Time to Move On... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Time to Move On...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry if I misinterpreted mr/mrs limbo land and the other Fairfield guy I apparently enraged. Bottom line, i strongly believe the B1G will never play a game with 14 members. This quote did nothing to change that opinion. And I am sick of all the doomsday . Makes this place unreadable.

Reaction Score
nothing in CR has happened as was debated on-line. ND was the move to seal CR for a long time.
Nobody knows what is going to happen next except those that are going to make something happen (likely nobody on this board)...

That said, Uconn needs to focus on one thing: Winning.

If we continue to win, we'll remain in the national spotlight. Even in this weakened conference. Don't forget, in BB, you have to win the games not the public perception battle.
If we win 10-11 games in FB, maintain a decent OOC schedule, we'll be fine.

Winning will keep fans interested, keep the media interested, and keep Uconn in the spotlight.

Just win and nobody cares about anything else.

Reaction Score
nothing in CR has happened as was debated on-line. ND was the move to seal CR for a long time.
Nobody knows what is going to happen next except those that are going to make something happen (likely nobody on this board)...

That said, Uconn needs to focus on one thing: Winning.

If we continue to win, we'll remain in the national spotlight. Even in this weakened conference. Don't forget, in BB, you have to win the games not the public perception battle.
If we win 10-11 games in FB, maintain a decent OOC schedule, we'll be fine.

Winning will keep fans interested, keep the media interested, and keep Uconn in the spotlight.

Just win and nobody cares about anything else.

I think you nailed it with the winning. Just think Boise. All they did was win and win some more. It's Idaho for God's sake. They created an exciting offense (TV loves offense) and just kept winning. They fattened up on weak competition and then beat a few good or very good teams and climbed the polls.

If we can dominate our conference and hope Weist is at full speed by year 2 we can get the media's attention.

Keep scheduling the MD, MICH, TENN and BYU's and win some, while beating up the newbies. If we can fill the stadium and create momentum........

Gotta have faith. What ever is gonna happen will not change due to any conversation on this board. Why let the CR drive you crazy.

FYI......The ignore button is a beautiful thing. Try it.....you can thank me later.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
After reading links from Florida State's AD and now Michigan St. president I believe saying that either the move to the Big 12 is not economically feasible and/or the Big 10 expansion is off the table, I feel it is best we resign ourselves to fact that for the foreseeable future we are where we are and make the best of it. It is not the best of situations but it should be fine in the short term. We went through this before and will have to do it again with waiting (1, 2, 3 years for the invite somewhere... and somewhere it will be). Lets hope that even if we win our league in these sports, the luster of our former allegiance to the Big East is still there. If we have to wait to long we could be considered just be another mid major who brings nothing to the table. And I look forward to Herbst plan on how this league is going to be innovative and how Manuel shows us it is a good fit for us.

The UC athletic director said the Bearcats are being as pro-active as possible but declined to say which measures officials are taking to ensure that the school ends up in one of the five remaining premier conferences.

“That’s probably not in our best interest for me to answer that question,” Babcock said. “It’s on the top of my list every day. You can get too concerned to where you worry about a lot of things you can’t control. We try to focus every day on what we can control and that’s getting better competitively, facility-wise and all that.”

You are free to move on.

Reaction Score
The UC athletic director said the Bearcats are being as pro-active as possible but declined to say which measures officials are taking to ensure that the school ends up in one of the five remaining premier conferences.

“That’s probably not in our best interest for me to answer that question,” Babcock said. “It’s on the top of my list every day. You can get too concerned to where you worry about a lot of things you can’t control. We try to focus every day on what we can control and that’s getting better competitively, facility-wise and all that.”

You are free to move on.

Being an alum of Cincy and UConn, I have no fear over their outcomes. It may take a while, but it's absurd to think that one of these conferences would truly pass over either media market and solid all around sports program. It's going to take a while because the next round of craziness will begin when the PAC-12 decides it's going to expand. When that happens, all hell will break loose.

In the game of conference alignment, it's the PAC-12 who ultimately is going to dictate when this thing is over.

Reaction Score
Everyone brings their own bias in interpreting a known set of facts. That bias certainly can infect our thinking, making some of our positions quite crazy. That being said, I'm having a hard time-a really hard time- looking at the quotes of the AD and find where he said "we love the ACC. It is our home today, tomorrow and forever."

