Tina and Stewie are a two headed monster (some Sue, Gabby and Tiff here too) | The Boneyard

Tina and Stewie are a two headed monster (some Sue, Gabby and Tiff here too)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So who was the first pair?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
More UConn alums with Tiff “Crash” Hayes

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stewie started out really slow. Without Tina putting her stamp all over the first half, game could have been very different. And at home in front of a record crowd as the Sue Bird tour nears it's end.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some Gabby Williams too. After Stewie’s block, she, Tina, and Sue ran over to high five her. The sisterhood abides.

Reaction Score
Stewie started out really slow. Without Tina putting her stamp all over the first half, game could have been very different. And at home in front of a record crowd as the Sue Bird tour nears it's end.
The most effective 5 yesterday was at end of 3rd and halfway through the 4th. Tina, Stewie, Ezi, Prince and January. Spacing on offense was good, all five were able to beat their defender and score. All 5 defended well. Hope we see more of that lineup.

Reaction Score
After watching Seattle play Phoenix and Atlanta I got to wondering if any other pro team besides Seattle has had four (or five!) UConn players on the floor at the same time. With D on the floor for Phoenix and Tiff for Atlanta there were five between both teams. Is that the most ever?

Reaction Score
Storm's 4 starters are from UConn, Stewie, Tina, Sue and Gabby. Must be a record.

Reaction Score

What a great evening for Huskies watching across the country ! So happy the greatness of the one and only Tina Charles had an entire half to itself. And, deep into the second half, with the game still in the balance, the 41 year old threw one in from somewhere in the second row. And some of the 12,000 hadn’t sat back down when the most-decorated Connecticut player of all time followed suit. And how tough is Tiff ? Someone stronger than Stewey (good luck) will have to find out.
National Champions from Storrs as far as the eye could see.

Reaction Score
I just saw the stat sheet. Rhyne Howard shot 30 fga. What's going on for this team?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The play where Stewie blocked Naz Hillman - and blocked the ball off Hillman's face - what an awesome play. "Not in my house" as they say! I know it was just a couple of highlight reels, but Stewie and Tina - when they are both playing well, hard to stop!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just saw the stat sheet. Rhyne Howard shot 30 fga. What's going on for this team?
....And a child shall lead them. She's a rookie and is already the team leader and their "go-to" player. I'm not surprised that she having the success she's having. She displayed that same "moxie" at Kentucky. I figured it would translate over to the WNBA. Look at Katie Lou. She's finally got her sea legs in the league. She is a starter and a go-to player for the Sparks. Same thing with Arie McDonald (Arizona) and Naz Hillmon (Michigan) of the Atlanta Dream. Hillmon has become a starter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom