Tina Charles & Diana Taurasi are officially Teammates !! | The Boneyard

Tina Charles & Diana Taurasi are officially Teammates !!

Reaction Score

So excited to see Tina , Diana and Kia Nurse all on the same team. Sucks They had to trade Bria to bring Tina but it will benefit them in the short run !!

Reaction Score
I always love when former Huskies get to play together even if they're not from the same time frame. And when they are it is even cooler- about 10 years ago the Storm had Sue Bird, Swin Cash & Svetlana Abrosimova on the roster & they even won a championship :)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
so you dont root for diana ?
It's a tough choice for a UConn supporter. Seattle has Sue, Stewie, and Gabby, Minnesota has Phessa and Chrystal (and technically Maya). UConn alums are scattered throughout the league.

Reaction Score
It's a tough choice for a UConn supporter. Seattle has Sue, Stewie, and Gabby, Minnesota has Phessa and Chrystal (and technically Maya). UConn alums are scattered throughout the league.
And now 2 teams that didn't have UConn players on, will. Bria with the Fever and KLS with the Sparks...

Reaction Score
so you dont root for diana ?
Let's just say that there are a few teams that I really like and will root for, and Phoenix is not one of those. My feelings re Griner and Diggins-Smith are too much to overcome. My feelings re Taurasi are not a factor.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Let's just say that there are a few teams that I really like and will root for, and Phoenix is not one of those. My feelings re Griner and Diggins-Smith are too much to overcome. My feelings re Taurasi are not a factor.
I've always liked Griner and SDS is actually starting to grow on me. Now if it was CP and Arike that's in PHX instead of Griner/SDS, regardless of how I feel about DT I will never root for that team.

Reaction Score
Wow, Phoenix is looking pretty good. Turner is one of my favorite players, but her lack of offense definitely hurts them. Phoenix also lacked a consistent 3. Nurse and Cunningham had their moments, and Walker was never up for the the challenge. Diamond is also inconsistent, but she is an upgrade at the 3 for Phoenix. I could also see them playing big with Turner at the 3.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Superteam?
FKxeg_ZWYAEKKgq.jpg

tcno2fan

Tina Charles No. 2 Fan
Reaction Score
I am SO happy, to call me excited is an understatement!!!!! Can't wait for May :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And now 2 teams that didn't have UConn players on, will. Bria with the Fever and KLS with the Sparks...
It will give me more of a reason to go to the games. Couldn't stand LA when Parker was on the team, and they have never been a franchise that had lots of UCONN alums, so the only time I'd go to a game was when Seattle or Phx, etc. was in town.

The Fever is another franchise that just has never gone out of their way to get UCONN alums on the roster. Glad that's been rectified as well!!

Reaction Score
Pretty nice addition for the Mercury.
Super teams usually aren't as great as their individual parts. The Lakers didn't win a Championship with Chamberlain, Baylor, West, Goodrich, and Hairston. That was 1970-1971. The next year Baylor retired after 9 games, replaced by McMillan, then went on 33 game win steak.
Then they finally beat Boston for their first. Championship in LA.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Phoenix did some serious trading...Griner, Charles, Taurasi, Nurse, Brianna Turner, Kia Vaughn and Diggins pretty amazing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've always liked Griner and SDS is actually starting to grow on me. Now if it was CP and Arike that's in PHX instead of Griner/SDS, regardless of how I feel about DT I will never root for that team.
I saw SDS and thought, “Is Stacy Dale-Shuman playing again?”.

I wonder what she would say to Diana if they were teammates :p

Reaction Score
Awful news for me. Will be the first time I will find myself not rooting for Tina.
Gotta clarify; of course I'll be rooting for Tina. She's always been a favorite, so tenacious, so hard working. Over the years she had never been on a team that was a favorite, until she got to Washington. Very disappointed that she's leaving Thibeault and Co. So, I hope she plays great, will be rooting hard for her, but will be rooting harder for most any Phoenix opponent to win.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Phoenix did some serious trading...Griner, Charles, Taurasi, Nurse, Brianna Turner, Kia Vaughn and Diggins pretty amazing.

Phoenix traded Kia Vaughn to Atlanta for a 3rd round pick in 2023. The Mercury didn't need her, considering they were working on acquiring Tina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom