Timeline To The End | The Boneyard

Timeline To The End

Reaction Score
Just wondering how this is going to play out to the end of the season and the next couple months. We have Houston and Temple, doesn’t matter what happens and then KO is terminated. We need to have a coach in place immediately to try to keep the incoming recruits. Any long coaching search spells disaster for the players on the roster and new ones.
This means of course that the new coaches contract has to be in place from the start. Can Benedict talk to coaches before the season ends or must he wait until their teams are out of any post season play? KO can be talked to after our first AAC tournament game and elimination, but second game for sure. Once KO is fired the players both old and incoming are told a new and better coach is in place, maybe Akinjo and Matthews stay. Worried about a long and protracted search.

Reaction Score
Just wondering how this is going to play out to the end of the season and the next couple months. We have Houston and Temple, doesn’t matter what happens and then KO is terminated. We need to have a coach in place immediately to try to keep the incoming recruits. Any long coaching search spells disaster for the players on the roster and new ones.
This means of course that the new coaches contract has to be in place from the start. Can Benedict talk to coaches before the season ends or must he wait until their teams are out of any post season play? KO can be talked to after our first AAC tournament game and elimination, but second game for sure. Once KO is fired the players both old and incoming are told a new and better coach is in place, maybe Akinjo and Matthews stay. Worried about a long and protracted search.

Benedict knows what he's doing.

I wouldn't expect more than 48 hours between KO's ouster and a new coach being announced.

Reaction Score
Benedict knows what he's doing.

I wouldn't expect more than 48 hours between KO's ouster and a new coach being announced.
that would mean we didn't get Hurley. We're not going to announce a coach if they're in the NCAA tournament

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It may take some time (weeks) from when the season ends until we hear about the official KO departure and then the new hire but my guess is that we will have everything completed behind the scenes (including securing KO's replacement) before anything is made public.

Reaction Score
If KO is let go or forced to leave I wouldn't expect a new coach to be named the next day. Bedides, Hurley is too smart to jump till he sees what other options open up when the season ends. With some of the higher profile schools possibly looking for a new head coach he would be smart to wait.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind those pesky CT statutes that require posting a job for X number of days before new coach is hired and announced.

This could give us some lag time but I’d bet the deal is done or close to it already. They can’t wait, and I doubt Hurley waits to take over a program being investigated by the FBI.

Reaction Score
that would mean we didn't get Hurley. We're not going to announce a coach if they're in the NCAA tournament

Who said we have to make the KO announcement right away?

Reaction Score
I'm not following?
I read tens post wrong. I thought he said he expected Ollie to be fired and a new coach to be named within 48 hours after the season ends. Not 48 hours between Ollie's firing and a new hiring. If KO gets canned the day after URI loses (or somehow wins) in the NCAA tournament then it'd probably be very good news.

Reaction Score
If KO is let go or forced to leave I wouldn't expect a new coach to be named the next day. Bedides, Hurley is too smart to jump till he sees what other options open up when the season ends. With some of the higher profile schools possibly looking for a new head coach he would be smart to wait.
Hurley has an incredible relationship with "Fatts" Russell. Those 2 are about as close a player and coach can get. Rumor has it that he loves "Fatts" even more than E.C. Hurley is not a perfect coach and he is still growing. One thing about Hurley is the guy LOVES and bonds to his players as much or more than any other coach. The players consider his wife "mom". They still return four solid players plus a good recruiting class.

Leaving URI will be a very emotional ending for Hurley IF it happens.

Reaction Score
Hurley has an incredible relationship with "Fatts" Russell. Those 2 are about as close a player and coach can get. Rumor has it that he loves "Fatts" even more than E.C. Hurley is not a perfect coach and he is still growing. One thing about Hurley is the guy LOVES and bonds to his players as much or more than any other coach. The players consider his wife "mom". They still return four solid players plus a good recruiting class.

Wasn't it being discussed if a coach leaves a player can transfer without having to sit out a year? Perhaps Fatts can follow him to UConn?

Reaction Score

Hurley's wife is cool.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind those pesky CT statutes that require posting a job for X number of days before new coach is hired and announced.
But how did that work when Calhoun abruptly retired and Ollie was named head coach? Was there any kind of job posting before Ollie got his long-term contract?

Reaction Score

Akinjo isn’t coming if Ollie is gone. He straight up said he was coming because of coach Ollie.

Reaction Score
If Ollie is gone program will be all new guys next year. The only reason some stayed in 2012 was because they knew Ollie because he was an assistant. Ollie is gone, complete rebuild.

Reaction Score
If Ollie is gone program will be all new guys next year. The only reason some stayed in 2012 was because they knew Ollie because he was an assistant. Ollie is gone, complete rebuild.

I think AG, diarra, Carlton, polley, Whaley, Williams and possibly Adams return if Ollie is gone. Cobb and Larrier I think will be gone regardless. Matthews and kisunas may be salvageable out of the class...this isn’t based on anything but gut feeling btw

Reaction Score
Akinjo could be saved by the right coach, but it’s a long shot. Hopefully, we’ll get a coach that can bring a couple players with him. Hurley has a class of four coming to URI including a PG, SF, PF and SG. All have good size.

Attachments

• E1BDFCB3-8E08-4325-A232-842A7B337FC8.jpeg
    E1BDFCB3-8E08-4325-A232-842A7B337FC8.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Benedict sat in his seat emotionless during the entire game. No reaction to any part of the game. That says it all to me.
JimOllieHurley?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are a lot of posters on this board that are spending money that UConn doesn't have on a buyout of Ollie's contract. Benedict may have decided UConn will fire Ollie, but that contract is a huge factor for UConn, no matter how bad Ollie is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom