Time Zones | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Time Zones

Reaction Score
Depends what part of PA you're from. Same time zone here in Pittsburgh as CT, but go into the middle of the state and it's still the 1930s.
Pennsyltucky. Luckily I've never spent time in the middle of the state.

Reaction Score
Late start Gave me a chance to watch Purdue vs IU berfore our game. I don’t usually watch other teams. Wanted to see Zach Edy. He is big , good but not great.

makes me wonder how we will play Clingan (not saying he will be equal to Edy).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't like the 9:00 tips (especially since they are almost always delayed), but it isn't the end of the world. Actual Pacific time games would suck.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And here I am in Florida and have to drive 2 hours to the east to get in to eastern time zone.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I live in EST and don't care what happens in CST. This is why we should be the Big EAST. I also have a 710 tee time tomorrow morning and am already thinking I will play like crap. Can we lose the CST teams? I'll even take Temple
2 comments.

1. We played St John's at 8:30 due to Fox, so it's not just a time zone thing.
2. Why didn't you check the basketball schedule before getting a 7:10 tee time. Seems like you're anger is misplaced.

On a related note, I do appreciate your ability to put out pre-emptive excuses. Every golfer can learn from this, myself included. I'm thinking I should find something to cover me for the entire 2022 golf season so it can be a 1 and done.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I live in EST and don't care what happens in CST. This is why we should be the Big EAST. I also have a 710 tee time tomorrow morning and am already thinking I will play like crap. Can we lose the CST teams? I'll even take Temple
You set yourself up to play like crap because you planned to play like crap. Time zones are a poor scapegoat. I have plans to go to the Georgetown game on Tuesday, which won't tip off until after 8:30. Both teams are on the east coast.

20 years ago this game would be on one of the old ESPN+ regional networks and not viewable outside greater Indianapolis or the Hartford DMA. There would have been a slim to no chance you would have been able to watch it anywhere near where a 7:10 tee time is possible on January 21.

Reaction Score
2 comments.

1. We played St John's at 8:30 due to Fox, so it's not just a time zone thing.
2. Why didn't you check the basketball schedule before getting a 7:10 tee time. Seems like you're anger is misplaced.

On a related note, I do appreciate your ability to put out pre-emptive excuses. Every golfer can learn from this, myself included. I'm thinking I should find something to cover me for the entire 2022 golf season so it can be a 1 and done.
Long covid

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And here I am in Florida and have to drive 2 hours to the east to get in to eastern time zone.

It wasn't until my parents moved to coastal S.C. that I really thought about how much further west the southeast is than the northeast. Atlanta lines up with Cincinnati. Charleston is about the same as Pittsburgh.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It wasn't until my parents moved to coastal S.C. that I really thought about how much further west the southeast is than the northeast. Atlanta lines up with Cincinnati. Charleston is about the same as Pittsburgh.

Gets you that extra time on the golf course during the summer playing twilight golf.

Reaction Score
So UCONN should never have a high profile home and home series with the likes of Arizona, Gonzaga or UCLA

Reaction Score
Serious recommendation:

I usually wake up at 5:30 AM for work. I recorded the game, tried to go to bed earlier than normal, woke up at 5 AM and watched the entire game (fast-forwarded through commercials, etc) with plenty of time to get ready for work.

I'll do the same thing for the Georgetown/UConn game. The key is not being near your phone once the game starts live and don't look at it while you are watching in the morning,

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
What will the OP do if the oft-floated idea of New England time ever takes off. It comes up every few years because we don't benefit as much from daylight, being at the far-eastern part of Eastern Time. While it would take some adjusting and the Fairfield County-NYC connection wouldn't like it very much, I wish they would do it. I'd love sunlight until 9:30 in the summer.

Reaction Score
What will the OP do if the oft-floated idea of New England time ever takes off. It comes up every few years because we don't benefit as much from daylight, being at the far-eastern part of Eastern Time. While it would take some adjusting and the Fairfield County-NYC connection wouldn't like it very much, I wish they would do it. I'd love sunlight until 9:30 in the summer.
We would be joining the Atlantic time zone that the Canadian maritime provinces and some islands in the Caribbean use. I think time zone changes require Congressional approval, so it'll happen when voting rights or build back better passes which basically means between next week and never.

Reaction Score
Fun fact - when I was a student at UConn and would tell people I was from Pennsylvania I got asked more than once if it was in a different time zone.
First day at UVA orientation some chick asked me where I was from...told her I'm from CT...she asked me what state that was in...never even got to discussing time zones after that

Reaction Score
Would you like some cheese with your whine? It sounds like a personal problem to me!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
First day at UVA orientation some chick asked me where I was from...told her I'm from CT...she asked me what state that was in...never even got to discussing time zones after that
After her first visit to my sister's cottage north of Ithaca, NY in the heart of Fingers Lakes wine country, my Texas Panhandle-raised girlfriend - who had already lived in CT for a decade - declared it her "favorite part of New England."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After her first visit to my sister's cottage north of Ithaca, NY in the heart of Fingers Lakes wine country, my Texas Panhandle-raised girlfriend - who had already lived in CT for a decade - declared it her "favorite part of New England."
I remember driving out to see UConn play Ohio State. At a joint after the game I was talking to a local and thought I was being witty when I recalled the time that someone asked me if Connecticut was near New England. "Well, it is, isn't it?" came the reply.

It's true, nobody outside knows New England. My best example was on the old Hollywood Squares when the woman went to Wally Cox for the win. "Wally, how many states in New England?" He looks around softly mumbling to himself, "Colorado...Arizona....SIX!"
"Arizona's not in New England, I disagree!" Peter Marshall just smiled shook his admiration. That was some serious Squares right there.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom