Time for Longhorn thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Time for Longhorn thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
There was a time back in '84 when I was without the benefit of - ahem - female attention for a period of 4 months. In my heart and in my memories, that will always be known as the "longhorn".
I call that "marriage"!

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
schadenfreude regarding loss of tx little dude shows true opinion of current sled team

Do you talk like this in real life

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Ok it's really good this game is at Gampel and it's also really good Taylor is out for this one. Do we have a chance? Heck yeah, when doesn't a UConn team have a chance? What's going to have to happen to win this game? A few things actually:

Knock down shots. We're going to have to shoot it really well, no 3-17 from trey will allow is to even be in the game the last 10 minutes.

Pass the ball and make them work on D. They play big a lot, heck they are big, so ball movement and utilizing some mismatches on that end will help.

Defend and stay out of foul trouble. For those who have been all over Phil Nolan so far you better be his biggest admirer because he will see plenty of minutes and we will need him to play well. They are big and deep on the block and in the middle. They will pound it inside and often - Ridley, Turner, Lammert,, Ibex and even Holmes are physical and our bigs will be tasked to move some people around. It will be hell for Facey and Brimah but let's hope they're up to the task. Rubin would be nice just for a few minutes but that's not looking good!

Turnovers - this isn't just Texas as we know now it's every game. Take care of the ball and have good possessions. The way we win this game is a 59-58 scrum where we defend and get some good shots when crunch time appears. Sound familiar? That's UConn, need to get back there. Defend and rebound and keep the game close so the crowd helps through the rough times.

This is a good Texas team, even better with Taylor. Taylor may have had an edge on Boat but now Boat has the upper hand and this is a big game for him. No more street fights for him, hope these are over after the WV game. It's about the team, his team and he needs to be the leader expected when the torch was handed over. Back at it Boat, help this team see how it is to win a big game in college basketballs best atmosphere.

Hopefully the youngsters lace them up and make the Husky faithful proud! We'll see.
I think what needs to happen in these games(big OOC games) is that boat needs to go back to what he was doing for three years before, playing off the ball and letting someone else bring up the ball if need be... this is his first time running the show and bringing up the ball, it was always bazz bringing up the ball and finding the ball at the end of the shot clock... i say this and at the same time im thinking who will bring up the ball, maybe samuel/cassell/purvis? again just my opinion... i think that would help boat out and get others confidence as well... thats another thing, the kids cant be scared of wanting the ball, they need to want to it to help boat out, you saw that with wvu... i dont see another team being as aggressive as wvu except maybe duke... texas imo doesnt have the players 1-5 to do that, maybe just the guards but their bigs are bigs not oversized 3's

Reaction Score
Ok it's really good this game is at Gampel and it's also really good Taylor is out for this one. Do we have a chance? Heck yeah, when doesn't a UConn team have a chance? What's going to have to happen to win this game? A few things actually:

Knock down shots. We're going to have to shoot it really well, no 3-17 from trey will allow is to even be in the game the last 10 minutes.

Pass the ball and make them work on D. They play big a lot, heck they are big, so ball movement and utilizing some mismatches on that end will help.

Defend and stay out of foul trouble. For those who have been all over Phil Nolan so far you better be his biggest admirer because he will see plenty of minutes and we will need him to play well. They are big and deep on the block and in the middle. They will pound it inside and often - Ridley, Turner, Lammert,, Ibex and even Holmes are physical and our bigs will be tasked to move some people around. It will be hell for Facey and Brimah but let's hope they're up to the task. Rubin would be nice just for a few minutes but that's not looking good!

Turnovers - this isn't just Texas as we know now it's every game. Take care of the ball and have good possessions. The way we win this game is a 59-58 scrum where we defend and get some good shots when crunch time appears. Sound familiar? That's UConn, need to get back there. Defend and rebound and keep the game close so the crowd helps through the rough times.

This is a good Texas team, even better with Taylor. Taylor may have had an edge on Boat but now Boat has the upper hand and this is a big game for him. No more street fights for him, hope these are over after the WV game. It's about the team, his team and he needs to be the leader expected when the torch was handed over. Back at it Boat, help this team see how it is to win a big game in college basketballs best atmosphere.

Hopefully the youngsters lace them up and make the Husky faithful proud! We'll see.

Likely to be the only ranked team we play at home this year!!

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
You are assuming that, should you receive a reply, you will be able to even remotely decipher and understand the answer.
i have a lot of free time on my hands. i'd do it for the good of this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom