Timeline To The End | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Timeline To The End

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
This weepy nonsense about Kevin Ollie being family is just dopey. He is s failed basketball coach. It has zero to do with whether he was s good player or a nice guy. Hell, Dom Perno was an all time great UConn player who led UConnto its deepest NCAA run pre Calhoun. And a very nice guy. But nobody got all weepy and maudlin when he got fired. He was s failed coach and it was time for him to be replaced. By a guy who’s only connection to UConn was he used to beat them and who if he had his wish would have been coaching in Chestnut Hill not Storrs. So let’s drop the poor Widdle Kevin is famawy crap and accept things for what they are. He is a highly paid basketball coach who’s job it is to win games and build a team that competes for championships. He hasn’t done that well so he is going to be replaced.
Seems to me like you swallow a lot of aggression, Scoot.

Reaction Score
Hypothetical:

Adams returns & we add a projected (this year) 1st team All-SEC big on the grad transfer market.

Do you keep Ollie under that hypothetical?

Reaction Score
That what they said about AG for two years now and he has been a total flame out. (Yeah, yeah, I know his shoulder hurts).
Shoulder hurts? What a disgrace. You couldn't hold that kid's jock strap on your best day.

Reaction Score
I don’t think that would do it.
I don't think it matters who he brings in unless there are at least two true 5* players on the floor with at least one decent big man that can score and impact the outcome irrespective of KO's incompetence.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hypothetical:

Adams returns & we add a projected (this year) 1st team All-SEC big on the grad transfer market.

Do you keep Ollie under that hypothetical?

Of course not. Ollie might manage a third place finish in the American if he had a lower level NBA roster. Like the Knicks.

That All SEC Big would never touch the ball, if he played at all.

Reaction Score
Derek Kellogg wasn't fired with a $10M buyout, and Derek Kellogg wasn't a coach on two national championship teams at that school. Not exactly like circumstances. I agree KO needs to go, but I severely doubt he'd be canned the second they get off the plane from the AAC tournament. A buyout would have to be negotiated and I'm SURE if they get to that point where the agreement is reached and he is indeed let go, the school will do so very graciously. KO absolutely must go, but his accomplishments as a player and a coach cannot be ignored. He loves the school and the program as much as anyone and deserves to be given a respectful sendoff that acknowledges all that he's achieved here.

As a percentage - Kellogg's buyout was crippling by UMass' standards. Maybe more so as their football program is literally beginning to weigh down the University as a whole, not just the AD. And he was an assistant to their best coach ever, who came recommended by him, who grew up in the region, played at UMass under said Coach and was a central part of 2 of the best 3 teams the school ever had. And was beloved by the boosters and in the community.

So similar.

And my point wasn't that Ollie should be fired in that way. It's that he's going to get fired. There's lots of stories like Ollie's that don't end well. I know failure is a foreigner to a lot of Huskies fans until recently - but this is what happens.

Reaction Score
I don't think it matters who he brings in unless there are at least two true 5* players on the floor with at least one decent big man that can score and impact the outcome irrespective of KO's incompetence.

Here's an idea, how about KO bring in a head coach that can do, well you know what a head coach does.

1) Identify talent to fill defined roles
2) Create plans to improve and expand players skill sets
3) Have a viable game plan
4) Make in game adjustments

I kid, I kid.....well kind of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members