While some anti-uconn folks slither in here from time to time and make for a more spirited board, sometimes I wish there was an automatic ban for their stupidity.

Reaction Score
Being an alum of Cincy and UConn, I have no fear over their outcomes. It may take a while, but it's absurd to think that one of these conferences would truly pass over either media market and solid all around sports program. It's going to take a while because the next round of craziness will begin when the PAC-12 decides it's going to expand. When that happens, all hell will break loose.

In the game of conference alignment, it's the PAC-12 who ultimately is going to dictate when this thing is over.

Agreed, and we should be fine on revenues in the short term. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

One thing that I'm not sure I'm going to be able to "move on" from (to the OP's point) is my apathy towards other leagues and college sports in general besides UConn. This has all really left a bad taste in my mouth. I was disinterested in most of college football and I've found that I've barely watched any of the top hoops teams this year that weren't playing UConn at the time. Part of that has to do with Pasqualoni and the NCAA ban, too. Maybe next year if our football team isn't incompetent on offense and we're back in the tournaments in basketball, I'll be back into it. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Its inconceivable to me that SH doesn't know our destination.
If its where we currently resides,she also knows what has to be done to change this outcome.
It may be that barring significant change in the landscape there is no out.
If that's our fate crying and putting down our fellow inmates is counter-productive.
There is an old adage in busness regarding opportunity.
When that bus comes you better have your ticket ready.
We didn't have it ready:
JC resigns, no NCAA
bad football hire etc
We better make sure that our tickets are ready on that 1 in 10 chance that bus comes around again.

Reaction Score
I like your posts Fish. HFD too It feels like I am out Teds (old Teds) and arguing it out with my roommates about whether we were going to win the NIT. This is fun!

So you know about Old Teds?

Reaction Score
After reading links from Florida State's AD and now Michigan St. president I believe saying that either the move to the Big 12 is not economically feasible and/or the Big 10 expansion is off the table, I feel it is best we resign ourselves to fact that for the foreseeable future we are where we are and make the best of it. It is not the best of situations but it should be fine in the short term. We went through this before and will have to do it again with waiting (1, 2, 3 years for the invite somewhere... and somewhere it will be). Lets hope that even if we win our league in these sports, the luster of our former allegiance to the Big East is still there. If we have to wait to long we could be considered just be another mid major who brings nothing to the table. And I look forward to Herbst plan on how this league is going to be innovative and how Manuel shows us it is a good fit for us.

Let's make the best of our current situation? Really? That's what you want to do? This league is atrocious. This league is a joke. USF and Cincinnati are our rivals now. That's it. Temple maybe. Temple. Temple. TEMPLE. Make the most of what? There's nothing to make the most of.

Reaction Score
Look. I know I'm new here, but c'mon. What actual evidence is there that the next moves are gonna happen within say the next 3 months.

LMFAO. One should resign oneself to anything in life because you might have to wait more than AN ENTIRE THREE MONTHS! Oh, the agony.

And we wonder why other countries are better than us in investing in the future.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's make the best of our current situation? Really? That's what you want to do? This league is atrocious. This league is a joke. USF and Cincinnati are our rivals now. That's it. Temple maybe. Temple. Temple. TEMPLE. Make the most of what? There's nothing to make the most of.

2012-13 was the worst year in the modern history of UConn athletics. Banned from the tournament, banned from the final ever BET (that we could play in). HOF coach retires. Football, evidently blessed with guys who destroyed the competition at the NFL combine, couldn't score or make a stop when needed and blew at least three games they should have won. The OC was incompetent. We finally got lucky, and a slot opened in the ACC and yet, Louisville, an inferior institution, was chosen. The invincible women's team can't beat ND anymore. Soccer was good and still choked. Our conference disintegrated and more schools left or elected not to come.

But there was good. Ollie looks like a legit successor to Calhoun and now has a 5 year deal. Hockey got an invite into the best league in the country. GDL was shunted aside and a more exciting, pass oriented OC was hired. Football had a solid signing day. All of these are long term rather than short term moves. If not for our new, much weaker conference situation, the outlook would be pretty positive. We are a conference switch away from being in great shape. I can't see 2013-14 being worse. We are bouncing up from the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom