out there, but they did their best to scare the bejeezes out of people.

Oh well, this bloody mary isn't going to drink itself... I have to get back to it. Be safe everyone.
Eastern Long Island - 4 inches of snow by 7am, 10 inches of rain since. Nice call ABC7 - big storm!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eastern Long Island - 4 inches of snow by 7am, 10 inches of rain since. Nice call ABC7 - big storm!

10 inches of rain? Who is in charge of building the ark?

Reaction Score
Sounds like some of you guys lucked out. We are pushing 18 inches with drifts easily 2.5+ feet. I have been outside 3 times and will go out again soon. Anybody on the roads be safe and try and stay warm.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
about 7 inches south of boston but the rain on top made the snowblowing/shoveling rough. There's a puddle at the end of my driveway 3-4 inches deep.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So far, the biggest impact the storm has had on me is that I had the time to use the Aeropress this morning instead of the Keurig.

This makes me smile.

Reaction Score
There is faith and then there is faith....

I was on the way down mountain to the store yesterday, here in North Carolina...It was snowing lightly but in a blowing sideways wind. As I was crossing the Fire's Creek bridge, I noticed some people on the bank looking in the river.

There, standing thigh deep in a snow melt enhanced flow, were two men. As I watched, one dipped the other backwards into that icy water. "OMG, a full immersion baptism in water that is near ice and while a frigid, cutting wind is pushing snow".

I guess that icy water sure would drive out all demons and sin...in high school, the Jesuits seemed to recommend cold showers, I guess for the same purpose.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I assume you have one?

I not only have one, I have one of the originals that wasn't BPA-free. I've been doing the inverted method for years. Greatest travel accessory ever invented.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom