Time to Move On... | The Boneyard

Time to Move On...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
After reading links from Florida State's AD and now Michigan St. president I believe saying that either the move to the Big 12 is not economically feasible and/or the Big 10 expansion is off the table, I feel it is best we resign ourselves to fact that for the foreseeable future we are where we are and make the best of it. It is not the best of situations but it should be fine in the short term. We went through this before and will have to do it again with waiting (1, 2, 3 years for the invite somewhere... and somewhere it will be). Lets hope that even if we win our league in these sports, the luster of our former allegiance to the Big East is still there. If we have to wait to long we could be considered just be another mid major who brings nothing to the table. And I look forward to Herbst plan on how this league is going to be innovative and how Manuel shows us it is a good fit for us.

Reaction Score
After reading links from Florida State's AD and now Michigan St. president I believe saying that either the move to the Big 12 is not economically feasible and/or the Big 10 expansion is off the table, I feel it is best we resign ourselves to fact that for the foreseeable future we are where we are and make the best of it. It is not the best of situations but it should be fine in the short term. We went through this before and will have to do it again with waiting (1, 2, 3 years for the invite somewhere... and somewhere it will be). Lets hope that even if we win our league in these sports, the luster of our former allegiance to the Big East is still there. If we have to wait to long we could be considered just be another mid major who brings nothing to the table. And I look forward to Herbst plan on how this league is going to be innovative and how Manuel shows us it is a good fit for us.

We are alone on an Iceberg off the coast of Siberia. UConn's program will wither and be relegated to insignificance. Time to exert non-stop political pressure. Need votes in congress or the Senate, let's talk realignment.

Reaction Score
I have stopped hanging on to every tweet and every piece of information like it is the gospel.

our closest competitors, SU, RU, and Pitt, never accomplished much wall in the Big East. while they will make more money than ue in theie new conferences, I suspect they will end up like Boston College.

hopefully much of the money we're getting from this big east settlement will be reinvested into facilities. most important is that we become the marquee program in this conference. ty as we may,think it is.

Reaction Score
Man your whole statement sounds like youre past depression and into despair. There's too many unknowns right now, just ask HFD, to just surrender, throw in the towel and hope for a miracle. We are still UConn and was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Further expansion will happen. The question is not if, it is a question of when. That timeline will be dependent on the results of the Maryland lawsuit.

If the exit fee is significantly reduced, you will see further expansion within a couple of months of the court decision/agreement.

If the Maryland exit fee is maintained, then it will be a few years until further expansion happens.

But in my mind, expansion will happen again within the next 7 years...it is just a matter of when.

Reaction Score
For today, you mean? How far can you see beyond 20 minutes?
Look. I know I'm new here, but c'mon. What actual evidence is there that the next moves are gonna happen within say the next 3 months. If I'm wron I will be psyched and buy every BYreder a beer when we host Ohio State. Wishful thinking does not equal inevitability. I do believe we we land somewhere, but that time horizon is now pushed back a long time. So we have to make the best of the situation we are in. It sucks. But it is what it is

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Florida State has come out and all but said that they're looking a new homes and that generates this thread?

Trolling duck*s.

Reaction Score
Florida State has come out and all but said that they're looking a new homes and that generates this thread?

Trolling duck*s.
Oh I see. The BY requires some level of ideological purity. Who died an made u uber Husky know it all. FSU made it clear that they want the SEC and thy acknowledged that ain't happening. You keep chanting and lighting candles. Those of us in the real world we keep plugging away, going to game , supporting the team, and pushing our admin to get I done. You go stomp your feet. A**hole

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Oh I see. The BY requires some level of ideological purity. Who died an made u uber Husky know it all. FSU made it clear that they want the SEC and thy acknowledged that ain't happening. You keep chanting and lighting candles. Those of us in the real world we keep plugging away, going to game , supporting the team, and pushing our admin to get I done. You go stomp your feet. A**hole

Whoa. Off base and out of line, superfan.
The thread is alluding to the semenholes pretty much acknowledging they will whore themselves out.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score

Trolling duck*s.

First Here is the AD from today... sorry I said President...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...-t-see-Big-Ten-expanding-again-in-near-future.

Whats with the venom... and how is this being trollish? Do you know what that means? It means people coming on from other sites to stir the pot. These are just facts and nothing else. YOu need to be optimistic but realistic

Here is the Florida St. link. This sounds like second thoughts to me... that 50 Million is weighing hard on their head. Also the failed West Virginia experiment sounds like the costs of travel is also a factor. I wouldn't say that the Fla State is a done deal.... other teams yes but we know they don't want us and if UNC and UVA leave then two of our allies also leave with them... The only thing we know is that we know nothing.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/foo...scusses-state-florida-state-seminoles-program

Reaction Score
The worst thing the UConn administration could do right now is settle and move on. Have to stay on the pier or else we will miss the boat again.

Reaction Score
I share your optimism. I really do. But I'm a logical guy and I need something more i guess that would lead me to think the next CR moves are imminent. I do agree that the MD settlement will have a substantial impact. An I get why everyone in ACC is talking positive so as to not F 'up the MD litigation. They want to accomplish what we may be in t midst of right now, namely sitting on a boat loa of cash from other departure before making re move. I like your posts Fish. HFD too It feels like I am out Teds (old Teds) and arguing it out with my roommates about whether we were going to win the NIT. This is fun!

Reaction Score
FSU AD - "it's not done"
Limbo land translation - "it's def done"

Bozo.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Hoboken you speak like your word is beyond reproach. What on earth do you have that would make you think FSU is leaving that is definitive? We can be optimistic and work the scene from behind the curtain, but if we can't even fill up our arena's and stadium while we are in the big east we have even bigger problems. Why can't posters at least make the best of this situation and support the team regardless of where we are right now. CT fans are so fair whether and to tell you the truth are part of the bigger image problem we have.

NO one is saying just accept fate forever, but I think that some of you are going to have a massive s#%* if and when Cincy is chosen ahead of us not because we are a worse choice, but because we have three major football players that want nothing to do with us. If they don't leave we aren't going anywhere.

Reaction Score
What I read is the AD said they prefer the SEC, but they're not sure if they bring enough money to the party.

Some might say well the SEC can just throw money around, but would they bring enough sets to the table. Enough to pay for themselves and and little more. , that's an interesting question What would the state of Fl do? Would FSU play at 4.so FL plays at 1? Why would Fl,, GA, and SC agree to this? What's in it for them?

I'm not so sure its so simple.

Reaction Score
FSU AD - "it's not done"
Limbo land translation - "it's def done"

Bozo.

Yeah, he definitely didn't say done, I think it sounded like paused. I do worry that it was just an AD playing politics though. We know his fanbase is pissed about how crappy the ACC is, so I could see him trying to glad hand and make sure everyone knows how hard he's trying.

I'd feel a lot better if he hadn't kind of dismissed the B12, just because the more options the better.

Reaction Score
I never said it was done jack*ss. Just not happening anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong

Not that he can't defend himself here but "Limbo Land" is the name of the original poster who said cr was over. He wasn't talking to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom