Time to call AJ..........DD.......... for his first NBA double/double | The Boneyard

Time to call AJ..........DD.......... for his first NBA double/double

Reaction Score
In case you missed it, AJ had a great game for Milwaukee tonight. I forgot they were on and only tuned in part
way through the third period and watched to the end. He showcased all the athleticism he showed here and more
as he was all over the court getting rebounds and easy shots. Near the end of the game he had 8 points and 9 rebounds
and after getting his tenth rebound he was out of the game for a couple minutes and then, with a couple minutes
to go, he was put back in and it looked as if they ran a play for him to get his ninth and tenth points.........and he did:
28 minutes
10 points on 5 for 8 shooting
10 rebounds
2 assists
One field goal was a highlight dunk of a missed three pointer. AJ sized it up from about 20 feet away and made
his move while the shot was in the air. Timed it perfectly and jumped between two players to grab it and dunk it.

The announcers were gushing over him all the while he was in the game.............sounded like his agents!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In case you missed it, AJ had a great game for Milwaukee tonight. I forgot they were on and only tuned in part
way through the third period and watched to the end. He showcased all the athleticism he showed here and more
as he was all over the court getting rebounds and easy shots. Near the end of the game he had 8 points and 9 rebounds
and after getting his tenth rebound he was out of the game for a couple minutes and then, with a couple minutes
to go, he was put back in and it looked as if they ran a play for him to get his ninth and tenth points.........and he did:
28 minutes
10 points on 5 for 8 shooting
10 rebounds
2 assists
One field goal was a highlight dunk of a missed three pointer. AJ sized it up from about 20 feet away and made
his move while the shot was in the air. Timed it perfectly and jumped between two players to grab it and dunk it.

The announcers were gushing over him all the while he was in the game.............sounded like his agents!
Thanks for the heads up.

Without there being a link to any video, I put in the search term "Andre Jackson January 14 highlights" and got to see the put-back slam ("AJax where did he come from"), a block at the rim that led to a Lillard 3, and Adrian Griffen nicely describing the player we know.

Reaction Score
From his coach:
IMG_4738.jpeg

Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up.

Without there being a link to any video, I put in the search term "Andre Jackson January 14 highlights" and got to see the put-back slam
"Without there being a link to any video, I put in the search term . . . . . . . . ."

Are You Stupid GIF

Anyway thanks for teaching me how to fish. I finally caught my first 'Andre Jackson January 14th highlight' fish.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
“I wasn't tired, coach,” Jackson Jr. quipped in his postgame media session. "Just keep going at it, playing the possession not playing the score. That's something I've been focusing on, just trying to stay present and play every single possession out. Don't worry about the big picture and the outcome, just worry about that process. Be process-driven."

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up.

Without there being a link to any video, I put in the search term "Andre Jackson January 14 highlights" and got to see the put-back slam ("AJax where did he come from"), a block at the rim that led to a Lillard 3, and Adrian Griffen nicely describing the player we know.
In my mind that block was the play of the game. Not sure there's a whole lot of players who could have made that block, much less kept the ball in play to start a break.

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread, but it’s worth posting again. Awesome game!

AJ had been taken out a couple minutes earlier (and it's only my speculation) but by putting him back in with less than two minutes left with a comfortable lead makes me think he was put in so he could get the double double.
It looked as if the play was set up for him.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"Without there being a link to any video, I put in the search term . . . . . . . . ."

Are You Stupid GIF

Anyway thanks for teaching me how to fish. I finally caught my first 'Andre Jackson January 14th highlight' fish.
The mere search term offered 3 different videos, all worth watching, and not easily aggregated (at least by me) into a single post. I'm glad you (and others?) enjoyed the results of your own search.

Fwiw, there was also a highlight video from a game a couple days prior that would have bundled multiple plays, but if there'd been something like that for the 14th, it wouldn't have included words from his coach.

EDIT: Thanks to @Scrutiner for posting what I'd have initially liked.

Reaction Score
I love Giannis apparent reaction on the putback dunk off the 3. He's underneath fighting for position and he and a few opposing players just look up to see these arms and then body come and dunk it with ease. Is it just me or does it look like Giannis is thinking "Alright, he (Jackson) got this."

Also, what stand up about Jackson is his spacing on the floor. For me, this has been one of the greatest strengths of Hurley's teams since he took the UConn job, and it was a big turn around from previous years. There are so many raw guys going to the NBA that some of them go in without some of the fundamentals and it must be nice for an NBA coach to bring in a young player who understand the importance of spacing.

Finally, though I ama big "C's" fan, Giannis is one of my favorite players to watch and I love that Jackson is playing with him. Giannis is a great guy for him to learn from and a good example of a guy who came into the NBA with a lot of raw talent and worked and listened to become an absolute force.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Didn't see yesterday's game, but AJax had a weird line - 10 mins, 5 fouls, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 TOs, yet still earned a +2. I'm guessing those fouls were necessary?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom