Time to Change The Narrative.. If You're a UConn Fan | The Boneyard

Time to Change The Narrative.. If You're a UConn Fan

Reaction Score
Speaking of other teams: I see similarities between us and Indiana. Big time programs, started off the season with some hype, started hot, lost a few to some of the lower half of our conference, fell in the rankings ....and they just took down #1.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
99 in the house

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Have won the last 3 out of 4.. Marq did not blow away Butler on their own home court.. Certain UConn guys showing their stuff.. Let's take it to Marq/Creighton next week and get s..t taken care of..
I agree about taking it to Marquette and Creighton because UConn needs some quality league wins.
Winning 3 of 4 is great but we are talking Butler, DePaul and GTown
Those results don't change a narrative in my eyes except they won games they should and lost a game they desperately needed at home vs Xavier.
Win the next two and then the narrative becomes different.

caw

Reaction Score
I agree about taking it to Marquette and Creighton because UConn needs some quality league wins.
Winning 3 of 4 is great but we are talking Butler, DePaul and GTown
Those results don't change a narrative in my eyes except they won games they should and lost a game they desperately needed at home vs Xavier.
Win the next two and then the narrative becomes different.

Only one bad loss this year, and those do matter. These aren't wins to hang your hat on, I agree but a loss would have been unimaginably bad. SJU was bad enough.

That SHU game and X game may haunt this team a bit, both were winnable games with some small fixes. The narrative would be completely different if UConn could have pulled those out, even just one would have changed things a lot.

Reaction Score
Only one bad loss this year, and those do matter. These aren't wins to hang your hat on, I agree but a loss would have been unimaginably bad. SJU was bad enough.

That SHU game and X game may haunt this team a bit, both were winnable games with some small fixes. The narrative would be completely different if UConn could have pulled those out, even just one would have changed things a lot.
The St. John’s loss is the pebble in my shoe that I cannot get rid of. Especially after the way they got handled at Creighton no Xavier and at home vs Marquette

Reaction Score
Speaking of other teams: I see similarities between us and Indiana. Big time programs, started off the season with some hype, started hot, lost a few to some of the lower half of our conference, fell in the rankings ....and they just took down #1.
Indiana hasn’t won a championship in like almost 40 years. That’s not the bar for “big time” we should be using for comparison imo. But point taken…we had a big swing and are still capable of beating top teams.

Reaction Score
The refs gave Providence that game…
All those refs should be fired after that game..

Providence was better than us in that game period. We had no one to contain Hopkins and Croswell won the interior battle.

This one needs to change at home next time!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Here we go again . . .
It was true. I said at the time, there is no way this game is fixed, because to ref on the take would ever make it so obvious.

Reaction Score
The refs gave Providence that game…
All those refs should be fired after that game..
Marquette fans felt the same way and wanted revenge for the 2OT loss at the AMP in December and for the shafting they received last season.

They got theirs. Now we need to get ours.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Team has FF talent. No reason not to raise expectations. That was the entire point of hiring Hurley and rejoining the BE.

Reaction Score
The narrative doesn’t change until they start beating teams with a pulse. Scraping by Georgetown isn’t going to get the heart racing.

Two wins this week and the narrative changes, two losses and this place will be on fire, 1-1 and it’s the same old

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The narrative doesn’t change until they start beating teams with a pulse. Scraping by Georgetown isn’t going to get the heart racing.

Two wins this week and the narrative changes, two losses and this place will be on fire, 1-1 and it’s the same old

Let’s get the home game and go from there.

1-1 would’ve been reasonable looking at the schedule before league play started, we have kinda put ourselves in a spot with the January cataclysm that we need 2-0 though. I agree.

Reaction Score
Let’s get the home game and go from there.

1-1 would’ve been reasonable looking at the schedule before league play started, we have kinda put ourselves in a spot with the January cataclysm that we need 2-0 though. I agree.
I like PAHuskys thought process here but also understand AWs. I mean home game against Marquette is one that could begin to change the narrative. Think they need this one mentally to potentially get back on a positive roll. Huge game at the XL, no duds are acceptable.

Reaction Score
Winning 3 out of 4 is not the end of the "narrative".. After Seton Hall loss.. Went on record as saying I thought we would end up 24-7 prior to BET.. Still believe that. This week's games are critical to turning around the season..

What gets old is little or no recognition of the progress we have made recently --irrespective of the opponents--as we work towards finishing the season strong.. XL crowd will be the 6th man on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Winning 3 out of 4 is not the end of the "narrative".. After Seton Hall loss.. Went on record as saying I thought we would end up 24-7 prior to BET.. Still believe that. This week's games are critical to turning around the season..

What gets old is little or no recognition of the progress we have made recently --irrespective of the opponents--as we work towards finishing the season strong.. XL crowd will be the 6th man on Tuesday.
Psychologically we need to beat someone good, Marquette, Providence, Creighton and certainly St. John’s.

Reaction Score
Im curious does Hurley run practice with the second team sagging way off Jackson? He has to right? Or does that mess with his head more?

Reaction Score
Providence was better than us in that game period. We had no one to contain Hopkins and Croswell won the interior battle.

This one needs to change at home next time!
The only way that changes for sure is double Bigs.

Reaction Score

Too few data points against bottom halves to make any conclusion we made progress. Georgetown played tough but clearly lacked the same of level of execution and finish as what we will face…. And we didn’t handle them with ease. But, the guard play looks better. Let’s see how they do against better guards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom