Time of Paige’s injury ? | The Boneyard

Time of Paige’s injury ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you taped the game, after the end of the half and the the immediate reolay
watch how Paige reacts after the football pass as she jumps for joy and see how she lands,
Am I seeing things

Reaction Score
If you taped the game, after the end of the half and the the immediate reolay
watch how Paige reacts after the football pass as she jumps for joy and see how she lands,
Am I seeing things
Yes, that was a truly joyous moment for Paige and is how she reacts when a great pass leads to a score. It was also 30 minutes before her injury. No way did she play for that long on an injury like this.

However, Medical experts have already addressed this, and it had nothing to do with that play. Her foot slipped and re-gripped as she was coming up court and her knee hyperextended. It all happened in an instant. Use your "tape" and watch it in slow motion as it happened. Pretty clear. Time of her injury: 38 seconds left.

Reaction Score
Yes, that was a truly joyous moment for Paige and is how she reacts when a great pass leads to a score. It was also 30 minutes before her injury. No way did she play for that long on an injury like this.

However, Medical experts have already addressed this, and it had nothing to do with that play. Her foot slipped and re-gripped as she was coming up court and her knee hyperextended. It all happened in an instant. Use your "tape" and watch it in slow motion as it happened. Pretty clear. Time of her injury: 38 seconds left.
Thanks

thanks I was not aware of that.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
That final play started with a slip and turn of her right ankle, the same one she had summer surgery on. Then I guess her left leg slipped, which really happened fast. The initial thought was that she injured her ankle. Is this correct?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

All of the medical experts say that is not when it happened. That was just the final straw. If it hadn’t emerged at that moment, it would’ve emerged as she was jogging to the locker room. But the root cause of the injury was much earlier, according to every orthopedist.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Before I checked out of the Holiday Inn Express, I watched the replay and I can say with 100% certainty that she was injured during the ND game. :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I looked at that play as well. She came down on two feet and then took something of a sideway step. I watched it 3-4 times and you can’t tell if the sideway step was a result of something she felt in her knee or just a somewhat random and insignificant stride.

If she did hurt her knee on that play, it’s pretty clear that Paige is most at risk on the court when she starts celebrating her teammates success. Everyone will remember that her sprained ankle last year occurred in the TN game after dropping another beautiful dime on Christyn and then starting to celebrate, at which time she took an awkward step spraining her ankle.

So until further notice, Paige will be restricted to “facial celebrations only!!!” ;)

Reaction Score
In the future, whoever is designated to do the "3 point high fives"on the bench, will conduct Paige's enthusiastic celebrations for her.
So let it be written, so let it be done.

Reaction Score
All of the medical experts say that is not when it happened. That was just the final straw. If it hadn’t emerged at that moment, it would’ve emerged as she was jogging to the locker room. But the root cause of the injury was much earlier, according to every orthopedist.
Not all medical experts and orthopedists had that to say. One example from the Hartford Courant:

Dr. Michael Miranda, Chief of Orthopedic Trauma at Hartford Hospital, and Jeff Stotts, an injury analyst and certified athletic trainer who has an extensive background covering sports injuries and has his own NBA injury database.

Watching the replay of Bueckers’ injury, it looks like she went to attempt a jab step as she was bringing the ball up the floor, and her ankle may have turned first before suffering the fracture. It’s possible that the ankle maneuver led to the knee hyperextension, Stotts and Miranda said, as ankle and knee movements are closely linked.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
All of the medical "experts", Every orthopedist? Or just the ones that don't have access to her MRI and CT scan?

Reaction Score
Paige out 6-8 weeks [Merged Thread]

I saw what you saw. Her first step after coming down from the big leap is a little funky.

I don't think the injury per se happened there, but maybe something happened that set the stage for what happened later.

I couldn't agree more. I saw the same thing and said to myself at the time, "that landing was weird".

Reaction Score
Even Geno stated that Paige had hit knees with another person at practice the day before and that could have started something. Doesn't really matter when or how. It just matters that it happened and we hope for a fast and total recovery!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom