Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy | The Boneyard

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
May be the best spy movie I have ever seen. The acting is amazing, the pacing is perfect, the plot twists are both surprising and totally believable. It is on Netflix. I strongly recommend it.

Agreed. Very well done with a great cast. The BBC miniseries from the late 70's was better in some ways, but slower paced.

Reaction Score
It's been out for a while right? I've never seen it thanks I will go find it on Netflix when I need something new.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It's been out for a while right? I've never seen it thanks I will go find it on Netflix when I need something new.

Yeah. It's not new. The old one is interesting too, because it takes place in period.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Agreed, this was a good one. I really liked the ending sequence.

♪ La Mer ♪

Also here's a little Vimeo on technical details of the runway scene....spoilers though.

Reaction Score
One of those technically sound, great acting and horribly boring move that doesn't get enough credit because it's too yawnish. I liked it because I appreciate that, but I'm weird like that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One of those technically sound, great acting and horribly boring move that doesn't get enough credit because it's too yawnish. I liked it because I appreciate that, but I'm weird like that.

I could sit through 10 TTSS movies before 1 Avengers film. Every scene, every line, even every reaction meant something in TTSS. There wasn't a lot of action, but I didn't think the movie was boring at all.

Reaction Score
Great read for anyone interested in the topic: A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal by Ben Macintyre

The character Bill Haydon (played by Colin Firth) is based on Kim Philby.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I could sit through 10 TTSS movies before 1 Avengers film. Every scene, every line, even every reaction meant something in TTSS. There wasn't a lot of action, but I didn't think the movie was boring at all.

Watch the BBC version then, it's even more that way. Alec Guinness's portrayal of Smiley is simply incredible.

Reaction Score
Best spy book I ever read was "The Company" by Robert Littell. Basically a 50 year almost historical fiction history of the CIA. It was made into a not half bad miniseries with Chris O'Donnell and Michael Keaton as James Jesus Angleton. JJA has to be one of the most interesting Americans that not too many people know about.

If you don't know about Kim Philby and you want to read this then don't read anything else about Kim Philby until you read this book.

It deals with the real life multi decade mole hunt and shows just how insane that world was during the Cold War.

This book is so good that when Littell was doing book signings for this CIA people were always there because he completely nailed the story.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Agreed, this was a good one. I really liked the ending sequence.

♪ La Mer ♪

The Iglesias version is the only version of that song that I like, but that version is pretty good. I agree that the ending montage is awesome.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Very well done with a great cast. The BBC miniseries from the late 70's was better in some ways, but slower paced.

"slower paced"? Ouch... TTSS was not for me but I liked some of the characters, admittedly wonder how such an excellent cast could be that disappointing. Mark Strong should be getting larger roles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom