Time to let Jamal Adams go. | The Boneyard

Time to let Jamal Adams go.

Reaction Score
For the last year, all he's done is piss and moan about his long term deal. We get it. You were clearly the best player on a crappy team. You are a good clubhouse leader. You deserve a fair contract, maybe even a little more.

Enough is enough though. All the mine, mine, mine talk has turned my opinion on him from future HOFer and an all-time great Jet.....to Darrell Revis v2.0. Always whining about money.

The Jets drafted 6 players that were captains of their college teams. They put Frank Gore in the locker room as a solid veteran presence. Kudos to Joe Douglass for being patient and building a good locker room....and not trying to instantly make a good locker room with a payday to a loudmouth.

Take two first round picks, maybe a really good player with an expiring fat contract and move on.

Reaction Score
Two firsts. A third. And McDougald isn’t a bad replacement for a player. No brainer.

Now he can be a real “leader” out west. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Great trade for both teams, even better trade for the Jets (long term). Glad he didnt go to the Cowboys or Eagles.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good riddance to really good rubbish. :rolleyes:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Fantastic move by the Jets.

If darnold doesn’t take the next step they have the ammo to go get fields or Lawrence

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember when the Whale were on their treadmill of mediocrity. The new guys would come in and trade their best player.

Reaction Score
I remember when the Whale were on their treadmill of mediocrity. The new guys would come in and trade their best player.

So, right now, this feels okay....except for the fact that Gase is the head coach. I feel like Douglas has made really smart moves - signings, drafting, trading, etc. The difference now, over years in the past is, Darnold looks like a keeper at QB and they haven't had a franchise QB for decades.....maybe ever.

The problem is, you rebuild, you trade Adams for the picks, stockpile the talent.....then fire Gase and bring in a whole new staff, offense, style....and make the group all learn something new. The timing sucks. Unless Gase can prove to be a competent head coach....which I don't think anyone believes will happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom