Titanic Submarine | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Titanic Submarine

Reaction Score
Not seeing any "deification" of them, but there is sympathy for the families and especially the 19 year old. He wasn't old enough to understand the risks. His father should have. For most of them it wasn't their first trip down, which probably gave them a false sense of safety. Obviously there was some wear and tear on the sub that lead to the implosion. It was a very risky venture under any circumstances.
People whose first thought here is to belittle the intelligence of the victims are likely either rationalizing why it could never happen to them or not as intelligent as they think.

I’m not saying this is 100% hindsight or that there were no valid concerns, but even the smart people who backed out questioned their own intelligence at the time. For every predictable disaster there are about a million that don’t happen. Again, obviously the odds of disaster were probably much higher than that in this case, but so was the assumed risk. People talk about the five deceased like they were hopelessly naive and I don’t think that’s accurate.

Reaction Score
I think two things are true:

a) it is sad when people die
b) If you pay (or charge) six figures to visit a sunken gravesite where 1,500 people drowned, in an unregulated submersible piloted by a video game controller and the sub implodes at the bottom of the ocean, then the common courtesy of not making fun of the way people die is not in effect.

So RIP the 19 year old kid who was trying to make his dad happy.

Reaction Score
People whose first thought here is to belittle the intelligence of the victims are likely either rationalizing why it could never happen to them or not as intelligent as they think.

I’m not saying this is 100% hindsight or that there were no valid concerns, but even the smart people who backed out questioned their own intelligence at the time. For every predictable disaster there are about a million that don’t happen. Again, obviously the odds of disaster were probably much higher than that in this case, but so was the assumed risk. People talk about the five deceased like they were hopelessly naive and I don’t think that’s accurate.
I feel comfortable saying it unequivocally could never happen to me.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is my question about these deep water excursions.

None of these animals under the water come at them during these trips??

Reaction Score

They may have been academically or business smart, but their common and technical sense obviously left a lot to be desired if they really believed that was a safe vehicle in which to take such a risky and dangerous trip.

Reaction Score
If you understand the shiny object the legacy media wants you to focus on, then you’ll realize you need to focus on other stories that they don’t want the masses focusing on. The US military knew it imploded hours after it launched folks.
Yep, just like the magician: "Watch my left hand, but ignore what is going on with my right hand."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you understand the shiny object the legacy media wants you to focus on, then you’ll realize you need to focus on other stories that they don’t want the masses focusing on. The US military knew it imploded hours after it launched folks.

Umm we talked about this yesterday.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
If the military knew about who else knew about it? Chinese spy balloon 2.0. Grateful for UConn BB and the Boneyard. Keeps me comfy in an insane world.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Post/handle fail

Reaction Score
Post/handle fail
B4174B08-43E7-4E27-AC8C-494216568F92.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Likely true, but it the sub had been filled with homeless people, the world would still find something to complain about, a someone to blame.

Of course. The narrative would be the wealthy exploiting the poor.

Or,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...our-interview-titan-sub-response/70350438007/

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And it appears 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea isn’t the only place billionaires die from thrill seeking.

Here's a hint. When you are 70 years old, unless your last name is Foyt or Andretti, you shouldn't be racing cars.

Reaction Score
Good grief...maybe these folks need to give the boring life a shot, a real shot.... instead of running away from it all their lives.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom