Time Zones | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Time Zones

Reaction Score
A little time zone brain teaser: Lauren and Alice are talking long distance on the phone. Lauren is in an East-Coast US state which borders the Atlantic Ocean, and Alice is in a West-Coast state which borders the Pacific Ocean. Lauren asks Alice: "What time is it?" Alice replies and Lauren says: "That's really odd. It's the same time here!" How can this be?

Reaction Score
A little time zone brain teaser: Lauren and Alice are talking long distance on the phone. Lauren is in an East-Coast US state which borders the Atlantic Ocean, and Alice is in a West-Coast state which borders the Pacific Ocean. Lauren asks Alice: "What time is it?" Alice replies and Lauren says: "That's really odd. It's the same time here!" How can this be?

Western Florida and eastern Oregon are the same time zone for about an hour a year. Only certain counties I think fit this criteria though.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

They are talking to each other in the middle of the night in the Fall. Part of Florida (bordered by the Atlantic) is in the central time zone and part of Oregon (Pacific Ocean) is in the Mountain time zone. For 1 hour, the Mountain and Central time zones are the same.

Reaction Score
I live in EST and don't care what happens in CST. This is why we should be the Big EAST. I also have a 710 tee time tomorrow morning and am already thinking I will play like crap. Can we lose the CST teams? I'll even take Temple
It’s 7* here, so I really can’t feel sorry for your early tee time.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They are talking to each other in the middle of the night in the Fall. Part of Florida (bordered by the Atlantic) is in the central time zone and part of Oregon (Pacific Ocean) is in the Mountain time zone. For 1 hour, the Mountain and Central time zones are the same.
I thought the answer was going to be, "Well, it's 5 O'clock somewhere," with "Same here" as the reply.

Reaction Score
There are various South American countries with west coasts on the Pacific in the same time zone as US east coast states. Maybe Alice is in one of those.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The fact is, the State of Indiana is Bizzaro Land, when it comes to time zones.

There are still some areas in the state that "stay put". Keeping their clocks the same, year round. Some of the year they on Eastern time. Some on Central.

But they never change their clocks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When you travel the Panama Canal from Atlantic to Pacific you travel west to east.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
When you travel the Panama Canal from Atlantic to Pacific you travel west to east.
Technically you enter heading due south and exit heading SE But yes, you do exit east of where you started. ;)

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So I made my tee time. Very cold (58) and windy (14-30). Played like crap but luckily so did everyone else and I lulled out low net. I was wearing my lucky RU golf shirt!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom