TN/Baylor game today...... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TN/Baylor game today......

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Woman in the glasses is Kathy Harston, Dir of BBall Operations. That's the role Jack Eisenmann used to have on Geno's staff. She is formerly an asst under Jody Conradt at Texas.

No Simmons so far in the 2nd half.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Massengale hasn't attempted a shot closer than 19 feet from the basket.

Spani keeping Tennessee in front.

Reaction Score
Griner using her off arm to hook around the defender on her last two buckets, last time I checked you couldn't do that. And therein lies my concern moving forward over the next two seasons when facing Baylor.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Woman in the glasses is Kathy Harston, Dir of BBall Operations. That's the role Jack Eisenmann used to have on Geno's staff. She is formerly an asst under Jody Conradt at Texas.

No Simmons so far in the 2nd half.
Jack used to sit at the end of the bench and look into the huddles and do nothing else. His replacement doesn't even sit on the bench as far as I know. So Ms. Harston is certainly much more active, whether or not it's permitted.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'm impressed that the coaching staff has had the discipline to keep her out.
I think DeMoss would just as soon not play her at all. I saw her blasting Simmons pretty good last time she came out of the game back in the first half.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Massengale's shot selection is horrible at this stage. Just horrible.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Griner using her off arm to hook around the defender on her last two buckets, last time I checked you couldn't do that. And therein lies my concern moving forward over the next two seasons when facing Baylor.
that was Tina's signature move

Reaction Score
I think DeMoss would just as soon not play her at all. I saw her blasting Simmons pretty good last time she came out of the game back in the first half.

She brought some much needed energy in the 1st half, but I really have been struck by how much a ball hog she is. There really isn't a shot she doesn't like.

Reaction Score
Massengale's shot selection is horrible at this stage. Just horrible.

Massengale & Simmons = 2-22
And yet TN is in this until the end.

If their guards improve just a little, TN becomes quite dangerous.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Massengale hasn't attempted a shot closer than 19 feet from the basket.

Massengale: 4 points, 4 assists, 4 PF's, 1 TO. And she did not exactly shine on defense, and she still gives up her dribble too quickly to stop their half court offense. Some of us were saying that Baugh would be far more important to the LV's this year than a frosh point guard, and we were right.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
i missed the first 5 minutes, but from what I have seen, Sims is not ready to play in a hostile environment. Has she dome anything positive at all?
how about that ft shooting... ice in those veins of hers

Reaction Score
Massengale: 4 points, 4 assists, 4 PF's, 1 TO. And she did not exactly shine on defense, and she still gives up her dribble too quickly to stop their half court offense. Some of us were saying that Baugh would be far more important to the LV's this year than a frosh point guard, and we were right.

I dunno about that. Having Massengale allowed them to bench Simmons in the 2nd half.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tenn took 81 shots in the game compared to 6o shot attempts for Baylor. Tenn created enough extra possessions to win the game but just didn't shoot the ball well enough. For the second consecutive game, Tenn's guards shoot terribly and Simmons ends up spending a lot of minutes on the bench.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I dunno about that. Having Massengale allowed them to bench Simmons in the 2nd half.
OK, she's better than Bass. Thanks for the reminder.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Win by Baylor. Tenn played them tough and if Tenn plays like they did today the rest of the season, they have a great chance at the Final Four. Griner and made Free Throws the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
What happened to Burdick? Is she injured? She was supposed to be a star.

Reaction Score
Tennessee played alot better then I thought they were capable of doing. I'm not sure anyone is going to beat Baylor this year. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on December 18th when UCONN plays them.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Baylor had Griner and Tennessee didn't.

Tennessee had Simmons and Baylor didn't.

Reaction Score
Got to give TN credit. They played very well! I do think that this game was more about Balor beating itself with lazy effort on the defensive rebounds in the first half while TN was highly motivated. Baugh, Spani, Strikland, Johnson and Ariel are all very good players and when they play to their potential there is no reason why TN does not make the Final 4 this season. Baylor IMO is the number 1 team in the country and there is no one close at this point. Maybe inFebruary/March when our young team figured out how the pieces fit, Uconn can challenge Baylor.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What happened to Burdick? Is she injured? She was supposed to be a star.

I was told that despite her HG ranking Burdick is more of a complementary player than an impact player. I haven't seen her play enough to know whether that's an accurate assessment or not. I am surprised that she hasn't played more minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom